Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Teddy completely forgetting how to be a human being while panicking will never stop being funny to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Beartaco posted:

I liked the ferry episode a lot. I kept going back and forth on whether or not I liked that they left the will they/won't they (be the power couple) unresolved. It felt like it was maybe a cop out but I think it was deserved in the end. I did love that the farmer had them do an RPG quest at one point before they could proceed.

It was a great episode. It really captured the feeling of a specific type of nightmare I occasionally have.

In each iteration of this nightmare, the details are different--where I start, where I'm going, what my main objective is, etc. The common element that allows me to sort this kind of dream is the fact that I have a time-sensitive deadline that I am doomed to miss: get to work by 8:30, for example. The harder I try to get there on time, the more I am waylaid by jackassery.

It starts simple: I can't find my clothes, then my shoes are missing, then just the laces are missing, then I get those on but I somehow lost my shirt in the process, etc. When I'm finally ready to go, my keys are obviously gone, and now I'm officially late, so I start thinking of plausible excuses while I look. And when I finally get going, the insane side-quests begin, each making me later and later until I'm panicking because I pulled a no-call, no-show and will have to explain it... but I keep trying to get to my destination anyway.

I've had so many of those dreams that I really appreciate it when I watch something that captures that kind of feeling without, you know, being an actual nightmare.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

tarlibone posted:

The harder I try to get there on time, the more I am waylaid by jackassery.
If your avatar wasn't gonna' make me hear your post in Rusty voice, this certainly did the job.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
15: Ancient Misbehaving
After feeling slighted by a teacher during a special Ancient Greece unit, Louise, Millie and Regular-Sized Rudy take matters into their own hands to restore justice; Bob gets a room of his own.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Crawlspace or basement?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Pancake!

Rudy continues to be best boy.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Nanigans posted:

Pancake!

Rudy continues to be best boy.

... he helps the key grip?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I don't know what that is, but you can be sure Rudy would help them.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Why then, perhaps you'd appreciate an article that would help you to understand the role of a Best Boy on a film set!

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
A stuffed flounder is a great toy. :3:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I noticed in the background of one of the bedroom scenes you could see Bob and Linda's wedding picture. Have we ever seen that before?

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

muscles like this! posted:

I noticed in the background of one of the bedroom scenes you could see Bob and Linda's wedding picture. Have we ever seen that before?

It's shown up occasionally, but the bedroom has to be involved in the story beyond Bob& Linda trying to sleep.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Milo and POTUS posted:

Crawlspace or basement?

Hey I was right :cool:

Bob's right to be excited about the bathroom; not having a second is the single biggest knock I have against the apartment as a livingspace

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
16:Interview With a Pop-pop-pire
Big Bob comes to dinner so that Tina can interview him for a school project; the family members take turns coming up with their own versions of an infamous tree incident that happened to Pop Pop in his younger years.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
The whole thing where Bob and his dad get into an argument over just the way that Pop-pop Burger told the tree story really reminded me of a lot of the interactions I had with my own dad.

Except for, well, the part where they made up.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
Is this the first time they mentioned Bob's mom has passed away? I can't remember if it was mentioned when they worked at Big Bob's dinner.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

I was really hoping Tina and Louise would do the They Live glasses fight.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/BobsBurgersFOX/status/1509591167108882436

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

It took forever for me to realize Linda's leg was not part of Bob's apron.

17: The Spider House Rules
Louise befriends a house spider and hides it in her room after Linda and Bob tell her to remove it from the apartment; Bob tries to make a friend outside of the people that come to the restaurant.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Tina in lesbian, and out-dated colors at that? I'm writing my congressional representatives.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

Is this the first time they mentioned Bob's mom has passed away? I can't remember if it was mentioned when they worked at Big Bob's dinner.

They've mentioned it before in the gingerbread episode I think

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
Oops jumped the gun by a week, never realized Fox was a Grammy respecting channel.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbGXqUumtqg

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
“Did you just walk in?”
“The door was unlocked, I thought you left it open for me”
“I guess one of us left it open for…anyone”

I’m dying.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

That wasn't in the trailer was it?

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

It's from the latest episode with Bob's dad.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I hate people who hate spiders. The belcher clan is on thin ice

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
18: Clear and Present Ginger
Linda has a big day planned when her friend comes to visit; Bob and the kids help Nat with her limo competition.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BobsBurgersFOX/status/1518288669458710528?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
19: A-Sprout A Boy

When Gene becomes obsessed with an old handheld game, Bob offers to help with a school project, in hopes of steering his son toward more interesting pursuits; Louise and Tina take over a grocery store kiddie ride.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

19: A-Sprout A Boy

When Gene becomes obsessed with an old handheld game, Bob offers to help with a school project, in hopes of steering his son toward more interesting pursuits; Louise and Tina take over a grocery store kiddie ride.

I liked this episode. Gene was unusually bad for most of it, but he got some redemption in the end. Lazy redemption, sure, but I'll allow it since it gave us a fun outro video.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I hated it. Just one of the worst, top to bottom. Why do they write these episodes where literally everyone is unlikable.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Is this season the first time Bob's mom and/or Ginger have been seen?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Nanigans posted:

I hated it. Just one of the worst, top to bottom. Why do they write these episodes where literally everyone is unlikable.

I haven't seen it but I liked the limo one well enough. But the show's shifted greatly in tone and I'm almost never excited to watch it anymore. It's amazing how top heavy the show is in quality; those first 5 or so seasons definitely get the lion's share of winners. The writing team definitely feels like it's been on autopilot for the last few seasons

live with fruit posted:

Is this season the first time Bob's mom and/or Ginger have been seen?

Are you talking about the limo one or the most recent one? We've almost certainly seen parts of ginger in a couple episodes. I think the dinner theater one and the mustache anthology

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
I don't understand making a completely irrelevant side-character have a gimmick like that. Dr Claw, sure. Charlie, fine. Ginger? Who gives a poo poo?

Danzel Glovington
Mar 16, 2006

I'm too old to bury my son!

ChesterJT posted:

I don't understand making a completely irrelevant side-character have a gimmick like that. Dr Claw, sure. Charlie, fine. Ginger? Who gives a poo poo?

Maris from Frasier was probably the best version of this and can't be topped so it's almost always like why bother

edit: oh poo poo, duh, ERIKA from Bojack Horseman as I live and breathe

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

ChesterJT posted:

I mean at this point they're just having fun with it. It's not like there aren't other, more glaring problems that need addressing

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

I honestly liked seeing Gene's neurodivergence as being presented as something other than a zippy comeback generator.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2A3jr8aXjw

I didn't realize that this was coming so soon.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
I'm seeing ads on television the the movie! Mind you it's late night NBC, but it's a start.

20: Sauce Side Story
When Louise, Gene and Tina try to track down a lost family recipe for a Mother's Day gift for Linda, first they have to navigate an old family feud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This cousin's big chin looks just wrong.