Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##unvote; ##vote Nep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

merk posted:

Nep-Nep choosing to bus a scum buddy instead of voting Sal here on d2 (a player Nep-Nep said made a scummy d1 vote earlier) seems odd if Nep-Nep is scum.

This was a really good move d2, Nep. Fooled me 100% after both flips.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
##unvote

##vote Nep

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Like out of all the d2 stuff, you bussing a different buddy as Sal is going down is really not something I’d ever suspect from most scum. Good move for late game.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
:redhammer:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
what can I say, I have a gift.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
"It's just me," says Nep. "I'm the last one. The conspiracy is failed. I murdered Maerlyn last night; you should execute me for my crimes, please." The town obliged.

:s: Nep-Nep, Miner (scum-aligned), was executed day 5. :s:

In the coming days it was clear that Nep was indeed the last scum in the town, and the survivors could finally breathe. With time they understood the secret to their success; why was it that, though gripped with violence and terror, most of the town survived? Why was it that half the conspirators confessed to their crimes and volunteered for their own executions? Why was it so easy for the villagers to trust one another? Because this town had something that most stories like this don't have: a community. Everyone in the village knows everyone else in the village, and more importantly relies on everyone else. The blacksmith needs the miner, and the farmer needs the blacksmith, and the cook needs the farmer, and everyone needs the fool. The connections we forge with each other give our lives meaning, and we in turn give meaning to others by their connections to us. If you try to pick out anyone by themselves, you'll find them hitched to everything else in the Universe.

The community knew that, going forward, the town of Portokalia - as an entity - would have to come to an end. There was simply too much death too quickly to ever recover. But the community is more than the town, and they knew the love they have for one another would endure no matter what happened. The eight surviving families distributed the lemon trees evenly among themselves, and when investors from the mainland arrived, everyone profited equally. The manor which was once home to the Baroness became a lemon plantation owned by the newly-formed Kirane Citrus Co-Operative. The remaining buildings in the town turned into housing for all the new laborers and farmers ready to breed and grow thick, juicy lemons for the hungry Imperia.

What did the survivors do with their newfound wealth? One family went to the mainland for other pursuits. Two more resettled elsewhere on the island, joining new communities and forging new connections. But most of them pooled their money and bought a small tropical island in Metzzi, where they lived out their citrine dreams in peace and relaxation for the rest of their days. It's not often I get to say this at the end of a story, but this time it's true: everyone really did live happily ever after.

🍋
All scum players have been eliminated!
The game is over!
The TOWN has won!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Citrine Dreams

A Game for 15 players

GIMMICK:
Players interconnected -> depending on their binary choices, affects the rest of the game

- 1 Shepherd, can choose to either leave their gate open or closed at night.
- 1 Trapper, can either lay animal traps at night or make bait
- 1 Tanner, can choose to make leather or rest
- 1 Fueller, can either distribute coke or oil at night.
- 1 Blacksmith, can either make swords or ploughs
- 1 Pilgrim, prays at night either to the Goddess of Wisdom, or to the Goddess of Death, or to the Goddess of Love
- 1 Farmer (SCUM): can plant potatoes or cabbages

HOW THEY INTERACT:

- If the Shepherd lets their sheep out, the sheep will randomly roleblock a player in the game, unless the Trapper has laid traps.

- If the Trapper lays out traps during the night and the Shepherd released their sheep, the Trapper will catch the sheep, roleblocking the Shepherd the following night but letting the Tanner make leather on a subsequent night. If the Trapper lays out traps during the night and the Shepherd keeps their sheep penned in, any player who targets the Trapper at night will lose their vote the next day. If nobody targets the Trapper, and the Trapper laid baited traps, then the Trapper will catch wild animals and the Tanner can make leather on a subsequent night. This can only happen twice before requiring sheep. If the Trapper chooses to make bait then the next traps will be "baited traps" - will capture released sheep AND can take the vote away of whomever targets the Trapper that night. (i.e. it's BOTH/AND rather than EITHER/OR.)

- If the Tanner makes leather, the smell makes the Tanner untargetable at night, and anyone who tries to target a player near the Tanner will have their action fail and similarly become untargetable (as they pass out from the fumes). If the Tanner makes leather during the night, they can grant a bulletproof to a player in the game at the end of the following day. Note that the scum Veteran, if attacking someone with Armor, the Armor becomes only one-shot. The Trapper can only catch pelts independently of sheep twice. If the Tanner chooses to rest, nothing happens.

- If the Fueller gives the Blacksmith coke, the smoke obscures the Pilgrim's mind, preventing the positive effect from praying to Wisdom, but enhancing the effect from praying to Death. If the Fueller gives the Blacksmith oil, vice versa. These effects only happen if the Blacksmith performs an action.

- If the Blacksmith chooses to make swords, and the Fueller gave them coke, then the Blacksmith can grant a 1-shot vig kill to a player in the game at the end of the following day; if the Fueller gave them oil, the 1-shot vig kill is unsuccessful. If the Blacksmith chooses to make ploughs, the Farmer's crops are enhanced. The Blacksmith can only function if the Fueller performs an action.

- If the Pilgrim prays to Wisdom, anyone who targets the Pilgrim that night will be told the Pilgrim is town; if the Fueller gave OIL, they also become masons; if the Fueller gave COKE, there is no effect at all. If the Pilgrim prays to Death, the Pilgrim cannot be killed that night; if the Fueller gave coke, the Pilgrim also kills anyone who tries to kill them that night; if the Fueller gave oil, there is no effect at all. Either way, if the Pilgrim prays to Love, the Cleric's protections are enhanced (their protection lingers and is 50% effective the following night), and if the Pilgrim prays to Death, the Constable becomes Paranoid and Brutal that night, and if the Pilgrim prays to Wisdom, the Hunter can see not only where a player goes but what they do.

- If the Farmer chooses to plant potatoes, nothing happens, unless the Blacksmith made ploughs, in which case everyone who targets the Farmer that night and on the subsequent night gets "positive" flavor. If the Farmer chooses to plant cabbages, and the Shepherd releases their sheep, all the cabbages will be eaten, preventing the Trapper from capturing any sheep, unless the Blacksmith made ploughs, in which case the sheep can still be captured by the Trapper.

Regular Roles with Flavor Titles:

- 1 Cleric: the Doctor
- 1 Constable: the Naive Cop
- 1 Hunter: the Tracker. If the Shepherd lets out their sheep, and the Hunter targets the Shepherd, the Hunter will kill the sheep, preventing the Trapper from succeeding.
- 1 Drunkard: a Vanilla. Can choose to Carouse or Sing. Either way, has no effect.
- 1 Cook: another Vanilla. Can choose to make soup or bread. Flavor of soup depends on Farmer's choice that night. Either way, has no effect.

SCUM ROLES: (in addition to Farmer above)
- 1 Baroness: the Rolecop. Is told flavor role and what their action is, but not necessarily how it interconnects.
- 1 Veteran: the Assassin. Kills cannot be stopped by the doctor ordinarily, however kills will fail against someone with leather armor (removing the armor), or if the doctor is enhanced by the Pilgrim praying to Love that night.
- 1 Miner: the Goon. In lieu of killing, can choose to either mine coal or iron; either way, has no effect, but it is implied it's connected to the Blacksmith or Fueller for cover.

GAME HAS A NIGHT 0

LET'S BEGIN

===========================================

Player List:

1) SalTheBard - Baronness (scum-aligned)
2) PlasticAutomaton - Veteran (scum-aligned)
3) Nep-Nep - Miner (scum-aligned)
4) b-minus1 - Farmer (scum-aligned)
5) Pinterest Mom - Shepherd (town-aligned)
6) merk - Trapper (town-aligned)
7) Shellception - Tanner (town-aligned)
8) Sandwolf - Fueller (town-aligned)
9) George Kansas bifauxnen - Blacksmith (town-aligned)
10) Deadbeat Dad - Pilgrim (town-aligned)
11) Toalpaz - Cleric (town-aligned)
12) t a s t e - Constable (town-aligned)
13) Hal Incandenza - Hunter (town-aligned)
14) Mr. Humalong - Drunkard (town-aligned)
15) Maerlyn - Cook (town-aligned)

NIGHT 0:

Nep mines IRON (fails, sheepblocked)
bm farms POTATOES

Pmom RELEASES SHEEP (rng: Nep)
merk MAKES BAIT
Shell RESTS
Sand gives COKE
GK makes PLOUGHS
DD prays to WISDOM

Humalong SINGS
Maerlyn cooks SOUP

Results:

SHEEP randomly roleblock a player in the game: Nep-Nep
Nep gets sheepblock flavor, does NOT mine iron
Next TRAP will be "baited"
Farmer plants POTATOES, Barnaby made PLOUGHS
--- b-minus will give off positive flavor for visitors on subsequent night
WISDOM, but COKE -> mind clouded, no effect

Day 1:
Town executes nobody rip

Night 1:
Sal rolecops Hal
PA kills Sandwolf
Nep mines IRON
bm farms POTATOES

Pmom LOCKS GATE
merk LAYS TRAPS
Shell RESTS
Sand gives OIL
GK makes NOTHING HE DID NOT SUBMIT AN ACTION RIP
DD prays to LOVE

Toal heals Pmom
taste naivestigates Pmom
Hal tracks Sandwolf

Humalong CAROUSES
Maerlyn cooks BREAD

Results:
SHEEP stay in, nobody is randomly roleblocked
TRAPS capture pelts, delivered to Shell
LOVE: Toal's protection lingers on PMom, 50% chance it'll remain on night 2

Day 2:
GK replaced by bifauxnen
Town executes Sal

Night 2:
b- kills Bif
Nep mines IRON

Pmom RELEASES SHEEP (rng: Nep)
merk MAKES BAIT
Shell MAKES LEATHER
bif makes PLOUGHS (fails, no fueller)
DD prays to LOVE

Toal heals merk
taste naivestigates toal
Hal tracks b- (TO BIF)

Humalong CAROUSES
Maerlyn cooks SOUP

Results:
Bif dies, but Hal tracks b- to it
Sheep are released, randomly sheepblock: Nep (lol)
Shell makes leather armor, is untargetable tonight
Toal's protection on merk is enhanced, 50% chance it'll remain for night 3

Day 3:
Town executes b-minus

Night 3:

PA kills Hal
Nep mines IRON

Pmom LOCKS GATE
merk LAYS TRAPS, acquires pelts, gives to Shell
Shell MAKES LEATHER, gives the ARMOR to Hal
DD prays to WISDOM

Toal heals Hal
taste naivestigates Shell
Hal tracks DBD

Humalong SINGS
Maerlyn cooks SOUP

Results:
Hal survives, but only because Shell gave him the armor
Hal tracks DBD, sees DBD praying, is told DBD is town
taste's investigation fails, as Shell made leather

Day 4:
Town executes PA

Night 4:

Nep kills Maerlyn (??????)

Pmom RELEASES SHEEP (rng: Hal)
merk MAKES BAIT
Shell MAKES LEATHER (fails, no pelts)
DD prays to LOVE

Toal heals Taste
taste naivestigates DBD (town)
Hal tracks Taste

Humalong CAROUSES

Day 5:
Town executes Nep

SCUM DEAD
TOWN WINS

ROLE PMS:

SalTheBard - Baronness (scum-aligned)
Your family has been the most powerful family in this town for generations. Your great, great, great grandmother was declared baroness over this stretch of the island, and as a result your family owns the most land - and all of the best. Your ancestors treated everyone beneath them as serfs, but since joining the Imperia, your family has seen its fortunes diminished ever so slightly with each new, slightly-less competent and slightly-too complacent heir. But no longer! Since becoming Materfamilias you've made it your mission to restore your family to glory. However, this new lemon fad complicates things, not the least of which because your lands just happen to have so few of the treasured trees, while the peasants have so many. Luckily, as the original landowner, any time a peasant dies without issue, their property escheats back to you. Which means the only way to ensure your family legacy is to get your hands dirty...
You are a mafioso! You seek to control all the lemon trees in this town, and as such win when scum-aligned players have insurmountable control over the vote. Your team consists of: SalTheBard; PlasticAutomaton; b-minus1; and Nep-nep. The four of you are confirmed to share the same alignment and can communicate freely OOT. You have a collective nightkill that can be performed by any member in lieu of other actions. You may also post and vote freely.
In addition, you are the landed gentry of this town, which gives you special power over everyone. Specifically, you are a rolecop: you may target a player in the game and be told their flavor role title, and what they do at night (if anything).
Good luck!

NOTE:
This is an unusual game in that everyone has a unique flavor role. If you would like to fakeclaim for whatever reason, the following flavor roles are NOT USED in the game, and are safe to claim as a result:
- Tailor
- Carpenter
- Butcher
- Stonemason
- Cobbler
- Shipwright

PlasticAutomaton - Veteran (scum-aligned)
The most popular way for men to become Citizens of the Imperia is military service, and it was a life that suited you quite well. You are not what some might call an active thinker; you appreciated being told where to go, what to do, and how to do it, and as such you made an excellent legionnaire. Once your service was up you were granted not only citizenship but also the benefits of citizenship - a nice home, a boat, a spear, and a handful of starting capital. Fishing the sea was hard but rewarding work, and the satisfaction at the end of the day was enough to sustain you for a long time. However, this recent fad for lemon trees is concerning, if only because your property has no lemon trees on it. Now it feels like all your hard work has been for naught; the lazy, sloppy, and foolish got lucky with a tree on their land, so their future looks bright, while you are doomed to more toil. So when you were approached by SalTheBard to take over the town and monopolize the lemon tree market, you happily agreed.
You are a mafioso! You seek to control all the lemon trees in this town, and as such win when scum-aligned players have insurmountable control over the vote. Your team consists of: SalTheBard; PlasticAutomaton; b-minus1; and Nep-nep. The four of you are confirmed to share the same alignment and can communicate freely OOT. You have a collective nightkill that can be performed by any member in lieu of other actions. You may also post and vote freely.
Additionally, you are a trained soldier, and an expert at killing. If you perform the nightkill, your kills are enhanced - they cannot ordinarily be stopped by doctor protections. Your action could still fail for other reasons, however.
Good luck!

NOTE:
This is an unusual game in that everyone has a unique flavor role. If you would like to fakeclaim for whatever reason, the following flavor roles are NOT USED in the game, and are safe to claim as a result:
- Tailor
- Carpenter
- Butcher
- Stonemason
- Cobbler
- Shipwright

Nep-Nep - Miner (scum-aligned)
Your mother used to say that your family was born of this village, molded from the dirt alongside the rest of the island. You never figured out if she was making a joke or being sincere, but you understand where she was coming from. For as far back as anyone in your family knows you've always lived alongside a hill rich with iron and coal, and for just as long your family has been mining that hill. Your days are likely the same as everyone's who preceded you: you wake up with the sun, eat two hardboiled eggs and a sandwich of pickled fish, and then say goodbye to the sun as you enter the mine. Once your cart is full, generally around sunset, you haul it to the village, trading it for food, tools, and wine. Finally, you head home, ready to start the day anew. But recently this perfect system has been disrupted - there is a demand on the mainland for lemons, and now everyone in the town wants their hands on those golden trees. You don't own any trees - you don't even own the mine, technically - and you're not about to be left behind. So when SalTheBard approached you about capturing all the lemon trees, you were eager to help.
You are also a miner with access to rich veins of coal and iron. And what do miners do, but dig! During the night you may choose to mine either IRON or COAL. You do not know what if any effect these choices may have.
Good luck!

b-minus1 - Farmer (scum-aligned)
You love this town; this place is your home, and the villagers are your family. You are a farmer. You've grown some excellent crops over the years, including the island record for largest pumpkin, but you consider your finest work to be... the work you've put into this community. You notice when someone needs some sunshine, or when they need to be pruned back a bit. You are present for every town meeting, making sure it's as neat and organized as your fields. And every year at harvest time you bask in the reward of your bounty, at the festival, where everyone celebrates the season and also you. This is a perfect life. But this year something has changed. Everyone is obsessed with these sour, inedible fruits, and like a gopher it's tearing apart the entire village from within. The trees are the problem, obviously, and as the best farmer in the village, you've taken it upon yourself to rip out and destroy those weeds yourself. Hopefully you can stop the corruption quickly enough before it causes too many of your fellow villagers to rot...
You are also a farmer! During the night, instead of performing the nightkill, you can tend to your crops. You can choose to plant either CABBAGES or POTATOES, and ensure a fresh harvest by morning. You do not know what if any effect these choices may have.
Good luck!

Pinterest Mom - Shepherd (town-aligned)
Sheep make sense; all they do is stand around, eat, fart, gently caress, and sleep. That's all life is really. The stuff that people think matters so much is just a distraction. You are a shepherd, and you tend to your flock of sheep with your herding dog Rascal. The two of you spend all day minding them, and all night sleeping with them, protecting them from wolves, foxes, or the occasional poacher. They are your life: you mend their wounds when they are hurt, shear away their wool when it gets too warm, and put them down when they are ready. And, though simple creatures, you get a sense that the sheep recognize you as their God and Master, and worship you in their own, sheepy way. The village never really made sense to you, all the hustle and bustle, so you kept to yourself and your sheep, and they respected your privacy in kind. But now they've dragged you into their conflict, and you can't help but be involved. You're not sure about the details - something about trees? - but you're sure about the dynamic. There are wolves in the flock. They must be stopped. If only so you can finally get away from all this drama.
You are a townie! There are those in this village who seek to cause murder and mayhem, and as such you win when all those scum players are eliminated. You have the normal powers of posting and voting freely.
Additionally you are the town shepherd. Normally you'd leave your sheep out during the day, but with your attention distracted by all this nonsense, you've had to keep them in your pasture. During the night must choose to either RELEASE your sheep, letting them graze overnight under Rascal's care, or LOCK the gate, keeping them safe but raising their anxiety. You do not know what if any effect these choices may have.
Good luck!

merk - Trapper (town-aligned)
You are a fan of the mainland expression "work smarter, not harder." Your land includes a large stretch of wood that has within it all manner of interesting creatures - rabbits, foxes, even a family of bears. And rather than spend all day hunting these animals for their meat and fur, you instead lay traps in the morning and see what you've caught by evening. The furs sell for a premium at the weekly market, and during winter everyone in town is wearing coats and hats made from your catches. But recently you've learned that you've actually captured the score of a lifetime - your wood includes a small grove of lemon trees, and after the interest from the mainland, you can probably flip these trees for a queen's ransom. At least, you did, before people started murdering each other. Now you have to trap the foxes in this town, without getting caught yourself!
You are a townie! There are those in this village who seek to cause murder and mayhem, and as such you win when all those scum players are eliminated. You have the normal powers of posting and voting freely.
You are also an expert trapper. During the night you may choose to either LAY TRAPS, or to MAKE BAIT for your traps. You do not know what if any effect these choices may have.
Good luck!

Shellception - Tanner (town-aligned)
Making leather is an awful business. First, there's having to handle dead animals, which can be very gross in and of itself, especially if the carcass has been sitting out for too long. Then there's skinning it, washing it, removing the fur, stretching it, curing it; and of course there's different chemicals at each step which smell to high Heaven and can seriously injure you if you're not careful (or even if you are). Still, it's a job that someone has to do, and as gruesome as it is, you do the job very well. But recently you learned that you might have a chance to escape this life. You have this ritual, see, where every night when you get home you grab this little yellow fruit from a tree growing in your yard. You cut it open and sniff it, and for a few glorious seconds all you can smell is fresh citrus, purifying your mind of all the nonsense you endured during the day. But apparently people on the mainland will pay handsomely for these fruits. All you have to do is get through this violence in one piece and you can be rid of the smell of cured leather forever...
You are also a tanner, and until the conflict is over, you have a job to do. During the night you may choose to either MAKE LEATHER, or to REST. Note that you can only MAKE LEATHER if you have a supply of pelts on hand. You cannot get pelts on your own, but if you do successfully make leather, you can grant a powerful boon onto another player.
Good luck!

Sandwolf - Fueller (town-aligned)
When you were little your parents would argue, a lot. Your father was a liar, and your mother didn't know when to stop, so more than once the town constable had to drag them both before a magistrate. One night, after they were yet again dragged away by the queen's justice, you had had enough. You packed your few possessions, collected all the firewood into the center of the home, and set it alight. You watched the blaze from afar. The flames rose through the night reaching higher than the trees, and every snap and roar was like the dying scream of your old life. The experience left you with a feeling you've been chasing ever since. That was four decades ago in a town far, far away. Today you are a fueller; you make sure everyone in town has what they need to keep warm at night. Mostly you just chop wood, but you also tend to the oil lamps in the town square and the supervise the village bonfire every festival day. Now, there are people in the village who want to kill each other over some lemons. Wouldn't it be interesting to see one of those monsters on fire?
You are also the village fueller! You've stopped cutting down trees for firewood - a bit contentious to be seen killing trees these days - but you do have a shed full of oil and coke saved for the winter, and everyone still needs heat. During the night you can choose to distribute OIL or COKE to the town. You do not know what if any effect these choices may have.
Good luck!

George Kansas bifauxnen - Blacksmith (town-aligned)
You've always been a calm guy. Nothing seems to faze you, nothing seems to get under your skin. You never worried about why you're like that - you just are. It helps with your job a lot; you spend all day in your workshop working with metals that are so hot they glow, and if you didn't give it your absolute attention you would risk seriously hurting yourself. It also helps when you do ancillary blacksmith duties like pulling teeth. Now the village has gone insane and started killing each other over some trees; hopefully you can keep a cool head during these trials and be an iron column on which the scared can lean.
You are also the village blacksmith! During the night you will work in your forge making tools for the village; you can choose to make either a SWORD or a PLOUGH. You do not know what if any effect these choices may have.
Good luck!

Deadbeat Dad - Pilgrim (town-aligned)
In the beginning there were two goddesses: Love and Death. They existed in balance in the Void, each feeding off the other, until their energies intermingled and produced a new goddess: Wisdom. Wisdom then saw the Void, wished there was something more, and from her birthed the World and every tree and plant within it. Then from every plant and tree came forth every animal and creature under the sun, guided by Love and eventually returned by Death back to Wisdom's embrace. This is the beginning of your faith, and communing with the goddesses has been your purpose in life. You travel from town to town, preaching the joy of Love, the peace of Wisdom, and the justice of Death. Now your preaching has brought you to the town that will some day be known as the Lemon Capital of the Imperia. And not a moment too soon; tensions are high, people are scared of what the future might hold, and they're starting to kill each other over it. It's time for you to pray harder than you ever have before.
Additionally, you are a man of faith, a pilgrim traveling the world with good news of divine sanctuary. During the night you may choose to pray to one of the three goddesses: LOVE, DEATH, or WISDOM. You do not know what if any effect this may have.
Good luck!

Toalpaz - Cleric (town-aligned)
To make well that which hurts: this is the first principle of every queen's cleric. You have always been a healer, ever since you were a child and you tried to heal the broken wing of a fallen baby bird. You had only just learned the most basic white magick spells at school, but you managed to mend the wing and bring the bird back to health. To this day the offspring of that sparrow follow you around, as your fine feathered friends. You are the healer for this town, and this is a town that needs some healing. A few people have gone insane with greed, killing innocent people just to steal their trees. Now you need to muster all the magick you have and save these poor souls from themselves.
You are also a trained cleric; during the night you may cast a white magick protection spell on another player, protecting them from harm during the night.
You are a doctor and you are town-aligned.

t a s t e - Constable (town-aligned)
You believe there are two paths one can take in life: the path of order and life, and the path of chaos and death. You've chosen to follow the stars, the heavenly multitude who witness the affairs of men and guard the gates of paradise. Your uniform is like the night sky, and your badge like the glowing moon, piercing the darkness. When someone strays from the path of righteousness you are there to set them straight, with a sword in one hand and a shield in another. Well, it's not so much a sword as a club, and it's not so much a shield as it is a pot lid, but you wield them all the same. Now, in this town there's rarely anything more than a drunken brawl or a rowdy disagreement, so you haven't had much of an opportunity to test your commitment to these ideals. But suddenly things have turned violent, with scoundrels murdering at night. You'll have to use your brain, your heart, and your cudgel to full extent, in order to drive out these demons and bring justice to the fallen.
You are also the town constable, giving you the right to investigate these murders personally. During the night you may target a player in the game; you will be told if they are an innocent TOWNie, or a violent SCUMbo.
You are a cop and you are town-aligned.

Hal Incandenza - Hunter (town-aligned)
There is nothing like the thrill of the hunt. It starts with seeing a sign that an animal was here; some scat, prints in the mud, hunks of fur caught in bent branches. The next step is getting sight of it from a distance through the brush, ideally without letting it know you know it's there. Then you lock an arrow into the drawstring, pull, and release. If you're aim is good - and you have very good aim - it will be wounded, which is when the chase truly begins. When you finally press your knife into its throat, feel warm blood flowing over your hands and down your arms, when you see the light of life finally leave its eyes and what was then creature is now carcass... there is nothing like it. Now there's monsters in the village pretending to be people when really they wish to murder everyone in their way. It's time for the hunt of your life. Surely there will be nothing like it.
Additionally you are a very skilled hunter. You can't use your bow on your enemies - that's a step too far - but you can use the rest of your skills. During the night you may target a player in the game and follow them; you will be told who, if anyone, the player targeted.
You are a tracker and you are town-aligned.

Mr. Humalong - Drunkard (town-aligned)
You remember the first time you got drunk. It was at the harvest festival when you were twenty years old; you had drunk wine before, of course, but only a glass at supper, or occasionally splitting a bottle with your mates. But that Róbfishch you decided to see what it was like getting properly soused. You felt all your anxieties and worries slip away from you, replaced with a comforting numbness. You don't remember most of the night, which was also a delight - you had found a way to skip life's boring bits - but what you did remember was pleasant, with lots of laughter and hugging and dancing around the bonfire and the occasional vomit into a bush. Ever since then something has been different about you, something changed within you. You started getting drunk every night, and sometimes even during the day if work was particularly annoying. Occasionally you wonder what life might be like if you took it all in while sober. But, recently all the sober people in this town have started murdering each other over some trees. Maybe you've made the right choice after all.
You are also the town drunk! Sure, during the day you're a hauler, carrying things to and fro, and sometimes you're a builder, hammering nails and placing stones. But at night you're a lush, and that is how you are known. During the night you may choose to either CAROUSE in the town square, or SING on a street corner. You do not know what if any effect these choices may have.
Good luck!

Maerlyn - Cook (town-aligned)
You like to think that practically every problem in the world could be solved by having the two sides sit down at the same table, share a meal, have a few glasses of beer, and talk it out. And life has yet to prove you wrong, though you find that if the food is particularly good that helps smooth it over more quickly. You run the tavern in the town, making sure everyone has a place at the end of the day to kick up their feet, relax, and enjoy the feeling that comes from a hard day's work in a community of friends. Well, that's how it used to be, anyway. People are going lemon-crazy in this town, and some of them have decided to forgo talk and jump straight to cold-blooded murder. You need to put a stop to this madness as soon as possible the only way you know how: with good food.
Additionally, you are a very skilled cook, and your food is known throughout the village as being the best. Could food save the world? Perhaps, perhaps. During the night you may choose to either bake some fresh BREAD, or get out the stew pot and make a delicious SOUP. You do not know what if any effect these choices may have.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
NOTES:

- Good job town for routing the scum. Shame on the scum throwing in the towel so quickly, but I understand the despair when the town kicked yer butts so well.

- The sheepblocking first appeared in a game I ran in 2008. Love a good callback.

- This setup had a gimmick, I hope you discover what it was.

- I wanted a game with a distinctly different feel to it than other mafia games, one that was more flavor-heavy and roleplay-y. I hope most players enjoyed it. I went into this expecting there would be days longer than 24 hours, so I could have time to rest between writing night results, but mice and men and all that.

- As far as I can tell I only made one mistake in applying the setup; I told Shell she could make a vest the same night she received a pelt, but that wasn't what I had originally intended. I also told shell that her vests were permanently bulletproof, when I should have said "permanently* bulletproof." But in the end neither of these errors seemed to have any effect on the game, so hooray for ecco

- Also, this was ultimately a very complicated setup, and there is a chance some players felt like in practice it was unfairly weighted against them, mods should avoid sour grapes, I am imperfect, there are plenty of valid criticisms, etc. etc. Your feelings are valid, and you can rest assured that if you join another ecco game, it'll also be completely insane but in a different way and maybe a way that'll benefit you this time, just keep rolling the dice, you never know.

If ur still mad, google "pasta bird."

Thanks everyone for playing!

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Shoulda prayed to death

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

set up is neat, still scum seemed weak. It was interesting! thanks for running!

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

nep could have played for another day but once we saw the taste flip I'd have jumped all over him

his claim bugged me and I should have listened to my gut, even though he didn't lie about his claim!

fun game, thanks for running it ecco! sorry ur team got owned, scum.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

gg

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Thanks as always Ecco, great setup, great flavor, Tao Jones will never dethrone the champ

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Good game everyone, I had a lot of fun even though we couldn't accomplish anything. Thanks for running it Ecco, that role PM flavor seems like it'll be interesting to read later when I'm up to it.

One more thing I wanted to reply to

merk posted:

Like out of all the d2 stuff, you bussing a different buddy as Sal is going down is really not something I’d ever suspect from most scum. Good move for late game.

I have a long of history of feeling like early in the game that I am not very persuasive, so self-aware of this I thought it'd be safe to lean on b-minus because I didn't think it would go anywhere. I was a bit concerned as to how I'd have to stand with that opinion later, but I was middle of faking a case on Maerlyn day 3 when I refreshed and saw hal already had us dead to rights

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Should have let me live, I would have been all over Pmom, in my lazy "don't want to actually do work" way.

I didn't suspect Nep at all though, it's too bad they threw in the towel but it seemed like the noose was starting to tighten.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

>_>

Thanks for game

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Hal Insandenza posted:

Thanks as always Ecco, great setup, great flavor, Tao Jones will never dethrone the champ

Agree.

I’m not sure whether scum were underpowered or town played well. Sal was caught on content alone.

For example, I think some of the interconnections could have WIFOMed town into bad decisions, but they didn’t happen.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Yeah, I genuinely read Sal as scum from his posting alone. Binus got caught by bingo, PA I guess has IRL stuff going on and had to bow out, and then it was basically over for Nep.

I don't have the mental wherewithal to try and guess as to whether a different/luckier scum team has an easier go at it, although a different team couldn't do much worse unless we somehow lynched one of them Day 1.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I enjoyed my bite-sized free sample of an Eccogame!

It would be nice to see more games with this kind of CYOA feel to night actions.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

Mr. Humalong posted:

Yeah, I genuinely read Sal as scum from his posting alone. Binus got caught by bingo, PA I guess has IRL stuff going on and had to bow out, and then it was basically over for Nep.

Yes, this. I couldn't read Sal (holy poo poo do I still suck at reading people), but in the end he was caught in a crossfire for unvoting a townie and not voting another townie, which is pretty unfortunate.

Binus was caught, there's nothing that could be done there - that day was so short that I went to sleep N2 and woke up N3, lol.

Plastic I think was not even trying at the end. I always get pinged by him and I have learned to ignore that because he has ended up town in both Stellaris and USSR, but that was so obvious that even I could make a case (and I genuinely didn't remember DbD had done it before, I was like what when he called me out on it, then I came back and yeah I had plagiarized him without even trying). poo poo happens, hope next game will be better!

Nep I genuinely had no idea. Like, no idea at all. She's real good! I was mentally leaning Taste last day, but a) I actually was away almost all day yesterday and b) him saying we should lunch him to get his reads cleared did give me so much pause I did say nothing. I did maths, though, and I came to the conclussion that I was already dead - I could not vest myself (I checked) and there was no other path to victory for scum that didn't end with me in a ditch. I was surprised to wake up alive D5, although I had sprouted up some bullshit D4 to try and make it seem like I was somehow protected (I wasn't). In true Shell fashion, I DID NOT loving REALIZE WE HAD A DOC ALL THE TIME UNTIL TOAL STARTED TAUNTING ME ABOUT NOT HEALING ME :doh:. So I did what I could, which was to use up my last day trying to spin up facts to make whoever was scum surrender. Not that I was much off anyway, but seeing the whole setting now I think Hal was probably not BP any longer, because scum had a guy who could destroy the protection.

The vests being permanent BP were a huge boon for town, tbh I was expecting a poisoner connected to Mae's food (USSR vibes again) but then I came to the mental conclussion that the forge had to be connected to that, forges can make weapons after all. Not that it mattered because NKs happened to hit both of the metalworkers, lol.

I really enjoyed the game overall, but yeah, scumteam might have been a tad underpowered and also had some rotten luck. That was some impressive worldbuilding there, so many moving parts! I am more at home in settings where I can try and guess how they go, I like the puzzle part of it even if it is not really directly conductive to catching scum. This one seemed tailor-made for cooperation from the start, which was the reason I came out with my role so soon (although it didn't matter because the intended recipient did not read that message until D5, lol). I thought we could actually get more interesting poo poo done if people knew that and how they were supposed to connect to other people.

I still have a lot of work to do in learning to read people's tones, it's hard as hell and I am starting to wonder if there is actually a language barrier in place I hadn't thought of. Still not knowing half the people I am playing with does not help. But I think I am making some progress in both fronts, so yay.

See you all next game!

PD. How long has it been since Sandwolf was allowed to live past D2? I think we have shared all games since Soap and that one was the only one he survived to the end. Dude just keeps getting offed at the start.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Shellception posted:

PD. How long has it been since Sandwolf was allowed to live past D2? I think we have shared all games since Soap and that one was the only one he survived to the end. Dude just keeps getting offed at the start.

XD

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I love the idea behind this game Ecco, damned cool. Thanks for the game!

And obviously Shell I’ve hit the twilight of my career where scumteams are terrified of the Sandyman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Great game, was so fun to play with some of you again.