Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heather Papps

hello friend

what do i do now?

burn my computer? i mean this is what the algorithm thinks of me. what am i?

how did i fail this much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

"drat that's a dope rear end honky"

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

One time I fought with YouTube for a full month because it would not stop recommending terrible drake songs. It hurts, but you get over it

Percy Teatwillow

let us go out this evening for pleasure, for the night is still young
i am literally so careful with what i watch on youtube for this exact reason! i don’t want an algorithm thinking i like things that i don’t because it seems to be like, “oh, you REALLY LOVE this, don’t you? here’s your entire feed devoted to this one thing.” and then I never want to watch youtube again

THANK U Heather Papps !!

Gluehead posted:

i met snow at a restaurant once and i was like 'man, informer is a really good song!' and he just looked up from the bowl of french onion soup he was eating, mouthed the words 'gently caress off' and then he gave me the finger twice with boths hands, then crossed the two fingers to make a cross and aimed it at me
take the moon

by sebmojo
mackleless not macklemore lmao

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Percy Teatwillow

let us go out this evening for pleasure, for the night is still young
remember when macklemore brought eric nally with him on a world tour just for that one song they did together

THANK U Heather Papps !!

Gluehead posted:

i met snow at a restaurant once and i was like 'man, informer is a really good song!' and he just looked up from the bowl of french onion soup he was eating, mouthed the words 'gently caress off' and then he gave me the finger twice with boths hands, then crossed the two fingers to make a cross and aimed it at me
Macnult

he made a very thoughtful song about how he’s not gay but it’s cool to be gay

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC2U5qP0BwU

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

I played minecraft ONCE on my stream and immediately started getting commercials where kids tell me that real gamers need to focus and that's why they don't do weed.

Bitch, I'm am adult. I'll do exactly the amount of weed that I want

biosterous

i don't look at the recommendations most of the time, but when i do i found out you can click a button and then click "not interested" and the algorithm won't suggest that video for a bit, and maybe possibly learn that all you want youtube for is let's plays and music? hasn't quite worked all the way but it's definitely improved some

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

biosterous posted:

i don't look at the recommendations most of the time, but when i do i found out you can click a button and then click "not interested" and the algorithm won't suggest that video for a bit, and maybe possibly learn that all you want youtube for is let's plays and music? hasn't quite worked all the way but it's definitely improved some

I tried to click that I wasn't interested in drake and it crashed

biosterous

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

gallery of sigs

he/him

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

it only works up to 17 clicks. once you hit 18 he's no longer interested

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

your friend sk posted:

Escape From Noise

Macnult posted:

he made a very thoughtful song about how he’s not gay but it’s cool to be gay

I remember thinking that Thrift Shop got really old really fast, then that song came out.

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
this is fuckign awesome

biosterous

your friend sk posted:

:vince:

gallery of sigs

he/him

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

your friend sk posted:

God drat

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
i like the plugin "DF Youtube" to make youtube less annoying

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."

your friend sk posted:

lol

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

Ventral EggSac

i'm gonna block some ads

Finger Prince

Ventral EggSac posted:

i'm gonna block some ads

I got ublock on my browser

Heather Papps

hello friend

your friend sk posted:

barnold posted:

this is fuckign awesome

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

Even clicking not interested can't save my account, it will just suggest more poo poo I've never heard of before(FSM save me, if I accidentally click one, from a full page of similar suggestions). I don't even see things from channels I watch anymore. Either I angered the algorithm or I have successfully confused it going back and forth from things I like and Paw Patrol.

Escape From Noise

YouTube seems very convinced that I really want to hear what Joe Rogan has to say.

Heather Papps

hello friend

i am in all honesty fond of music suggestion algorythms. i used pandora heavily, scrobbled thousands of plays with last.fm, and still let youtube throw poo poo into mixes as a result. i've found some really good music this way.

within the past couple months i've found out about https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAn3JdtSrnY and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie6plcFQ330 so it's doing a good job of matching my interests SOMETIMES.

there've been some mis-steps but this macklemore one is so significant it may cause me to sever

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Jaguars!

In my experience you can spend months curating it to get a mix of R&B and Motown but you click one link to a train video and it'll assume your life is defined by trainspotting for the next 2 months.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

To be fair, trainspotting is a good movie

watho

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

barnold posted:

this is fuckign awesome

your friend sk posted:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BigClutteredJoey-mobile.mp4
thank u vanisher for the sig
and thank u nesamdoom for the good loops

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
I just never log in to youtube unless a video is age-restricted. That probably make my profile look really pervy, now that I think of it.

Ass-penny

I'll pour one out for you tonight HP.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Space Taxi
You only get to make a first Youtube algorithm impression once. I never eat spaghetti while watching cat videos.

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN

Heather Papps posted:

what do i do now?

burn my computer? i mean this is what the algorithm thinks of me. what am i?

how did i fail this much.

pissssssssssssss

drat I love this video! and I feel like i've only failed some - if I failed entirely I'd be getting nickelback videos or vanilla ice

frump truck

hello... again!

have you considered mackleing less

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

its one of tbe most beautiful songs in the english language op

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

if churches ever decided to ditch the latin then macklemore is what theyd sing

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

macklemore bought your sins for ninety nine cents at the thrift shop and this is how you thank him

Escape From Noise

More like MackleNOTHANKYOU!

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Moo Cowabunga

[Office Worker.

your friend sk posted:

I also lol’d.

much like mr. macklemore says to do in his song about popping tags and wearing your granddads clothes and getting tricked by business

Platinum User Pot Smoke Phoenix!

VANISHER

HEATHER PAPPS

https://giant.gfycat.com/WellgroomedImperfectHaddock.webm the vanisher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana

Pisssssssss