Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

The Management posted:

google wave was stupid and for nerds

it wasn't so much that as the first client was like a perfect example of an MVP - sorta mostly worked unless you were actually using it and then it was super sluggish and threw weird errors all the time and only worked 90% of the time - and so people were like "wow wave sucks"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i remember we had a "post funny tech stuff you remember" thread

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
stand strong against the mega thread dominated future

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
tfw you accidentally click on the cat thread

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

been a wee while

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
is the cat thread the longest running thread on SA yet?

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

President Beep posted:

the thread about cat6 cable

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

echinopsis posted:

stand strong against the mega thread dominated future

agreed.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

echinopsis posted:

been a wee while

same

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

ive scrolled past the cat thread without clocking on it so many times that my brain just filters it out for me, and i forgot its there more than i forgot zynga or wave

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

the thread about cat6 cable

heh. cat6? get with the times, grandpa. we're rolling cat8 now :smuggo:

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

came here to post this

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

heh. cat6? get with the times, grandpa. we're rolling cat8 now :smuggo:

what???

i’m still wrestling with accepting cat6

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i only glanced but I saw both “gold” and “strain” so I can assume it’s about purestrain gold

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i remember graham working at zynga

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i remember being interviewed on the radio about google wave. i predicted it would not catch on. credibility: intact

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Gentle Autist posted:

i remember graham working at zynga

early yospos days those were

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I was inspired

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

echinopsis posted:

purestrain gold

those are called quads

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
your quads maybe

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

sorry about the lovely weed in nz

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

wave was so cool for online ttrpgs

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

wave was good and cool. zynga I frequently confuse with xanga

020124_3
Feb 2, 2024

Somebody fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Feb 2, 2024

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mediaphage posted:

sorry about the lovely weed in nz

prohibition bites but it’s more just the point how people share that info. sure they do it with md too

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
its actually really funny that nz still doesnt have grass legalized. is it like a 'degenerate maoris will steal your daughters after they inject cannabis skunk' thing or whats going on there

like srs i'd expect that to be the first country to legalize cause everybody there lives in a little mushroom house and their breakfast is fairy laughs and some dew out of a cupped leaf

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

President Beep posted:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

President Beep posted:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

the cat when you click the face on the thread accidentally

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Jonny 290 posted:

like srs i'd expect that to be the first country to legalize cause everybody there lives in a little mushroom house and their breakfast is fairy laughs and some dew out of a cupped leaf

never agreed with the pov of a jonnypost more

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jonny 290 posted:

its actually really funny that nz still doesnt have grass legalized. is it like a 'degenerate maoris will steal your daughters after they inject cannabis skunk' thing or whats going on there

coz left wing govts never get poo poo done

there was a referendum about it, but they didn’t ask “should weed be decrim” but more “ok so we have this specific plan to have a weed dispensary on every corner” and blah blah and for most people even if theyre happy with weed being legal they weren’t happy with the proposed plan. and tbh most people simply don’t care enough about weed to care about changing it.

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...
thinking about how google wave had a button what said "new wave" but didn't play Talking Heads

this is the future they stole from us

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

we should port the forums to google wave

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

lol i just pulled up the wikipedia page for google wave and

quote:

During an event in Amsterdam, Netherlands,[15] it became apparent that the 60-strong team that was then working on Wave in Sydney used Joss Whedon-related references to describe, among others, the sandbox version of Wave called Dollhouse after the TV series by Firefly producer Joss Whedon, which was aired on Fox in the US. The development of external extensions was codenamed "Serenity", after the spaceship used in Firefly and Serenity.

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...

fart simpson posted:

lol i just pulled up the wikipedia page for google wave and

guess it's time to cancel google wave

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Visions of Valerie posted:

guess it's time to cancel google wave

i think u mean apache wave

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

echinopsis posted:

coz left wing govts never get poo poo done

there was a referendum about it, but they didn’t ask “should weed be decrim” but more “ok so we have this specific plan to have a weed dispensary on every corner” and blah blah and for most people even if theyre happy with weed being legal they weren’t happy with the proposed plan. and tbh most people simply don’t care enough about weed to care about changing it.

i spoke to multiple boomers who were like ‘yeah i smoke weed sometimes and i buy weed for my kids and weed weed but will still vote against decriminalisation’

people are loving crazy resistant to change even if the evidence for it is clear

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

like chloe’s extremely cogent argument was ‘people, disproportionately māori and pacific islanders, get criminalised for weed early in life and are then hosed, weed being illegal makes it a source of income for organised crime, meanwhile alcohol does far more harm and is an entire industry’, all backed with heaps of evidence but welp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

chloe is right, alcohol is way better