Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Sherman needs to rest a few nights on Brady's magical guest room futon that cures personal issues

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

mcmagic posted:

lol that Sanders line is hilarious.

Those 2 carries were in the first half too, so it's not like they didn't have time to dial up a few more designed runs!

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

The first Sanders carry also went for 24 yards

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

DariusLikewise posted:

All this hype over what’s going to be a blowout (Bucs 40 - Pats 5) when the game of the week is staring us all in the face (Rams vs Cardinals)

I'm not saying it'll be the best game, but I think everyone is sleeping on the Broncos/Ravens game this week. It's gonna be bloody, brutal, and badass. Make sure you set up a second screen for it!!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Last time I remember anything about Sherman was him getting roasted by the Chiefs in the Super Bowl but I have no idea if he was being told to single cover Hill or some dumb poo poo that was obviously doomed to fail. What if anything is he still good at?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Last time I remember anything about Sherman was him getting roasted by the Chiefs in the Super Bowl but I have no idea if he was being told to single cover Hill or some dumb poo poo that was obviously doomed to fail. What if anything is he still good at?

He’s been practicing his shoulder hits.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYP6SJyixBo

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Feeling pretty good about the Cowboys odds against Carolina with Horn and CMC out

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

sean10mm posted:

It's true that Belichick wanted Brady instead of nobody, but his offer was such poo poo that he'd have to be a moron to think it would be taken seriously. Which I guess is possible.

1) 1 year deal for below market value instead of a multi year deal with more guaranteed total and per year
2) Play with shitass receivers and get thrown under the bus when the offense sucks, instead of throwing to a bunch of giant fast talented dudes
3) Get treated like a basic bitch as a 43 year old man instead of... not that

Brady basically made it clear he was gone early in 2019 when he asked for a 1 year deal, even if we all wanted to deny it at the time. Belichick tried to please him with some budget veteran receivers and it flopped. The team was hosed on salary cap and why the gently caress would Brady stick around in a poo poo situation? The only receiver he liked was Julian Edelman and he was already a corpse at that point. If Bill had money, he would have made a better offer - but not one as good as he'd get elsewhere, in terms of length, salary and teammates. It was basically an inevitability after the attempt to replace Brady with Jimmy G and then selling out the cap for short term wins - and it worked, the Pats made 3 straight super bowls and won two. Bill has made plenty of bad decisions, but we need to not lump in some of the good or reasonable decisions he made that have had recent/current negative impacts.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

K8.0 posted:

Brady basically made it clear he was gone early in 2019 when he asked for a 1 year deal, even if we all wanted to deny it at the time. Belichick tried to please him with some budget veteran receivers and it flopped. The team was hosed on salary cap and why the gently caress would Brady stick around in a poo poo situation? The only receiver he liked was Julian Edelman and he was already a corpse at that point. If Bill had money, he would have made a better offer - but not one as good as he'd get elsewhere, in terms of length, salary and teammates. It was basically an inevitability after the attempt to replace Brady with Jimmy G and then selling out the cap for short term wins - and it worked, the Pats made 3 straight super bowls and won two. Bill has made plenty of bad decisions, but we need to not lump in some of the good or reasonable decisions he made that have had recent/current negative impacts.

Are you Mike Lombardi?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The problem isn't selling out the cap for Super Bowls, it's half a decade of drafting garbo offense.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

The problem isn't selling out the cap for Super Bowls, it's half a decade of drafting garbo offense.

Yeah this was it more than anything if you take the long view.

By 2019-20 Belichick wasn't able to make a good offer to Brady, but that inability goes back to past draft botches. They aren't in cap trouble if they don't need to overpay FA stopgap types because their drafts were rear end for multiple years in a row. If the roster is better through the draft and they can afford Brady, Brady probably stays and just complains to his friends that Bill is a prick sometimes.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The Pats right now are simply decrepit on both sides of the ball. Also Brady wants blood.

It is my deep hope we get like a 72 - 3 lopsided game and when the Refs ask Brady if it’s enough we hear Brady scream “More!” like that Adam Driver Star Wars meme.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Seems newsy. Not sure how many teams need an ok'ish RB.
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1442889133492473856

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Diva Cupcake posted:

The Patriots honestly

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The Patriots honestly

Lol, no. What good is trading for a RB going to do when he is just gonna get nailed at the line

Any trade they make that isn't for an OL is stupid

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1442889595377500164

I doubt we'll get to know what it was. Heat stroke or something like that maybe?

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Diva Cupcake posted:

fuckers should've come to that conclusion before the Ravens signed like five 30 year old RBs

:pray:

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Psh, I check that poo poo out every time. How else would I know I’m not digesting almonds?

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Mystic Stylez posted:

fuckers should've come to that conclusion before the Ravens signed like five 30 year old RBs

My thoughts exactly

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I too look at my poo, to marvel at its glory and see if I may have underlying health issues. I do not, however, like the Eagles display it for all to see in prime time on TV

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Diva Cupcake posted:

Rams should just continue with the "gently caress our draft picks" approach and get him. Dude has to be better than anyone currently on their roster.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Grittybeard posted:

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1442889595377500164

I doubt we'll get to know what it was. Heat stroke or something like that maybe?

what kind of spirits is he in

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Theoretically could the Rams trade away all their draft picks forever and for a 2040 1st rounder secure a player? Until the end of time?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Gatts posted:

Theoretically could the Rams trade away all their draft picks forever and for a 2040 1st rounder secure a player? Until the end of time?

Only 3 years out. So they could trade 22, 23 and 24 currently. If they had those picks.....

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ehud posted:

some kind of bourbon buttermilk glaze I imagine

Gatts posted:

You can only trade picks 3 years in the future up until draft day where you can do the 4th year.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ehud posted:

I'd imagine they're keeping him off of the Jack Stack for now just in case so he's probably slightly annoyed.

Nov 6, 2002

Nodoze posted:

Lol, no. What good is trading for a RB going to do when he is just gonna get nailed at the line

Any trade they make that isn't for an OL is stupid

The Patriots should trade a million dollars to Dante Scarnecchia.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

https://twitter.com/LateRoundQB/status/1442841674154184710?s=19

Lol Andy Dalton

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ben Roethlisberger having 6 deep pass completions seems odd because I swear every Steelers scoring drive is double digit plays to go 60 yards.

Nov 6, 2002

Kyler Murray should throw deep more. Kliff is an idiot.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Justin Herbert should throw deep more.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Those Murray plays are mostly ones where he's ran around like a maniac for long enough for the defense to completely lose track of the receivers, right?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

sean10mm posted:

Pretty much this. Brace for :patssay: and/or :qq: I guess:

I watched the condensed first half of Sunday's game last night. The Patriots magic is gone. They just had a listless, loser vibe. A really boring, 1 PM contest that felt germane to the rest of the NFL.

Like, the Patriots were bad last year, but they still felt like the Patriots.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

If Michel and Harry were above average for where they were picked, would that really have made a difference? Most of Belichick's picks in the past 5 years have been quite good. The bigger problem is his failure to acquire good receiver talent and to a lesser extent OL.

You can only sign the FAs that are available and the Pats had a lot of money to spend this year, but I think there are already signs that Bill should have spent less on receivers and more on OL and maybe on bringing back Gilmore. It's also easy to make the case that Bill has been lazy about who he's surrounded himself with for some years now and it's starting to really hurt, with the loss of Scarnecchia clearly hurting, McDaniels being questionable, and Patricia being extremely questionable at best. I think Belichick deserves at least as much criticism for those types of things as for bad late 1st draft picks.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Grittybeard posted:

Didn't the team announce that it was related to dehydration?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Zurreco posted:

That’s what I heard either during SNF or on NFL Network later that night.

Nov 6, 2002

Zurreco posted:

His gravy levels were dangerously low.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

K8.0 posted:

If Michel and Harry were above average for where they were picked, would that really have made a difference? Most of Belichick's picks in the past 5 years have been quite good. The bigger problem is his failure to acquire good receiver talent and to a lesser extent OL.

You can only sign the FAs that are available and the Pats had a lot of money to spend this year, but I think there are already signs that Bill should have spent less on receivers and more on OL and maybe on bringing back Gilmore.

The problem is, the oline are all just playing terribly, the line was set outside of RT. Isaiah Wynn was a 1st rounder, who's had injury problems, but been quite good when not, and he's regressed this year. Next to him is Michael Onwenu, who was solidly decent last year as a rookie and has sucked out loud this year. At center is David Andrews a long time vet who's been meh, at RG is Shaq Mason, who's a solidly ++ guard... until this year and at RT, they signed Trent Brown who's been injured (Ask the Raiders about his health), and the backups have been a nightmare.

It's not all on Scarnecchia retiring either, because he retired in January 2020 and the line was fine last year and was basically all these same guys with more injuries, so something's sure up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Poor ol Andy Reid, thought of ribs and died.