Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

"Hear. Feel. Think."

Two hundred years ago the world of Hydaelyn collapsed into ruin. The Garlean Empire, in a desperate bid to conquer Eorzea once and for all used the devastating weapon the White Rose. The results were catastrophic.

Freezing the Aether of anything exposed to it, the resulting deaths and crop failures lead to riots, the collapse of magitechnology, and the fall of most of the civilizations upon the world as the necessary Aether to support them was locked in a cold stasis.

However, the world continues on, and no tragedy can last forever. As the 8th Umbral Era continues on, people have come together to work and rebuilt. To work to make a better world. In the past two hundred years three new nation states have emerged from the ashes of the old.

Revenants Toll, one of the few bastions of the 7th Astra Era, tirelessly protected by Garland Ironworks, it's people have tirelessly worked for Freedom through Technology, and recently have opened their doors far and wide after the mysterious disappearance of the Crystal Tower.

The Free Nation of Idylshire, founded by the Goblin Slofix Cointoss the city built on the ruins of an abandoned colony only grew in strength and prominence after the 8th Umbral Calamity, a hardy folk already used to eking out an existence in harsh lands, they have only thrived and now much of Dravania is littered with Idylshire settlements.

New Grdania. The 8th Umbral Calamity devastated the Twelveswood, weakening the Elementals that manifested there greatly. Now the Elementals are forced to work directly with mankind. Merging their aether with the leaders of this new city with their main goal being to restore the nature to how it should be.

You are an adventurer. Having left your home to journey to Eorzea, the land where the world is being reborn. But, of course, as you reach this land, a strange power awakens within you...

What is this?
This is a Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition game set in the world of the MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV.* To be exact, it takes place in an alternate timeline where the apoclypse happened and the player character died 200 years ago. So don't worry about not being super familar with the setting or even having played the game before, it's 60% a new setting with the game itself being the setting's backstory. You'll be playing as an adventuerer wandering into Revenants Toll as big plot things start happening.

*4e is an MMO at last.

What's it going to be for?
Discord for voice and Roll 20 to play. Ideally once a week on either a Sunday, Wednesday, or Saturday in the evenings. I'm in the Arizona time zone so that will come into play for if you want to sign up.

Discord Server

So what's the character creation going to be like?

You'll be starting at level 4, with standard magic item and wealth for a character of that level.

Naturally though there are some bonuses to this game

28 Point Buy (6 more points than usual)
Inherent Bonuses
Free Expertise Feat
Free Improved Defenses
Melee Basic Attacks use your highest stat.
Any Superior Weapon has a +3 Proficiency Bonus
All Superior Implements have the Accurate property in addition to whatever property they normally have.

Naturally Eorzea does not have the usual D&D races. As such any "race" you pick can be reskinned to fit FFXIV's world, and in fact let me get a list of the playable races in FFXIV (and two others) so feel free to pick any D&D 4e race that kind of fits what you're going with them as a character.

Hyur are diverse peoples with no central cultural identity. Average in height and build compared to other peoples, they tend to spread out. They are broadly divided into two tribes. The Midlanders who tend to leave in the southern parts of Eorzea, and the Highlanders who tend to inhabit the more mountainous regions.

Miqo'te live more wild lives, appearing similar to Hyur but possessing cat-like ears, fangs, tails, and claws, the tribes follow where the hunt goes. They are divided into Seekers of the Sun, with a patriarical setup where each tribe is headed by a single breeding male, and Keepers of the Moon which is matriarchal and live more nocturnal lives.

Elezen are tall, slender, and with pointed ears. The race that has lived on Eorzea the longest, they are well known for their skils in archery and swordplay There are two distinct tribes of Elezen. The first, the Wildwood Elezen, mostly descend from the remnants of the Holy City of Ishgard, and regard their history of knighthood and dragons with a mixture of reverence and atonement, The Duskwight Elezen, who survived the destruction of Gridania and now are the most populous Elzen tribe in Eorzea, many of of whom are concerned with New Gridania's rise.

Lalafell can perhaps be underestimated by newcomers who had never encountered one. Being short of stature compared to most people. This is done at their own peril as the Lalafell are cunning, strong in magecraft, and have been expert merchants and craftsman since the 6th Astral Era. Once there were two tribes of Lalafell, the Plainsfolk and Dunesfolk, but the distinctions are long gone. It is whispered that amongst the Lalafell of Thanalan the royal family of Ul'Dah still lives, and the Sultana will one day rise to claim her throne again.

Roegadyn hailed from the northern seas and have settled into the coastal lands. The 8th Umbral Calamity destroyed much of the lumber needed to make ships, as such much of the culture surrounding these peoples has faded to legend. Still, the Sea Wolves have been working to bring back the era of great pirate kings and queens again, as the world begins to shrink once more. Meanwhile, the Hellsguard have continued to live lives of developing strength within the harsh volcanic land from which they hail, the world ending hardly changing them at.

Au Ra Hail from Othard to the east. The effects of the 8th Umbral Calamity spread far and wide, and the two former clans of Raen and Xaela have largely faded as the two clans were forced to unite to survive. Few live in Eorzea, so what brings once here?

HrothgarHail from Ilsabard, the former home to the Calamity bringing Garlean Empire. A tribe with mostly men, the rare female Hrothgar is not expected to venture out. With the males of the tribe expected to bring back wealtth and stability to help their tribe survive in this harsh world.

Viera Are an isolated people. Living exclusively within their forests. Any Viera who chooses to leave is cast out, and can never return. In doing so they pick new names to show the world.

Goblins are a clever people, inventive and constantly innovating their technology. Once considered a "beast tribe" (an outdated term) with the rise of Idylshire they are the seen in many places as the face of the New Eorzea. "A Goblin's Face" is a well known idiom for an unknowable mystery. As their sensitive noses inspire them to keep on protective masks around other peoples.

Finally Garleans are few in number, and not popular beside. Many Garlean clans have faced anger and even lynch mobs with them being the face of the Umbral Calamity. With many traveling Garleans hiding their "Third Eye" that rests upon their forehead. However, Revannts Toll is well known for offering safe havens. After all, the famous Cid Garlond and his partner Nero were Garleans as well. It should be noted that Garleans can not use manipulate aether like every other race on Hydaelyn. So if you choose to play one then expect a bit more reskinning to play any non-martial class.

Here's a link to the various races naming conventions
And Hrothgar And Viera

Next up, the Echo, again
But of course you aren't just ordinary people. You have been granted the Echo. A mysterious power said by some to be a gift from the Star herself. The Echo manifests in many forms, with examples such as:

The ability to see people's memories of the past
The power to predict the future.
Being able to sense the souls of living things and follow the trail they leave in the world.

All users of the echo can understand any spoken language.

But you, yes you, get to pick some vague prophetic power for your character to have. Use the examples above as a guideline. This can be talked about and adjusted later.

How long are signups lasting

About a week, then we'll discuss scheduling and set up the discord and continue things from there. Post up your character sheet and basic profile

Dr Pepper fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Sep 30, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

This sounds great, I haven't played 4E in so many years. Are all the classes and feats released over the years kosher? I'll have to look over everything to know what I'll build, but I figure triple-checking doesn't hurt.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Infinite Karma posted:

This sounds great, I haven't played 4E in so many years. Are all the classes and feats released over the years kosher? I'll have to look over everything to know what I'll build, but I figure triple-checking doesn't hurt.

I do not care what you use. There's nothing utterly game breaking in 4e nearly on the level past or later editions.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Ugh God this is so tempting, but I don't know if I have it in my schedule for another live game. I'll see.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Yeah, sure, I'm in. I've played a shitton of 4e over the years, but the last game I was in died a few months back, and I've played just enough XIV to know I don't know poo poo about XIV. My schedule is also almost completely open because plague, except Sunday evenings, PST.

Frydsunn Swygmannsyn, Goliath Archer-Warlord Roegadyn Bard
(Orokos Sheet)

Original image by D.H. Kang
"You're so stars-damned educated, doc. I knew you couldn't be very smart."

Frydsunn has spent his entire adult life on the sea, serving on one ship or another as a... 'freelance privateer.' There's a funny thing about piracy, though. It only pays so long as the people you're robbing have something worth stealing. But if they don't, if the pickings get leaner and leaner while the prey gets meaner and meaner, a man starts to consider a change of career. And if you think about it, adventuring isn't that much different from sailing, is it? The treasure, the excitement, the near-certainty of a sudden and violent death, they're basically the same thing!

So what ragtag group of explorers wouldn't want a man with an unreasonably-large bow to sing a few shanties and remind you to eat some drat produce before your gums rot out of your head?

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Sep 29, 2021

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Extremely interested in this. Sundays are probably the best day for me. I'll probably be throwing a defender together, something Gunbreaker-esque. Just need to reinstall the character builder first.

Rajko Daliborsch, Hrothgar Gunbreaker
Sheet

Cresting the hill, the tawney Hrothgar looked onto the walls of the city that had just come into view. Revenant’s Toll, onetime base of the legendary Scions of the Seventh Dawn and now home to the Garlond Ironworks. It had been too long since he was last here. For many years his clan had helped procure supplies for the Ironworks. It had made sense, afterall, his forefathers had only managed to make it to Eorzea in the final days of the 7th Astral Era thanks to the close connection between the Ironworks and the Bozjan Resistance. Several families had been in Eorzea on behalf of the Resistance looking to set up trade and supply routes when the Black Rose was released. The spreading Calamity had made intercontinental communication much less travel all but impossible. His clan had been one of those families suddenly cut off from their homeland. The people of the Ironworks had always been kind to them, and in return the Hrothgar clans who were now trapped in Eorzea had attempted to repay that kindness wherever they could.

As for Rajko, he loved seeing the city, and not merely because it had long been a beacon of peace and stability in the darkness of an Umbral Era. The city was rich with history, it was one of the few to survive the calamity mostly intact. More than that, these were grounds where the great heroes of the 7th Astral Era once walked. Even since he was a child, he had on occasion experienced visions, memories he knew were not his own, memories of a past before his birth. They had been frightening at first, but they had quickly become more exciting than frightening. They were a window into times and places he had only ever heard of in stories. He had always loved the tales of the heroes of the past age, the men and women who had valiantly fought against the Empire, who had stood up to protect the weak and the vulnerable. He had dreamed of one day trying to follow in their footsteps.

Life hadn’t always been easy, but over time the clans had carved out a niche for themselves. The Ironworks’ grand project meant they were constantly in need of supplies both common and rare. Hrothgar made excellent guards, and the clans developed a lot of expertise in delving into the pre-calamity ruins in search of the remnants the sages of the Ironworks required. Rajko followed in his father’s footsteps, becoming his apprentice. He learned the art of the Gunbreaker at his father’s feet, and his enthusiasm for the study of history and magic made him a natural at delving into old pre-Calamity ruins in search of the items the Ironworks required. When it was time for his father to retire, he received the gunblade that had been in his family since the Resistance days, the same blade he proudly wields to this day.

Now that the Ironworks finished their project, the need for the same level of supplies has dried up, leaving the clans in something of an identity crisis. Many in the clans are shifting to mercenary work protecting caravans as trade slowly began to crop up again or other similar tasks. As for Rajko, he plans to follow in the footsteps of the heroes of old he admires. This world is in need of heroes, and if he can do his part to help protect the weak and restore peace he’ll do so gladly. Moreover, perhaps he might also find out the source of his memories of the past and what has become of the homeland his forefathers had lost.

Valhawk fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Oct 2, 2021

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
I'm willing to at least submit an attempt. Should I make something serious or are you fine with something more memey?

Memes would include references to Greg or Hildy.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I’m very interested in this. I’m Eastern and WFH, but my weekday evenings are typically filled with other nerd commitments. Saturday and Sunday both could work, however.

I’ll toss a character idea up either later tonight or tomorrow.

Izzy
Mar 22, 2010

Gibbering in the void
Extremely interested in this. I'm on PST, and any of the three days are good for me. Off to put a dude together!

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

I'm very down for this. Central, and free on Mon-Thur and Sun after 6pm.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
They're not playable in-game, but would an Ishgardian elezen be okay? I'm free any of those times mentioned, fwiw, and I've got a few ideas I'm gonna mull over for a day or so before submitting.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

DoubleDonut posted:

They're not playable in-game, but would an Ishgardian elezen be okay? I'm free any of those times mentioned, fwiw, and I've got a few ideas I'm gonna mull over for a day or so before submitting.

Ishgardian Elezan are just Wildwood Elezan in Knight cosplay so if you wanna say your Elezan character is decended from Ishgard that's fine

Heck I said in the OP that most of the Wildwood around Eorzea at this timelime are decended from Ishgardians

Dr Pepper fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Sep 29, 2021

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Dr Pepper posted:

Heck I said in the OP that most of the Wildwood around Eorzea at this timelime are decended from Ishgardians

whoops! I can't read, I guess. Thanks, though!

lightrook
Nov 7, 2016

Pin 188

This looks neat! I play FFXIV and I've always wanted to try 4e, so I'll try to see if I'm able to put together a character sheet and a backstory for my Highgal Fighter first before I commit to anything.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Posting my interest! I'm in Pacific Time, and the best day for me would be either Wednesday or Saturday.

It's funny, I was just telling people how much I miss 4e and what a shame it's so hard to find games for it these days. And also, I just resubscribed to FFXIV a few hours ago.

Otherkinsey Scale fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Sep 29, 2021

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Right now I'm looking at a Xaela/Au Ra (Drow) Storm Sorcerer so we have at least one striker, but I'm fighting something fierce with the house rules in the character builder.

I'm pretty free all of the proposed days, and in PST, Wednesday would be my preference for times.

As far as an Echo, here's my proposed one: can see the web of fate weaving between people, showing who they are connected to, and in conflict with (but not the specifics of those connections).

edit: Here's the character!
Chakha, Au Ra (Kapac Dragonborn) Black Mage (Dual Dagger Sorceror)

https://orokos.com/dnd4e/sheets/8438

Adapting to the 8th Astral Era has meant choosing pragmatism over tradition, and Chakha embodies this completely. A wandering confidence-woman, she does what she must to survive, and having few roots or family, her path has taken her far and wide to find work, find food, or simply to find a mark to take advantage of. Not being above a bit of petty crime, Chakha wavers between the easy (and lazy) life of coasting on her previous good fortunes, and an intense wellspring of aggressive ambition. Few know of her talents as a Black Mage - those who have witnessed her in violent altercations and survived are primarily her allies, and they have little reason to spread rumors about Chakha.

Chakha finds herself in Revenant's Toll after a particularly complicated scam found her in possession of a chocobo herd and nobody else to contradict her claim to it, which she promptly liquidated for whatever she could get on short notice. The departure of her longtime professional and romantic partner, Baidu, during her last heist has left her at a crossroads, and she is unsure of how to proceed with her life, and whether she should even consider her recent fortunes good or bad. She figures that the world will send her a message sooner or later, but something has to change, and soon.

Infinite Karma fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Oct 2, 2021

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Oh man its been so long since I got to do 4e, and I was just lamenting it. I gotta think on character, I should have the builder around here somewhere...

If I do come up with something, I'm on your time (minus half the year lol) and either Saturday or Sunday would be best for me.

edit: Ok I dug the builder out and am trying to decide between a pretty standard Lalafel Black Mage (Not certain on which class just yet) or figuring out how to cook up an Au Ra Warden (maybe doing gnoll for the race, trying to think up how to skin the class.)

Tumet Bartu, Gnoll Storm Warden Au Ra Dragoon

(Character Sheet)

"Be still. The beast is nearby, hunting. I can feel it."

The aching of the land was something Tumet could always feel, in the earth, the plants, the mountains. It was in great pain, and struggling to recover, and that feeling pulled at him, drew him out into the wilderness and towards places of pain. Sometimes it was a physical scar marring the earth, remnants of the calamity rendered in great stones hurled from across the world, and other times it was beasts of the forests or plains, driven mad or desperate by the state of the world. The day came that he returned from one such trip, greeted by the sounds of his people in mourning.

A pack of crazed monsters had attacked a foraging party while he was gone and were driven off after a hard fight. A fight that stole their chief, Tumet's father, from the tribe along with his elder brother. By rights he was entitled to the position of khan as the oldest remaining child, but he pulled away from the tribe instead, passing the title on to his uncle in his stead. Withdrawing further into the wilds, hunting for weeks or months at a time and only staying in camp for scant days, even that eventually became too close for him to stand. So he left, receiving a new name from his mother as he departed homelands that were no longer home, and setting course for Eorzea, following the pull of the wounded earth to somewhere he could help.

ShootaBoy fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Sep 30, 2021

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth
Interested, but I don't have much experience with 4e.

Izzy
Mar 22, 2010

Gibbering in the void
Jophrey Lethe, Human Invoker Midlander Thaumaturge

Orokos sheet

"'Tis not just the living that yearn for peace."

Jophrey came into Thal's service many years ago after the deaths of his wife and child. They had been attacked on the road by bandits and left for dead. Jophrey was the only one who recovered from his wounds, recovering with the aid of the healers at the Church of Saint Adama Landama. He'd intended to simply repay his debt to them before going home to put his life back together, but just...never got around to leaving. He'd almost become as much of a feature as the church walls when he suddenly announced his departure from the order. He'd been granted a vision, you see, from Thal himself. He dreamed of lost souls drowning in a vast sea of bone, unable to find their way home. So many of the dead the last Calamity were still trapped in the living world, unable to find rest, and he would give it to them, one soul at a time if he had to.

Izzy fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Oct 2, 2021

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Oh... I'm interested, but off the top of my head I do not think I have everything I'd want to roll up a 4E character... time to ask the 4E thread I guess? In particular I do not have the character builder, which. I am led to believe is not something that can be bought, anymore.

Should add, I'm in Mountain/MST but currently I cannot play on Wednesdays since I close.

AweStriker fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Sep 29, 2021

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Since I have some response to this game

I now have the discord Server we'll be speaking with on

lightrook
Nov 7, 2016

Pin 188

Sam Lightrook, Highlander Warrior

"So, is it rook like the bird, the tower, or the chess piece?"

"Yes."

Sam was never a fan of crowds or confrontation, and the adventuring life offered the welcome promise that both of those could be answered with weapons and not words. A highlander with blood ties to the Far East, born in Thanalan and residing in Idyllshire, Sam's heritage left her an odd duck with strong yet unorthodox opinions on Buckler Stew, so the adventuring community's promise of unconditional camaraderie among relative strangers held an undeniable appeal. As it turned out her childhood spent flipping logs for interesting bugs prepared her well for a life of flipping rubble for interesting junk, of which Idyllshire had an abundance, owing to not only their historically significant location but also to the local goblins' generous definition of "interesting," and the occasional interruption by local bandits, beasts, or other unwelcome baddies still a break from the monotony. At any rate, she arrived at Revenant's Toll on a routine assignment to guard a caravan and clear the road, although her arrival would be anything but.

Orokos sheet

I'm on Pacific time myself, and for now my schedule's pretty open, so most times should be fine.

lightrook fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Sep 30, 2021

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Elezen Thaumaturge, Leonceault Portelaine, "The Dragonblooded" (Drow Sorcerer)

(sheet)

Leonceault Portelaine - please, call him "Leon" - is the third son of a minor Ishgardian noble house. A prodigious mage from an early age, he claims his abilities stem from an ancestor from centuries ago - Ysayle Dangoulain, Lady Iceheart herself! Is any of that really true? No one can say for sure, but Leon's taken to calling himself "The Dragonblooded" all the same.

Denied any significant inheritance due to his birth and Ishgard's rather diminished status in general, he's been spending his time in and around Idyllshire, performing odd jobs when things are going well, running confidence schemes when they aren't and, occasionally, putting himself at risk in a real adventure.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
M'napha Reach, Mi'qote Warrior (Thri-Kreen Barbarian)

Character Sheet

200 years ago, the M Tribe was utterly shattered. The Garleans assaulted them from Castrum Oriens, and then the Calamity closed in. The survivors - among them, many orphaned children - took shelter in Rhalgar's Reach. To this day, mi'qote foundlings still take the name of Reach.

In the old days, M'napha might have been a hunter for her tribe. But there is no tribe now, no wider network of kin. So she became a gladiator, a hired axe, a mercenary restlessly wandering the breadth of the Calamity-ravaged Gyr Abania. Spilling blood on the boiling sands by day, resting in haybales by night. Now, she makes her way to Revenant's Toll, drawn by rumours of fortune and action - and, perhaps, the echo of better times.

Otherkinsey Scale fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Oct 4, 2021

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Celia Darkhart, Highlander DRK (Dragonborn Blackguard|Sorcerer)

"If you want my help, you had better drat well need it."
Character sheet

The life of an adventurer is often seen as dangerous, yet glamorous, work. Trailblazers, slayers of great beasts, and indeed, often standing a step or two above the average person. It's no wonder that many chase the hero status tied to the profession and end up dead or scared off of it from their folly. Those who persist, however, tend to find some kind of meaning and enjoyment in what they do.

Celia Darkhart, born Celia Wynter, is not one of them. The moment she exceeded expectations in an expedition to the frozen wastes due northwest of The Black Shroud, everyone within her community wanted Celia, and Celia specifically, to handle all manner of inane tasks for them. Surely they wouldn't mind, they thought: such matters are mere trifles for someone capable of repelling a behemoth. Day in and day out, Celia would be inundated with requests, and the expectation placed upon them, as well as the simplicity of the tasks themselves, compelled her to accept each.

But one can only fetch mushrooms, retrieve crystal deposits, or escort buffalo so many times in a day, all the while receiving the same simple pat on the back and handful of coin, before it begins to wear upon the soul. Bit by bit, a darkness began to take root in their heart, a festering hatred for these people who chose to badger their hero figure for aid instead of learning self-sufficiency. "Of course" became a delayed "Sure" and then devolved into a silent, begrudging nod. There was good being done, for people who were surely grateful, but these selfsame people had no respect for the time or mental well-being of their benefactor. Something had to give.

The last of their patience frayed, the next person to ask something innocuous of Celia was met with a furious howl and her lashing out at everything in sight, trashing walls, furniture, and spewing magical flames that scorched whatever they touched. Seeing this as some kind of random, uncalled-for outburst, the owner of the locale demanded payment. A heavy pouch of gil was chucked at them with the speed and force of a bullet. That would be the last time Celia Wynter would be seen in Coerthas.

Celia Darkhart, as they now called themselves, began a long trek alone towards Revenant's Toll, hoping to calm themselves and help people who truly need it, rather than the thankless wretches they were previously in the company of, as a self-described "dark knight."

Unknown Quantity fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Oct 1, 2021

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Rahnil'a Kemez, Razorclaw Miqo'te Assault Swordmage Red Mage

(sheet)

Vylbrand had not been safe or comfortable for many years. Many treasures of La Noscea and O'Ghomoro, and lost Nym alike had slipped away beneath the waves, with more being lost by the day. The moment when sea swallowed all, as the Maelstrom long said, was looming.

Some chose to risk life and limb diving for what could be found, and Rahnil'a was one such person - not especially hardy, but well-honed enough to recover much, including old treatises on the aetherial arts (alchemically waterproofed thanks to the foresight of the old Arcanists' Guild, he supposed). Carefully dividing his life between the dives, the hunt, and studying his burgeoning magical talent eventually awakened a desire to see and do something more. One day, the people left around him saw the man simply swim away, hoping to see the mainland, with nothing but a sword, his wits, and the clothes on his back.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Jajafara Vovofara, Dwarf Lalafell Lazer Cleric Angry White Mage

Sheet

The Great War might be over, but there has still been plenty of fighting. Jajafara grew up on the merchant caravans travelling the deserts, plains, mountains and swamps, and saw plenty of fighting. His family traded mostly in food and raw materials, making them a juicy target for bandits, animals, monsters and and everything in between. Of his family, he was the only one with a talent in healing, so the recovery fell to him. Time and time again they were attacked, time and time again his family drove them back, and time and time again he knitted their wounds together. He did it because he had to, but he felt useless, patching up the wounded. Watching them get stabbed, cut, bit, burned, and shocked while he hid, and waited, and helped as best he could.

And then one day his caravan traded 2 carts of copper ore for a load of books, and a crystal. Old books, from an old temple. Books with secrets. And a crystal that let him how to bend the healing light into radiant fire. To trip his enemies, and deflect their blades. Even how to hold onto the light while wearing heavy armor. He learned how to hold all that anger he had and turn it against his enemies. And guarding the caravan became the thing holding him back, instead of propelling him forward.

So he found his family a new healer, and found himself new friends, ones that might lead him to other old books, and old crystals. And more importantly, ones who might be able to hold their own in battle and truly let his abilities shine.

Relentless fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Oct 2, 2021

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Y'raza Tia, Miqo'te Arcanist??? (Tiefling Enchanter Mage)

Orokos

A Miqo'te Arcanist of questionable morality who has devoted the whole of his studies toward altering and controlling minds and perceptions.

Rhjamiz fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Oct 2, 2021

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Yeah holy crap 12 apps that's enough for 2-3 games.

Alas, I am but one GM.

:siren: I will be making decisions on who to more forward with tonight :siren:

Still got a few hours to edit/submit something. And put in the times you'll be available here:

https://www.when2meet.com/?13113585-oEXdJ

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

M'Brace Fortune, Mi'qote Astrologist (lazyishlord)
(I think you're just waiting on me to make picks, so here's my character concept. I'll keep working on the mechanics. Probably a warlord or an invoker, whatever fits best).

"Your horoscope for today is... unfortunate, but happily short-lived."
Orokos with no magic items

Fate is a fickle mistress. None know this better than M'Brace Fortune, or just Brace to his friends, for he has devoted his life to that most fickle of mistresses . He has followed the guidance of the stars and the cards ever since leaving his home. They have led him back and forth across the land like a wind-tossed leaf. Most recently they have brought him to Revenants Toll. The cards predicted a calamity would follow if the Crystal Tower, whatever that is, disappeared. He left at once, to do what he could. The reflection of the Crystal Tower in the stars flickered in and out of existence, leading him towards the city.

Brace arrived in Revenants Toll too late. Too late by at least a year, according to the locals he talked to. The Crystal Tower had disappeared the previous year, while he was still navigating the twists and turns of his many fateful encounters along the way.

Fate is a fickle mistress, and this is not the first time she's shown him her harsh side. A little thing like arriving a year late is really a rather mild setback. At least this time Lady Luck didn't set the house he was sleeping in, his bed, and all his clothes on fire. Brace thanks the gregarious locals for the information and then reads the cards to see where he should go next. "Ah, excellent," he thinks to himself, "assistance, opportunity, and limitless danger are just three blocks East and one block North. How fortunate I am to find all three things so close! The Cards are kind today."

I've got lots of hopefully amusing one-liners in mind about fate, fortune, and tarot card references.

~Gear wishlist~
Guardian's whistle for the movement options
Battle Standards because handing out buffs is fun
Lamp of discerning for the same reason and also because it floats.
Factotum helmet because I am addicted to skills
Harper pin - nice encounter power

LLSix fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Oct 4, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Ok so after a lot of thought I have selected a group to actually play this game. This was a hard and painful choice. The Full Party we have in this Tabletop MMO are

Rajko Daliborsch - by Valhawk
Jophrey Lethe - by Lzzy
Sam Lightrook - by Lightrook
M'napha Reach - by Otherkinsey Scale
Celia Darkhart - by Unknown Quantity
M'Brace Fortune - by LLSix

Ya'll have great submissions and this was painful. If any slots open up later you guys will be first on the list to be called back