Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

SalTheBard posted:

You are forums Mafia Superstar Toalpaz
hi sal!!!!!!!!!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
friends, arrentish, countrywomen, work this week has been crazy and I will not finish the PMs by this evening as I had planned. Yes, yes, make the jokes. I need the weekend to finish them, so expect a Sunday or Monday launch. If I do not finish them by Monday evening, I will consider this game a mulligan and release you all from your obligation.

Thank you for your patience!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
ecco give me something really stupid. like a super secret double reverse miller

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

George Kansas posted:

ecco give me something really stupid. like a super secret double reverse miller

turn your monitor on

Did I do this joke right?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
This is good because now I don't have to split focus with metroid dread

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I forgot I signed up for this

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Mr. Humalong posted:

I forgot I signed up for this

I forgot you signed up for this

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Toalpaz posted:

I forgot you signed up for this

Don't say that, let me believe you think about me as much as I think about you

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

EccoRaven posted:

friends, arrentish, countrywomen, work this week has been crazy and I will not finish the PMs by this evening as I had planned. Yes, yes, make the jokes. I need the weekend to finish them, so expect a Sunday or Monday launch. If I do not finish them by Monday evening, I will consider this game a mulligan and release you all from your obligation.

Thank you for your patience!

:birdthunk:

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

I don't want to be released :colbert:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
One need not be released, as I have completed the role PMs!

They will go out shortly.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Hooray! Everyone should have their role PMs; check your inboxes. Thank you for being patient with me!

For reference, all the role PMs look something like this:

A Sample Role PM posted:

Illandir - Fisherman (town-aligned)
You love being on the water. For as far back as you can remember you've been attracted to that endless expanse of blue sea. Your parents joked that you learned how to swim before you knew how to walk, and you've certainly spent more time standing on a boat than on dry land. On the shore you feel strangely unsteady, like your legs are always preparing for a wave that will never come so you can never relax. But on the water everything feels right. You've flipped this desire to being a fisherman; the sea is full of unimaginable bounty and you suspect a large enough net could feed the entire world for a lifetime. Recently people on shore have lost their minds and are murdering each other over some trees; you're going to have to bring all your salt wisdom to the land lubbers, if only so you can return to where you feel most alive.
You are a townie! There are those in this village who seek to cause murder and mayhem, and as such you win when all those scum players are eliminated. You have the normal powers of posting and voting freely.
You are also the town fisherman; you are spending an uncomfortable amount of time during the day on land, so you have to spend all night at sea. During the night you can choose to either cast a NET and rest 'til dawn, or patiently use your ROD until you catch something. You do not know what if any effect these choices may have.
Good luck!

Flips will look like this:

:s: Player Name, Flavor Title (alignment-aligned), died in a flavor-specific way. :s:

Example:

:s: Illandir, Fisherman (town-aligned), was gored by a spear night 0. :s:

The game will begin shortly!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
NOTE: THIS GAME HAS A NIGHT 0.

IF YOU HAVE A ROLE THAT DOES NOT REQUIRE TARGETING ANOTHER PLAYER, YOU MUST SUBMIT A CHOICE WITHIN THE NEXT 12 HOURS.

THE GAME WILL OFFICIALLY BEGIN LATE TONIGHT WITH DAY 1!

"ecco how do I know if my role targets another player"

If your role PM says something like "at night you may target another player and," congrats you do not have to submit something for night 0! If your role is ambiguous about it, assume you do not target anyone specifically!

Good luck!!!!!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Last night, everything in the town truly changed forever. People had been bickering about lemon trees for a week now, and everyone thought it was just something that'll solve itself, or go away on its own. But this morning the town awoke to find that Illandir Postmodifier, beloved friend in the town, and owner of two lemon trees, was gored by a spear. Both trees were hastily dug up and removed to somewhere unknown. After the funeral at sea, the remaining villagers gathered in the town square. They had a grim duty ahead of them, and nobody was certain how to begin. They held their breath, and prayed.

:s: Illandir, Fisherman (town-aligned), was gored by a spear night 0. :s:

It is now Day 1!

:h: With 15 alive it takes 8 to execute
:d: Day 1 deadline: Thursday, October 14th, ~11PM EDT / ~8PM PDT / Wednesday ~5AM CEST

Good luck!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: The Current Day 1 Votecount :c:

Not Voting (15): b-minus1, Deadbeat Dad, George Kansas, Hal Insandenza, Maerlyn, merk, Mr. Humalong, Nep-Nep, Pinterest Mom, PlasticAutomaton, SalTheBard, Sandwolf, Shellception, t a s t e, Toalpaz

:h: With 15 players alive, it takes 8 votes to be executed.
:d: Deadline is Thursday.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
hello my old friends

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
Good morning!

So... anyone happened to see two lemon trees walking by themselves last night?

(sorry, but that is a funny mental image)

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

How do we know it's a spear and not just an incredibly large tree branch? I bet the trees got up and stabbed him before running away.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

PlasticAutomaton posted:

How do we know it's a spear and not just an incredibly large tree branch? I bet the trees got up and stabbed him before running away.

Lemon trees do actually have spikes :hmmyes:.

I believe we have solved the case, everyone. We can go home. Tie your trees up with strong, heavy chains, and surely nothing else will happen.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
##vote merk because it is always destiny when we're in the same game

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

confirming that i am vanilla town, at this time.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Pinterest Mom posted:

confirming that i am vanilla town, at this time.

what's that I've only heard of lemon town

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

So, alright, how'd that game go? Mason, cop, vig?

I'd mason George Kansas, only played one game with him but he seemed nice so. Alternatively mason anyone I don't know here and that doesn't know me, because that's always fun.

Cop Merk, because I swear I can never, ever read you straight up. And then I end up thinking you are scum and then you turn out not to be scum and I feel bad, but by then you think I am scum and then I am not scum and agh. Let's just cut it short and fast.

And vig Mae. No hard feelings Mae. But in all my games* you have a 66% record of being scum, so why do the whole song and dance again.

*disclaimer: game sample is 3 so it miiiiiight be a bit skewed but it is SCIENTIFICALLY, MATHEMATHICALLY BASED so.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I'm so glad, I'm so glad our lemon tree finally grew.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I mean imagine. We could have made lemonade, key lemon pie, lemon meringue pie. I think it's the most valuable property that we had.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
What’s up

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Shellception posted:

So, alright, how'd that game go? Mason, cop, vig?

I'd mason George Kansas, only played one game with him but he seemed nice so. Alternatively mason anyone I don't know here and that doesn't know me, because that's always fun.

Cop Merk, because I swear I can never, ever read you straight up. And then I end up thinking you are scum and then you turn out not to be scum and I feel bad, but by then you think I am scum and then I am not scum and agh. Let's just cut it short and fast.

And vig Mae. No hard feelings Mae. But in all my games* you have a 66% record of being scum, so why do the whole song and dance again.

*disclaimer: game sample is 3 so it miiiiiight be a bit skewed but it is SCIENTIFICALLY, MATHEMATHICALLY BASED so.

I'd cop sandwolf because even when I'm right about him I end up feeling a lot of self-doubt about it. Mason b-minus because I feel like we can be on the same page but talking past each other in the the actual game threads a lot. I'd probably vig Hal he has a pretty good track record for fooling me too long.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

merk posted:

What’s up

nothing much whats updog with you

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

I am here amongst murderous lemon thieves, let's do this:

Mason Plastic
Cop taste
Vig Toal (revenge is a lemon dish best served cold)

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Has it been more than 10 seconds since I've checked op?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Toalpaz posted:

I mean imagine. We could have made lemonade, key lemon pie, lemon meringue pie. I think it's the most valuable property that we had.

:flame:

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Toalpaz posted:

Is this a PGO claim? :raise:

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Shellception posted:

Is this a PGO claim? :raise:

Maybe I'm slow (it's early), explain?

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Maerlyn posted:

Maybe I'm slow (it's early), explain?

Who'd openly advertise their juicy, pricey lemons in a town bustling with lemon (tree) thieves?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I have results to share

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I won’t think of you any differently

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

##vote binus

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Oh snap, it's those lemon stealing whores!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Toalpaz posted:

Oh snap, it's those lemon stealing whores!

Dammit I should have posted it first but balked (nice copypasta).

What's up binus??