Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

wandler20 posted:

I doubt it will be the blowout everyone seems to think. The Bucs are down their #2 and #3 corner and they weren't exactly great to begin with. Couple that with JPP probably missing another game and the pass rush not being able to get to the QB at all this year leads me to believe Mac will probably look decent and have some long drives to keep the game within reason.

The Bucs DL can't be worse than the Jets and they got in Macs face. That isn't to say the Jets DL is bad but it's the worst one they've faced so far.

Their secondary being a dumpster fire helps right now but the Pats won't be able to stop Tampas offense so unless Brady has one of those random 3 int can't get anything going games their inability to cover anyone won't matter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The Patriots honestly

Lol, no. What good is trading for a RB going to do when he is just gonna get nailed at the line

Any trade they make that isn't for an OL is stupid

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

mcmagic posted:

Imagine giving Brandon Bolden major carries and not wanting to trade for Marlon Mack. lol

Because it's re-shuffling the deck chairs. The OL is the problem not the running backs

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Forrest on Fire posted:

It looks like you're trying to establish the run! Can I help you with that?

Jason Garrett: Calls shotgun draw

Jason Garrett: Run Established. I don't need no fancy spread sheets :clint:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Yeah they have been talking about the BOB thing on the radio a bit in between all the other stuff. There was a small debate about whether the team would be better off with BOB and Brady or Bill and Jimmy (or Mac)

I kind of believe it to a degree, but I think it's mostly BOB trying to make himself out to look like a genius retroactively instead of how he actually looks

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Kalli posted:

Brady vs Belichick is such a stupid loving media creation.

Belichick vs Kraft is funny though, yeah let me care about the opinion of a habitually drunk billionaire who doesn't have the wherewithal to avoid getting caught in a rub and tug

Kraft also desperately wants to be seen as a good owner who lets his people do their thing, so Bill accusing him of being a meddler both by getting in the way of doing what needs to be done and setting weak budgets is fantastic

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

This game is either gonna be like a 48-17 whooping or an inexplicable sad Brady game where he is turfing balls and throwing bad INTs. No in between

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

sean10mm posted:

Disclaimer: I have no special talent for predicting NFL games. But I feel like the Patriots are just hosed.

When the Patriots have the ball: Their offensive line has been awful at both run blocking and pass protection, their receivers and tight ends look mediocre to outright bad, and Jones has been Fine For a Rookie but that's all. Tampa's secondary is depleted, but to do anything about it Jones will have to risk certain death only for it to be a 50/50 chance whoever he throws it to tips it to the other team.

When Tampa has the ball: Tampa has Brady, a good offensive line, infinite top 10 receiving talent and solid backs. The Patriots have a surprisingly decent secondary even with Gilmore out, an average pass rush, and a run defense that can be charitably described as "problematic."

Special teams: other than Folk making his field goals, the Pats have had truly lovely special teams out of nowhere. There's no magical advantage here for the Pats anymore, they look bad and dumb.

I don't see how they can do anything but maybe do some weird poo poo on defense that takes Brady a while to figure out, but this team has spent 3 weeks looking dumb as poo poo, if they try anything wacky it's 50/50 they screw it up and [pick a Buc] moonwalks in for a touchdown.

Tampa doesn't have much of a running game and Brady isn't running so they can "safely" run their Nickel defense they use against KC except they don't have to worry about the QB scrambling. If they are gonna hand it off to Fournette cause between the numbers is all mudded up well that's a win

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

sean10mm posted:

This feels like a relic of small sample sizes and having to throw a lot the first 3 games. The exact same roster was fine running the ball last year when they wanted to and the Pats run D is rear end.

They have to throw a lot because their secondary is rear end, but both their backs are under 4 YPC. I'm not scared of 2021 Fournette vs any of the other backs they have had to face this year, especially Kamara. If they do end up running the ball a ton that's fine cause it's better than getting burned by deep shots

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

sean10mm posted:

Random thought, I want Stafford to win a Super Bowl immediately and utterly destroy the idea of QBs naturally staying with their first team.

I want an orgy of good QBs refusing to stay with buffoonish organizations and chasing rings in an endless cycle of chaos where the failures are as amazing as the successes. Fully mercenary QB roulette madhouse!

Brady already did both of those things. Rodgers and Wilson started making a bunch of noise this offseason cause they saw how Tampa just did whatever he told them to do and were like drat, why can't I have that. Watson tried to get out too, but he got outed himself and well..

The QB Chaos Carousel would be a sight to behold, but becoming like the NBA where the players call all the shots is definitely not something the owners want happening

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

How generally long does it take to be back in football shape?

It varies because it's an incredibly painful injury that can be easily re-inured given the nature of the game

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

The Pats are saved, Nkeal Harry is off IR and playing tomorrow

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Eifert Posting posted:

Gronk is gonna be so hosed up when he's old I hope he saves money for the really good drugs.

He lives off his endorsements, he hasn't touched his game money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Play posted:

any bets on what this is about?

I'm going either sexual harassment or tax evasion. Possibly sexual harassment of his tax lawyer while they commit tax fraud for him

I just assumed it was a drug thing