Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I will come out of semi retirement and play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
hello my old friends

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
##vote merk because it is always destiny when we're in the same game

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Maerlyn posted:

If you're really suggesting you caught scum on D1 you're going to have to elaborate.

Elaborate how?

It's either actual Ecco Game poo poo or he's lying to stir some game stuff up, nothing to parse beyond it imo.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Maerlyn and Shellception are both a bit strange for their "elaborate" comments. It would just be potential flavor stuff which also can't be taken at face value.

Beyond that, you either want to know more about his role or latch onto a case that's easy to jump on since it's the only real game content at the moment.

There just isn't enough reason to vote Sandwolf or lean one way on another on Binus because it's he said/she said even with "elaboration".

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Maerlyn posted:

Alright I'm turning the scumhunter dial down to like 20% for now, I loving hate D1 posting.

Hey, I'm all for D1 content and effort, I just thought there's not much to go on with that and was basically ignoring it... which is why I felt weird about you and Shell trying to glean more out of it since like you said, there is no targetable player actions (although I suppose it wouldn't have been a "player").

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Toalpaz posted:

Easy peasy lemon squeeze.

##vote Merk

A good vote

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Shellception posted:

I am trying to tell that to Mae. I don't think there's anything to be read there.

You're right. Somehow I read your post and it read completely different but maybe sniffing all of this citrus has made my brain all fuzzy.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
##unvote

Shellception posted:

I am still a bit concerned about this. Is this a new way to consume lemons? Am I missing on the new town fad?

Also, if anyone happens to find leather, I apparently can do a very cool thing with it. What is it? Help me be surprised, I have no drat idea!

Leather? Hmm. And just the already cut lemons, sniffing a lemon that isn't cut is less effective!

And yeah, I haven't really got much besides Maerlyn's "elaborate" comment.

Maybe SalTheBard and PlasticAutomaton? Not as scum buddies together, but I can see one of them being scum. Their inside joke phase seemed a little awkward because I remember doing the whole "extended joke banter" with friends when I was scum a lot back in the day just to try to establish early rapport/lightheartedness, but eh.

Then there's like 5-6 people not actively posting much so far.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

EccoRaven posted:

Note that I will be doing the standard "all players who have fewer posts than me" callout at the start of night 1. If you do not want to be shamed, you should post more!

You have too many posts!

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Hal Insandenza posted:

##vote Shellception

My case is that I think this may be a good vote

Voting for one of the only people putting forth effort in scumhunting so far??

Hal a lil sus!

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
##vote PlasticAutomaton

100% jokes and has not played the game yet, a gut read but also want to hear more from them even if ~nothing~ has really happened, let's make things happen

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Pinterest Mom posted:

wrong

look at this post, does dbd think PA is scummy or not? he's having it both ways! why

Scummy enough for me to vote right now because besides feeling weird on 2-3 people, there's not much else to look at it. Potentially not scummy enough later if I feel better about their posting because most of it is gut and I'm sure over the next day there will be more to go on.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I don't want to vote GK, there's one post in particular that makes me almost sure he's town, even if he's lurking.

I would advise to still look at Automaton. Suspects the first three people putting in effort (also has the same sus on Mae as me but then votes me for calling him out??), has an OMGUS vote on me, then gets on a lurker vote.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Pinterest Mom posted:

i also don't want to dunk him d1, he plays so rarely

Thanks man but I'm also town which is another good reason to keep me!!

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I don't think I was hedging earlier on that vote either. It was my best ping at the time with acknowledgement other people could look scummier later because that's how most mafia games are played?? However he's managed to just look scummier with his posts so I'm perfectly ok keeping it there.

I do not want to vote GK, I'll look at some other people if Plastic doesn't get any traction but I advise some of you to look into him

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Ironically, the one where he votes you.... I thought there was a bit of breadcrumb I won't elaborate on but I also could be very wrong about it

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I'll look at Toal for non-personal merk stuff I guess because I don't like the votes on any of the current vote leaders, would still rather vote Plastic.

I am confused about Toal's vote on me because I can't tell if they're referencing that my vote/case was good or if the case against me was good or both lol

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Sal also hasn't made a serious post yet so another person to look at

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Toalpaz posted:

The only chance you have to kill Merk is today. Scum don't nk him anymore. Town don't lunch him. Huge distraction at best, massive liability in truth. I don't think he's that entertaining either.

I have no problem advocating against merk since we butt heads a lot in mafia games but I have a complete null read of him right now

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Toalpaz posted:

He's picking the laziest omgus in the world. Saying that he shitposts 5 billion days in a row, is that really worthy of executing someone over? Isn't it just content lurking so he doesn't have to have opinions on anything.

What do you think about Plastic's OMGUS against me?

PlasticAutomaton posted:

The other scum ping has been Deadbeat Dad, though this feels very OMGUSey. However it's not really suspecting me that gets me. If I don't have multiple people thinking I'm scummy night 1 then I've clearly done something wrong, after all. It's the weird call out for... posting too much in jokephase... when half the game has been missing. But I've also been lurking and not playing the game? What? Plus the fact that he's going 'but oh yeah I could change my vote if you impress me" makes me feel like this isn't remotely sincere and it's not even a gut read, it's just picking a name out of a hat to look like they're contributing. It reminds me of Binus' scum case against me in USSR, actually.

##unvote

##vote: Dad

I think it's bad because he tried to meta a different player against me in a game I've never read and also doesn't understand I'm not voting him because he was posting too much in jokephase, it was like I said, because the hokey jokey stuff/hamming it up stuff is something scum like doing sometimes to establish a rapport, even if it's with an already good friend. A little awkward friendly back and forth with nothing else contributed, even in a game where a lot of people hadn't contributed, is a good enough gut case for me early on because I know that person had at least some time to post some other stuff in that time frame that didn't only consist of that

And, uh, the fact that I didn't change my vote shows I am serious about it. I don't know why several people took issue with the fact that I could change a very early vote if there are better cases later on. Hedging would mean I wouldn't vote for him and merely pointed it out, but I stayed on the vote and am still pushing it

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Asking you in particular because you said plastic town and brought up an OMGUS merk thing so just wanna hear your opinion

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

SalTheBard posted:

I didn't feel like I had a lot of content to go on. I feel like GK is a pretty lazy vote in general. I'm somewhat considering Plas for the reasons that DBD listed, but I've played A LOT of Among Us with Plas. Plas (when they are town) is engaged and I feel like Plas is engaged (especially their last 2 posts). Imposter Plas is lazy and doesn't try to add to the discourse (or they talk over everyone to disguise their own imposterness).

Interesting about Plas. I still don't like his response to me which only helped me feel ever better about the vote which was mostly gut earlier. Although I'd argue a self-described OMGUS and lurker vote isn't that "engaged", but still a higher effort level than others, sure.

SalTheBard posted:

I personally don't think a clear day 1 candidate has emerged, cuddling GK reveals nothing (except maybe we get lucky and hit scum and then see which people objected to the cuddle) or we cuddle PMom who has been providing good quality content for the thread.

How I feel about the current candidates though, yes.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
If I'm wrong about GK breadcrumbing I'd vote him on the case of being a lurker but I'm still not fond of it, unless he has no intention to post.

It really is a crapshoot besides the weird feels I get from a few that apparently isn't enough to garner much support.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Sandwolf posted:

so who do you think we should lunch and why?

I've stated my case already!

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Not Fueller!

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
##vote PlasticAutomaton I'm not getting off of this yet lol

I also think there is lurking scum and they are part of it.

Sal... I don't know. He's right in that he shouldn't be the only one copping heat. I was ~technically around~ to be able to hammer after Maerlyn's vote for a short period but I did not want GK lunched and thought there would be a bit more movement/posting in the last 20 minutes/thought the floating deadline would last a LITTLE longer. I'd like to think I would have hammered if Toal didn't remove but that's up to y'all to believe.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Sandwolf is a bit of a safe kill in that he wasn't really vocally against anybody in a strong sense. Put some doubt on people but wasn't really on the offensive. Not gleaning much from it so I'm still going with my original gut/bad feels with PA.

The flavor/suicide stuff is interesting but I don't want to try to meta that too much without more info. I will say that if it's revealed it was a suicide of sorts, then the original kill was blocked somehow and we can deduce stuff based on that, but only with more information in the coming days

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Toalpaz posted:

So you no executed instead of hammering gk

Almost like you're actively looking to get heat off of you!

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Bifauxnen posted:

Hm you're right that is kinda scummy! I've never really dealt with floating deadlines before but I can not even imagine having a mindset of "oh yay, floating deadline guess there's more time to think it over" instead of "oh god oh gently caress the time could be up at any moment, you assholes are lucky it hasn't happened yet but GET YOUR VOTES IN ALREADY AAAAAAAA"

This post is so bad for multiple reasons, I'm sorry.

1. Read my D1 and see why I thought GK (you) was/are town. You are implying that I'm scummy for not wanting someone who I felt sure was town to be lunched, which yeah okay, sure, of course I agree that getting information is better than a no lunch... BUT YOU REPLACED IN AS THE PERSON WHO WAS AT RISK. If I am scum I have incredible incentive to dwindle numbers and not keep someone around for no reason.

I'd say it's a logical argument from someone who is suspecting me and you being scum together, not from the person who was at risk.

2. Why would I randomly admit to being around at deadline for no other reason than to get heat on myself with no benefit?

It doesn't make sense to me.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Nep-Nep posted:

Oh and dbd is here now, I've been rereading and I think dbd's posting is good but there's one little thing I want to ask about let me get it

Sure!

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Bifauxnen posted:

I also think this flavour spec to try and imagine Sandwolf's death as a suicide instead of a normal NK is a big distraction, wasn't it binus who started this?

Ah, yes, and also trying to judge the number of 3P from a totally generic daystart sentiment, lovely

Current scum list
1. Sal
2. binus
3. Maybe DBD eh

Flavor spec is not bad and it's frustrating that people say it is bad when it's a big part of mafia. Also multiple people have speculated about it before that post.

It's bad when it's used to steer people in a weird direction and mislead people. I'm saying to keep an eye on block/doc claims later on if it was a suicide but not to make any judgments on it now since we don't know.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Toalpaz posted:

By the way, holding the 'maybe I would have voted in the last 10 minutes if Toal didn't unvote' over me is pretty scummy from my perspective. Especially with no other realistic alternative other than a no execute for no reason, considering dbd doesn't actually know GK/bif's alignment if they're town.

Sure, if I'm using it to case that against you, but I'm not. I did it because I'm not going to lie and I felt Sal was getting unfairly beat on because of that.

If anything you're trying to push it towards people who could've done it and not really take any responsibility which is strange for "someone who isn't getting heat"

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Nep-Nep posted:

This was about your vote on shell, I was just curious as I didn't get an active scumhunting impression from shell's posting up to that point. Definitely participating, but I was just wondering what gave you that impression in particular

If you're talking about like a deep dive on Shell's posting up until then, you could be right. I should clarify and say that Maerlyn and Shell were the only two actively not really jokeposting and being more serious about the game and providing some content. Whether or not that is "scumhunting" could definitely be an argument.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Bifauxnen posted:

Yeah that's got nothing to do with anything, I'd have replaced in for absolutely anyone when I saw that Sal thing come up and it made me wish I was in obschat to rant about how scummy it looked. Turns out there was an opportunity to rant in the live game instead! And as for GK being town, that doesn't matter either. Scum got nothing against lunching a townie so it's not the fact he dodged the hammer I was so pinged by. It was Sal's false-sounding excuses he was making after the fact to try and get the heat off himself for being absent.

It doesn't matter who you would've replaced in for, it's who you replaced in for and providing context to the situation that involves me. I don't really care about who you would've replaced in for and that isn't what my issue is about.

You replaced in for a player that I had reasons to think was town. I admitted I could've hammered but didn't. I interject myself for no reason other than to get slammed on by Toal and you. I think if you sit back and look at the actions of what a town vs scum would do, it doesn't lead you to what I did.

Bifauxnen posted:

Scum got nothing against lunching a townie

Hard disagree if you're arguing that scum don't want to dwindle numbers ever. If it's purposely to confuse people later on in the game there are exceptions.

Bifauxnen posted:

I still thought Sal was way scummier than you even after you brought it up, cause he sounds like he's making up excuses after the fact instead of explaining his townie mindset at the time. But you can be promoted to #2 now mate

Glad making good points can promote me to #2!

This is my patented town game. Aggressively go after 1 or 2 people who I have a gut on, get heat on me, have scum jump on me because I'm so wise and lovely, eventually catch them even if I die in the process.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Bifauxnen posted:

Just look at how much DBD is really buckling down to argue with someone he was already sure was town even before they started participating

There was a breadcrumb I went off of, not their actual posting if you're looking for specifics.

Hey, I might be wrong. It was enough for me to have faith in them though. I'm also still not voting you or casing you, just saying how backwards your thinking is.

But hey, keep saying "wrong" and not admitting to flimsy reasoning. At least I'm responding to actual points.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Bifauxnen posted:

Prolly cause he's scumbros with Sal and that pointing out how he also missed deadline was meant to help absolve Sal from being singled out in a "let's all be reasonable here, it could happen to anyone, and other people missed the deadline too" kinda way

Yeah, Sal, my bro, instead of you getting heat let's both get heat instead fuckin' sick scum plays

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Bifauxnen posted:

I only made that "wrong" kinda comment once so far, and I'm diving in responding to actual points as well goin all high-effort-town at the at the drop of a hat here, so man you are sure stretching real far to try and paint this picture here of how you want my points to be perceived! I don't think that's usually a townie thing to do!

And all cause I made some offhand "huh yeah that is kinda scummy!" remark. This has been some great content generation here I tell you what

I have always responded to sus on me no matter how big or small. Just how I roll. I'd rather do that than ignore everything, just my personal style. It's not fun to ignore things and play a passive game--also other people get things from it.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Bifauxnen posted:

Fuckin lol if Sal binus and DBD are all scum and I called em all immediately and DBDs just sitting there all fuming at his "reasonable points" being ignored

I mean, I'm really not fuming. Mostly just pointing out the leaps (in my opinion) you have to make to justify your suspicion or a vote on me and it being met with "lol no" because you have no real response to it. To me, the biggest thing you have is "hmm DBD you seem pretty sensitive and defensive" which is just my default playstyle. I'm chillin', just calling out things I seem as being portrayed in a way that is wrong or takes a lot of different things happening to be right.

I'm playing a straightforward and honest game. Still sus on PA mostly, pointing out flaws in weird logic in other players, admitting I possibly hosed up.

If your response to that garners enough to get actual votes put down on me, more power to you, but if we're being honest, I'm a little offended that you think me tagging in with Sal to both get the poo poo beat out of us would be my strategy as scum after 12+ years of SA forums mafia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Bifauxnen posted:

Thinking you and Sal (and maybe binus) are all scum is more wishful thinking to be fair

Nah, I get that, just saying that scenario would still require me and Sal to both say "Let's not hammer GK AND possibly get ourselves voted out tomorrow because of deadline drama stuff" is still like :captainpop: levels of mafia-ing with no bussing and not confusing anybody in the process.

I have to go eat. Will respond more or look at some other people besides PA but still okay with my vote.