Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

i think that had to be a scratch track right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Is Hader jsut too busy or did something happen I am not aware of?

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

swickles posted:

I think he's shooting S04 and S05 of Barry right now. I still feel like he could have taken an hour out of his day to record those five lines of dialogue but wtf do i know?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
He's getting ready for a dwight schrute lookalike contest

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

swickles posted:

Just timing for this episode.

https://twitter.com/lorenbouchard/status/1457755586330710019?s=21

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Did you just say “I hope you like food”?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

punishedkissinger posted:

I think he's shooting S04 and S05 of Barry right now. I still feel like he could have taken an hour out of his day to record those five lines of dialogue but wtf do i know?
While I'm sure there are exceptions, basicaly no actor has ever been "too busy" to record voiceover lines. That's just something their agent says when they want their client to stop taking work they feel will drive the rest of their rates down.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

LividLiquid posted:

While I'm sure there are exceptions, basicaly no actor has ever been "too busy" to record voiceover lines. That's just something their agent says when they want their client to stop taking work they feel will drive the rest of their rates down.

Yeah, thats what happened in What If? Disney said they reached to every actor, and all of them who didn't voice their characters said they never got an offer and would have loved to do it (except ScarJo for obvious reasons). Dave Bautista was particularly irate that he didn't do the voice and its 100% on the agent.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
What episode had Tina running around slapping peoples asses screaming hell yeah

I thought it was the soccer episode but a quick look through didn't turn it up

Milo and POTUS fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Nov 14, 2021

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
The Torpedo Jones episode at the end of season one has her slapping all the baseball players' butts when she's in the dugout

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
7: Loft in Bedslation
Linda and the girls attempt to build a loft bed for Louise in just one day; Bob and Gene host a group of gamers.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Milo and POTUS posted:

What episode had Tina running around slapping peoples asses screaming hell yeah

I thought it was the soccer episode but a quick look through didn't turn it up

espresso machine? or the one where they all learn that clapping rhyme game?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This week's episode felt like two B plots that just got stuck together instead of being paired with an A plot.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Have they ever established what comes on the house burger at Bob’s?

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

ruddiger posted:

Have they ever established what comes on the house burger at Bob’s?

Nope, just the burger of the day. Can't imagine the guy springing for a special sauce to keep on hand at all times.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

It's the first thing you see in the intro.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
8: Stuck in the Kitchen with You
When Bob volunteers to cook Thanksgiving dinner for a retirement home, Louise gets stuck helping him on his most intense cooking day of the year; Gene and Tina try to help Zeke entertain the residents.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
I, for one, am thrilled for Bob, because finally, Mr. Burgers has had a successful Thanksgiving.

It's usually ruined by inconveniences that escalate into nigh disasters. This time, it seemed to be going that way--I thought for sure the entire episode would be like those nightmares where you're late for something, and every time you take one step toward getting to where you need to go, two things further delay you, and by the end of the dream, you've totally missed whatever it was, and you're somehow still trying to get there.

Instead, Bob gets to cook an amazing meal for an entire nursing home, and from what I can tell, it's a successfully prepared meal. And we get another glimpse at what makes Bob happy, which is cooking. He isn't a burger slinger because he needed a job and that's the best he could come up with; cooking is truly his passion, and he's genuinely delighted to get the chance to do it, even though it's what he does every day.

Bob needed a good Thanksgiving. I'm glad he got it.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
And next year, it'll be like it never happened~

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Nanigans posted:

And next year, it'll be like it never happened~

Lol I know. All those flashbacks to old thanksgivings where the kids are somehow right around the same age. At least BB is frozen in time for a very pleasant version of the US. I am literally envious of cartoon characters

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
:same:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Bob's kids really are terrible

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Linda is a garbage person.

Every other character exists as another step in Bob’s descent into madness.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Robert Facepalmer posted:

Linda is a garbage person.

the gently caress

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

the gently caress

It's true. Everyone in Bob's family (Tina and Bob himself aside) sucks.

Gimme a show about best-boys Zeke and Regular Size Rudy with occasional guest appearances from Bob and Tina.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Linda would be Gayle0 if she didn't have Bob normalizing her.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I remember really not liking Linda's character in the first season but I've since come to love her.

EDIT: I don't like that they never followed up on Louise admitting that she wants to take over the restaurant from Bob. She's often shown not giving a poo poo about the place at all.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I thought they were going to follow that up with this ep since Bob and Louise were paired in the kitchen, but nope.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I adore Linda. She's not an obnoxious nag and might be the most fun-loving person in the family. Plus she has a great heart.

Just an outstanding character all around, but particularly when compared to her contemporaries in animated sitcoms.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
If nothing else Linda gagging will always be one of the funniest things on the loving planet.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Pope Corky the IX posted:

EDIT: I don't like that they never followed up on Louise admitting that she wants to take over the restaurant from Bob. She's often shown not giving a poo poo about the place at all.

there will never be arcs or development on this show!

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I love that she has a tendency to drink too much and ruin a good time, and that she gets swept away in flights of fancy at the expense of others, 'cause it puts her in that Sweet Dee space where she's every bit as flawed, but full of love as the rest of the characters, rounding out the show even though she, like Dee, sort of began as the Marge.

Not as much as Dee did, but you don't have to strain too hard to see into that string theory universe and in it, I'm pretty sure the show was cancelled long ago.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

there will never be arcs or development on this show!

Little King Trash Mouth has a story arc, even if it's only in Linda's mind.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

Little King Trash Mouth has a story arc, even if it's only in Linda's mind.

linda's mind has fractured and she slips between the infinite shards of reality

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

LividLiquid posted:

It's the first thing you see in the intro.

So he serves his burgers with just cheese, lettuce, tomato, and pickles? No mustard or ketchup or mayo (yuck) or any other kind of sauce or spread?

I guess that’s where the burger of the day comes in.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

We see them refilling ketchup and mustard bottles constantly, its like the one job the kids have other than wiping down the menus (which presumably have more infor than the wall sign). So the ketchup and mustard are at each booth and easily added to the burgers.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Is Bob a Heinz or a Hunt’s guy, or does he make his own ketchup?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

ruddiger posted:

Is Bob a Heinz or a Hunt’s guy, or does he make his own ketchup?

https://twitter.com/bobsburgersfox/status/610887081879941120

Making his own ketchup is definitely something he would have tried at one point and gave up on after the kids ruined it, though

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

ruddiger posted:

So he serves his burgers with just cheese, lettuce, tomato, and pickles? No mustard or ketchup or mayo (yuck) or any other kind of sauce or spread?

I guess that’s where the burger of the day comes in.
Forgot about the condiments, but there's ketchup and mustard on the tables, so one can safely assume the burger includes those.

As for making his own ketchup, he'd stay up all night putting tons of work into it only for his customers to prefer Heinz, setting him down a stubborn path for 20 minutes before he realizes his job is to give the customers what they want; not what he wants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Will never not laugh at bob kidnapping a guy and feeding him a burger