Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Another Ecco game!? I can't pass it up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Looks like we're full, now we wait for Ecco to write the PMs.

See you next month.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

I don't want to be released :colbert:

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

I am here amongst murderous lemon thieves, let's do this:

Mason Plastic
Cop taste
Vig Toal (revenge is a lemon dish best served cold)

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Shellception posted:

Is this a PGO claim? :raise:

Maybe I'm slow (it's early), explain?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Toalpaz posted:

Oh snap, it's those lemon stealing whores!

Dammit I should have posted it first but balked (nice copypasta).

What's up binus??

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Players can kill NPCs?

I honestly don't see how this is possible if there were no targetable actions for Night 0.

Also starting things off with a bang I see.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Shellception posted:

Dead dude was I. Postmodifier. I think it is safe to assume he was modkilled.

Which goes against what binus is saying, and I don't think he'd throw that out there on a whim either unless something happened.

Kinda waiting for more reactions here and people to check in but it's interesting.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

I like for the first time in probably forever binus comes in not by saying "hi" but saying he knows Sand killed someone, and we're all like, shrug?

I'm basically waiting for binus to spit it out unless he's just screwing around (but that seems unlike him).

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

b-minus1 posted:

I mean I literally saw him kill and he already admitted to it so…

If you're really suggesting you caught scum on D1 you're going to have to elaborate.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Elaborate how?

It's either actual Ecco Game poo poo or he's lying to stir some game stuff up, nothing to parse beyond it imo.

It could be actual Ecco Game poo poo but if he's going to come in here and say "I saw Sand kill someone" (not even a player) as his first post he couldn't have literally watched Sand do it since there were no targetable player actions N0 so it's definitely a weird post.

I've played with binus a handful of times lately, it doesn't seem like something he does out the gate.

If he comes back and says he was just loving around then I'm just starting my 2nd Ecco game off strong compared to the first but it doesn't feel like "nothing".

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Mr. Humalong posted:

Time for a QCS thread you sick fucks

Nah Sand saw my play in the last Ecco game, lol. Maybe I'm chasing ghosts :iiam:

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Sandwolf posted:

Issa joke Maer

Alright I'm turning the scumhunter dial down to like 20% for now, I loving hate D1 posting.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

I was just looking over posts and see taste ate a probation, but it probably wouldn't affect his posting here anyway

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

b-minus1 posted:

Got some early pings from Maerlyn and humalong

If you had said "hi" like normal binus this could have all been avoided, instead you had to do something weird in an Ecco game

Why Huma (I ask not expecting an answer)?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Pinterest Mom posted:

who cares about a 12 hour probe

No one, I was being snarky (who would have noticed, taste doesnt post much at first anyway)

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Shell makes sense, I have something similar to the OP but I can't help with pelts. I won't say much more yet since it's so early and no telling how anything works. For all we know there are no "vanilla" roles but like Hal said, D1 setup spec is not helpful right now.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Hal Insandenza posted:

##vote Shellception

My case is that I think this may be a good vote

Hal Insandenza posted:

I will be honest, I expected a lot of people to hop on that one right away, kinda feeling let down here

I was giving a bit of side eye for that vote but it seemed like you were just trying to kick up some dirt. You posted your vote and then 20 mins later kind of waved it away so maybe you were afraid someone would take you seriously? (like DBD somewhat?)

I could see just doing the vote and seeing how people react but the follow up makes you look a little self conscious.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Shellception posted:

This...

This is...

this is my first vote ever...

Ha, I wondered...I almost voted you for the suggestion that you would vig me :cheeky:

The first of many probably :cheers:

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

So far I feel good about DBD and Shell, Pmom giving me little scum pings but nothing to really point at yet.

Pretty much null on everyone else but things are starting to perk up a bit.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

b-minus1 posted:

The lack of d1 posting is strange

Maybe you should start some discussion by sharing your thoughts

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

b-minus1 posted:

I’ve shared my thoughts

That page 4 is full of scum posts?

Last I checked there were a lot of names on that page, you should narrow it down a bit

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Oh and some pings about me and Huma. You're still being pretty vague though

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Shellception posted:

Oh, maybe. Postcounts and "show only posts" things are still hosed in the mobile app.

... are we going to end up picking a lunch over the Mae/Binus fight? Because it's the most interesting thing that's happened today.

If I go over binus we're gonna have words!

Pmom so far is looking scummiest to me but I would also feel bad if they are town and they died early in another Ecco game.

b-minus1 posted:

Well you wouldn’t vote sandwolf with me so that automatically makes me suspicious of you

I would if you seriously said you saw him commit a murder. Since you don't seem to be pushing a case as though it's a real vote why am I suspicious?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Well things are certainly popping off now.

I was going to somewhat side with Toal initially in that most of merks posts so far had just been jokes/poo poo posts except not having a read on anyone (which, fair) and I thought his vote on Toal was a little over the top for what was really not that much of a call out although Toal was being hyperbolic.

I don't know what the gently caress is happening now but if Toal is seriously suggesting merk should be voted out based on a different game that's pretty dumb. Like Sand said, having merk around is a boon.

Also in the back of my mind it feels a bit fake/contrived and they know merk being voted out D1 isn't going to happen so it could just be distancing (I need a discord to put extraneous thoughts in).

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

PlasticAutomaton posted:

I've had a couple of scum pings so far. The first of them being Maerlyn (though to be honest if she rolled scum four times in a row then I half just want to let her win because that's hilarious) for repeatedly loudly failing to understand that "I saw Sandwolf kill an NPC on Night 0" was not remotely serious, especially with how Sandwolf was just casually confessing to it. I know she has played enough to understand joke phase and it's just such a weird thing to be confused about.

Just to clear up a few things I probably wouldn't have taken the bait if it were someone other than binus saying it, it didn't feel like a joke binus makes (someone said something about his play as scum in our last game but because we were scum together I wasn't watching closely, I'm going to have to find that post now).

Also there were N0 actions, no way of knowing yet what transpired there if anything, so I don't think it's completely outside the realm of possibility. Maybe Sand had a N0 action which killed the NPC, like DBD said it's an Ecco game... After the first Ecco game I'm not going to just dismiss things but that also doesn't mean I'd vote Sand today or think he's scum just yet.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Sandwolf posted:

I don't really like any of the people actually acquiring votes. DBD has given me some pings but I haven't played with them in forever so I'm gonna say I'd vote, in this order,

GK then Nep-Nep then Plastic, Sal, and PMom

I'm ok with a GK vote if we can bully him into posting like he said he would

##vote GK

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Pinterest Mom posted:

is toal a jester

Those do feel like Toal opinions (ruled by malice), I think they'd try to look scummier if they were a jester.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Shellception posted:

If that wasn't me, yoy can chalk the comment to me anyway. I spent half of your scumgame defending that Binus was at least playing straight, then he turned out to be scum and I had to eat my words.

He is doing the same now - he's at least paying attention, he's contributing, but a lot of what he's saying still feels a bit... empty. Still, if he actually is feigning interest it'll be apparent soon, and I very much prefer an active Binus, be it town or scum, than one hidden behind monosylabic posts. So I don't feel him for D1, but yeah, big interrogant on my part.

What he said about Sand was a joke, though. I am sure of that.

I thought it might have been you. Binus could have rolled scum again, I do know some of the warning signs I think but there's not enough evidence to say (if he tried to catch me in some dumb bullshit because it worked on me last game I swear to god.........)

If he is town then this little bit here is extra confusing for me:

b-minus1 posted:

Well you wouldn’t vote sandwolf with me so that automatically makes me suspicious of you

If he was joking why am I suspicious for not going along with his joke? Then again it's binus we're talking about :psyduck:

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

I'm glad no one was above making a lemon party reference

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Shell seems like her usual town self, I'm not really sensing any of her opinions are fake here.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Sandwolf posted:

tbf I don’t think we’ve seen Scumception yet

Not yet but I'm ready! :allears:

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Lol why are people voting binus?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

##unvote

With what DBD said about GK there could be a grain of truth to it and Pmoms posts have been bugging me... Theres a lot of callouts/telling people they're wrong but feels like they're pretending to scum hunt without actually saying anything worthwhile.

Hal is feeling kinda scummy to me.

I don't like the fast switch and we still have a floating deadline right?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Meh, probably too little, too late. We'll see if he really was the praying type and go from there.

##vote GK

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Toalpaz posted:

Everything feels very spooky and funky... I'm scared.

Of GK's flip?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

##vote Toal for deadline shenanigans.

I'll be re-reading but my night was uneventful.
I hope Shell got pelted by someone.

Also I'd like to hear merk's thoughts since he refrained from any reads earlier.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

I think/hope that the beef is squashed and doesnt need to be brought up, and thats not why I'm voting Toal.

Toalpaz posted:

Everything feels very spooky and funky... I'm scared.

This is some performative nonsense.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Ok let me play catch up a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

George Kansas posted:

I prayed to God and He told me that this is pmom's scumgame ##vote pmom

DBD suggested this could be a breadcrumb or perhaps a N0 action by GK? It could be nothing but it seems suspicious that the votes on GK didn't come together. If GK is town and this was true it could have turned onto Pmom today which scum would want to not be revealed. I was suspicious of Toal for unvoting but they are right and Sal did it earlier. I don't think it's normal to "have a little fun" where voting is concerned though which is what Toal suggested as their rationale.

b-minus1 posted:

Interesting flavor text. Seems to suggest that sandwolf could have potentially killed himself. Also “The town gathered in the square, determined, this time, to find the scum and stop them.
” implies there aren’t any 3p

I would vote binus for trying to suggest Sand died at his own hand and 3P hunting/speculation.