Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

filling up fast

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

confirming that i am vanilla town, at this time.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

t a s t e posted:

Lawyers are just as dumb as everyone else, and often worse

boy, i just asked ecco for legal advice and let me tell you

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Hal Insandenza posted:

I can never decide if D1 setup spec or D4 night action analysis is a worse use of time

I mean they are both fun don't get me wrong

we're probably going to have some game theory stuff eventually but who knows what the choice means rn....

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Maerlyn posted:

I was just looking over posts and see taste ate a probation, but it probably wouldn't affect his posting here anyway

who cares about a 12 hour probe

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Toalpaz posted:

I'm at the farm and phone posting until like this coming Monday. To be honest day 1 is bullshit so do what you will. Nothing immediately stands out as scummy to me this game after reading thru the past days posting.

wrong

Deadbeat Dad posted:

##vote PlasticAutomaton

100% jokes and has not played the game yet, a gut read but also want to hear more from them even if ~nothing~ has really happened, let's make things happen

look at this post, does dbd think PA is scummy or not? he's having it both ways! why

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Scummy enough for me to vote right now because besides feeling weird on 2-3 people, there's not much else to look at it. Potentially not scummy enough later if I feel better about their posting because most of it is gut and I'm sure over the next day there will be more to go on.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Shellception posted:

... are we going to end up picking a lunch over the Mae/Binus fight? Because it's the most interesting thing that's happened today.

No? Why would you think that

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

but it hasn't actually gotten any traction? i'm looking at the votecount and it's not screaming "one of these two people is the dunk"

saying "the dunk is going to be one of these two people right?" in that context, especially without expressing a preference, feels scummy

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

is toal a jester

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

geek is in this game???

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

yeah let's kill him ##vote geek

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Shellception posted:

DBD actually gave both Mae and me a bit of a back-and-forth early, if that's scum play it's at least putting cursory effort in.

? i don't believe this is a real opinion

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

b-minus1 posted:

Not voting dbd

i also don't want to dunk him d1, he plays so rarely

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I don't want to vote GK, there's one post in particular that makes me almost sure he's town, even if he's lurking.
which one

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

oh hm

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Toalpaz posted:

The only chance you have to kill Merk is today. Scum don't nk him anymore. Town don't lunch him. Huge distraction at best, massive liability in truth. I don't think he's that entertaining either.

It's not happening though so :shrug:

I'll dunk geek, nepnep, sal, shell, toal, or b- I think

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

Oh ok so like 1/3rd of the game are your targets?

That's right

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Mr. Humalong posted:

I will not be around for deadline. We should not no lunch.

maybe put your vote on someone?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Maerlyn posted:

##unvote

With what DBD said about GK there could be a grain of truth to it and Pmoms posts have been bugging me... Theres a lot of callouts/telling people they're wrong but feels like they're pretending to scum hunt without actually saying anything worthwhile.

Hal is feeling kinda scummy to me.

I don't like the fast switch and we still have a floating deadline right?

my vibes are impeccable :angel:

floating in the sense that the hammer might not fall exactly at twenty three hundred eastern slash twenty hundred pacific, but we're not going to be talking until three am about this dunk, we still have to get it done tonight

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

good job team

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

Gee I wonder why I felt like we had a floating deadline?

a floating deadline does not mean "there is no deadline" it means "deadline is not exactly at XX:00, it might be XX:13 or whatever". I made that point yesterday!

it's weird that you're trying to absolve yourself of responsibility by saying this?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

##vote sal

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

t a s t e posted:

Yeah it was a dumb joke, apologies, it wasn’t my intent to be unclear

ty for clearing me

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i'm thinking hal might not be a pgo

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

rolecop is fairly alignment-neutral

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

do you mean "it's scummier" or "it's townier"

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i glazed over all the flavour spec earlier because :zzz: but man

you take flavour that's like

EccoRaven posted:

A few suggested this was just an unfortunate accident. After all, Sandwolf was the town Fueller - he tended to the oil lamps around the town, chopped firewood enough to last the winter, and had an entire shed full of extremely combustible material on hand for the town forge. Sure, he had never had an accident before, but when dealing with things designed to burn hot and bright, one accident is all it takes. And yet the villagers couldn't help but think Sandwolf was just the next in what might be a long, grisly line of murders. After all, someone had killed Illandir, and once someone kills once, what's to stop them from killing again?

"he never had any accidents and everyone thinks it's murder made to look like an accident"

and suddenly people started taking that seriously as suicide and eating up a lot of the oxygen of the discussion?

b-minus1 posted:

Interesting flavor text. Seems to suggest that sandwolf could have potentially killed himself. Also “The town gathered in the square, determined, this time, to find the scum and stop them.
” implies there aren’t any 3p

Deadbeat Dad posted:

The flavor/suicide stuff is interesting but I don't want to try to meta that too much without more info. I will say that if it's revealed it was a suicide of sorts, then the original kill was blocked somehow and we can deduce stuff based on that, but only with more information in the coming days

I agree with bif, and I think b- looks bad here

Bifauxnen posted:

I also think this flavour spec to try and imagine Sandwolf's death as a suicide instead of a normal NK is a big distraction, wasn't it binus who started this?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

(i got curious about flavour because i was lolling at Sal getting flavour that's "hey, maybe Hal is a serial killer" and deciding "i copped hal and think he's town")

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

I didn't take it as "Hal is a serial killer". I took it as "Hal has 2 roles A and B"

"a killing role that's good at hunting and has several weapons" certainly *might* be town, but idk why you jump to that immediately unless you know he's not scum

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

Yeah I mean I feel like it's pretty much a foregone conclusion so I'm all about screwing over town on my way out.

We’re gonna be able to tell our kids we were there for the first and only genuine scumslip in the history of mafia

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

EccoRaven posted:

There's no doubt about this one: she was murdered.

My ruling: shade.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Toalpaz posted:

bif was a weird one but i'm relieved. it was a pretty bad scum kill

i expected halbert

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i guess the 4d chess possibility is "baroness doesn't sound like a rolecop, maybe salhal are scumbuds and planned the whole thing to make hal look innocenter"

but i'm not sure the timing on sal's claim works for that, i don't think he was getting dunked when he started that whole thing

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

t a s t e posted:

I don’t really agree with the Sal stuff

also taste, he eventually votes sal but only after sal has given up and done the scumslip

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

ez game
##vote b minus

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Bifauxnen posted:

I also think this flavour spec to try and imagine Sandwolf's death as a suicide instead of a normal NK is a big distraction, wasn't it binus who started this?

Ah, yes, and also trying to judge the number of 3P from a totally generic daystart sentiment, lovely

Current scum list
1. Sal
2. binus
3. Maybe DBD eh

bif might have been a "she knew too much" kill

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Toalpaz posted:

3 confirmed townies if this flip comes out as expected.

Whom

Hal, merk(?),

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

t a s t e posted:

Well, when I do that, I think you’re scum covering for a hosed up kill, so perhaps you’d rather share

It's cute of you to attempt this play

##vote taste