Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
There was one of them, I think they were trying cheese cake, and an old dude was just in absolute bliss with this food. And he says something like "this man brings great honor to himself and his family by making this" and it was just the most pure thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Time Crisis Actor posted:

I recently came across this really wholesome channel called Trybals, which is about rural Pakistani people reacting to stuff. It’s really interesting to hear their perspectives on (mostly) American media and music. Their video about painting along to a Bob Ross video will fill you with joy

https://youtu.be/iX5b5LvbR7Q

The Louis Armstrong one is amazing.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

not caring here posted:

There was one of them, I think they were trying cheese cake, and an old dude was just in absolute bliss with this food. And he says something like "this man brings great honor to himself and his family by making this" and it was just the most pure thing.

Was it Gowron? :v:

Just picked up some painting supplies, about to get back into it after a few months off. I’ve got a bunch of Star Wars models to assemble/paint, including a Bandai X-Wing that a friend gave to me for Christmas :unsmith:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Icon Of Sin posted:

Was it Gowron? :v:

Glory to you...and your House. :stare:

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Second sober New Years. I'll take it.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Congratulations, proud of you and this accomplished

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Back to volunteering at my local aquarium, made a new friend today :unsmith:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Their reactions to Metallica are pretty hilarious too

https://youtu.be/L9BpQ05Kt_k

"Why is that woman playing without clothes on?"

- "Which woman are you talking about?"

"The one on the drums"

:lol:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I recently came across this really wholesome channel called Trybals, which is about rural Pakistani people reacting to stuff. It’s really interesting to hear their perspectives on (mostly) American media and music. Their video about painting along to a Bob Ross video will fill you with joy

https://youtu.be/iX5b5LvbR7Q

Their reactions to Metallica are pretty hilarious too

https://youtu.be/L9BpQ05Kt_k

Having a really rough time of it today, but this, this is helping a lot right now. :3:

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Fully moved into our new house, google appliances installed, and things are put away.

First real house I ever owned, and it's been 7 years since I rented a house (last 3 years have been in a barn apartment)

Life is good.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
gently caress landlords yeah! Congratulations and enjoy your new hobby of trying to beat your best time going to Lowe's three times in one day.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Soul Dentist posted:

gently caress landlords yeah! Congratulations and enjoy your new hobby of trying to beat your best time going to Lowe's three times in one day.

I am a home Depot guy (only due to location) and four times in one day is my max.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Nice and hot piss posted:

I am a home Depot guy (only due to location) and four times in one day is my max.

You say that now.....

Congrats on a future pile of projects "I'm totally going to do ... I promise..."!

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
I fell down the Trybals rabbit hole.

Reacting to Rammstein Du Haust

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAb26NkUz2c

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

We had a bitchin sunset tonight, MY GIRLFRIEND is spending the weekend away with me, and I love my dog.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

We had a bitchin sunset tonight, MY GIRLFRIEND is spending the weekend away with me, and I love my dog.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

I spent the entire day with my boys yesterday. We went for tons of walks and they got a special treat of getting to share a turkey cheeseburger and sweet potato fries, and when my wife got home after spending the day with friends, we all curled up on the couch and snuggled up while watching the Book of Boba Fett. Aside from how it was like 10 degrees all day, I couldn’t have asked for a better Saturday.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

pantslesswithwolves posted:

I spent the entire day with my boys yesterday. We went for tons of walks and they got a special treat of getting to share a turkey cheeseburger and sweet potato fries, and when my wife got home after spending the day with friends, we all curled up on the couch and snuggled up while watching the Book of Boba Fett. Aside from how it was like 10 degrees all day, I couldn’t have asked for a better Saturday.

Some very good boys :3:

Spent the day watching football with my friends yesterday. One of them is a Bengal's fan who has known nothing but misery and "oh god my team is terrible", so it's been really fun these past few weeks watching him be all happy that his team is playing incredibly well and exceeding all expectations.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Had lunch today with a friend I haven’t seen in years, after being on the beach this morning and catching a pelican crossing the sun reflecting off the ocean. The pelican pic would’ve been a decent start, but catching up with a friend beyond that left me glowing for a bit :unsmith:

Pellie-friend in the rising sun:

e: ZOOM/ENHANCE!

Icon Of Sin fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Feb 1, 2022

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

No pics, but I got fishies! A male and female betta in a split tank.

My wife let me act like a loving toddler in the pet store after I couldn't decide on one fish

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

I’ve been having a hell of a time at work lately. Crappy management who will stop at nothing to climb over anyone else to make themselves look good, my boss missed the opportunity to correct the record on a major issue which meant my coworker and I got majorly snubbed in terms of being recognized for work we did in helping get dozens of Afghans out of Kabul back in August and I’m facing the end of my contract in a few months and the job interviews I’ve had have amounted to nothing so far. But at the end of the day, I’m healthy, happily married, with two dogs who mean the world to me, and have the satisfaction of knowing that I helped get over 70 people to safety. And no matter how lovely my bosses are or how disappointing my last months on the job are shaping up to be, at least I’ll be able to walk out with my head high and know that I did more than any of the people who are pissing me off right now.

Guess that’s not 100% positive vibes only but it’s what’s keeping me going right now. gently caress the bosses, do the right thing because it’s the right thing to do.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

You are a good man, and no one can take that from you.

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk

pantslesswithwolves posted:

I’ve been having a hell of a time at Place I am about to leave behind anyways lately. Insignificant people who have made done so little good in the world that they need to steal the accolades of others, are doing so for work we did in helping get dozens of Afghans out of Kabul back in August and I’m a few months away from ever having to speak to said insignificant people and the job interviews I’ve had have amounted to me avoiding several groups of equally worthless people. But at the end of the day, I’m healthy, happily married, with two dogs who mean the world to me, and have the satisfaction of knowing that I helped get over 70 people to safety. And no matter how lovely my bosses are or how disappointing my last months on the job are shaping up to be, at least I’ll be able to walk out with my head high and know that I did more than any of the people who are pissing me off right now.

Guess that’s not 100% positive vibes only but it’s what’s keeping me going right now. gently caress the bosses, do the right thing because it’s the right thing to do.

You'll be fine my friend. 70 people have their whole lives in front of them because of work you did during a single month.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

Jaguars! posted:

A funny thing happened a few months ago. I emptied out a box and found a printout of a forums post with a surprisingly familiar username on it. It was a post on cooking your first roast chicken that you wrote in that E/N thread about a stupendously incapable couple many years ago. My cooking has always been very bad but I did follow the instructions and dined on very acceptable chicken for the rest of the week. I don't think I posted about it at the time, so here's a very belated thanks for helping a random stranger stop being a manbaby :)

Hey! I haven't been on the forums much lately but I just wanted to check back in and say thanks! Out of all of the foodposting I've done, that roast chicken in E/N has gotten the most traction and has helped a lot of people break into "serious" cooking when they realize just how easy it can be. I hope you keep cooking, and always feel free to ask for help and tips, either in my PMs or in GWS.

Also thanks to whoever (too lazy to scroll) posted that Bob Ross video a couple pages back- that is the wholesomest thing I've seen in a long time.

In good vibes but slightly scary news, Terrible Robot and I are starting the process of looking into buying a home. Gonna try and find a place for our cats and project cars and cooking projects near his family a little bit further north. It might not be feasible right away, but we're taking our first baby steps towards making our CatRanch a reality.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
New Trybals video with more painting!

https://youtu.be/OC47MKkIU0w

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Lol I lost it when he said "beat the devil out of it" and the gentleman explained that his Ushad wanted him to remove the devils that keep entering the paint brush "like so."

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Last Friday my wife had PRK done. Leading up to this she was legally blind without corrective lenses.

After years of hearing her wanting to do it, but being overly anxious for one reason or another and backing out, she got it done.

Everything finally fell into place, positive encouragement, finances/insurance help, stable prescription, and motivation to do it. I played "nurse" for the past few days making sure she was comfortable, took meds, had cats to snuggle with, etc.

Today she just left the house to drive herself to her follow up appointment without any corrective lenses. The other day she woke up and casually read the thermostat from across the room, before she wouldn't have been able to even see that there was a thermostat. For the first time in her life, she was able to wake up and see things.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
I can't contribute much, but here's a link to the best thing I can think of: https://www.military.com/undertheradar/2018/04/11/veterans-can-now-wrap-themselves-their-own-dd-214-blankets.html

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

ASAPI posted:

Last Friday my wife had PRK done. Leading up to this she was legally blind without corrective lenses.

After years of hearing her wanting to do it, but being overly anxious for one reason or another and backing out, she got it done.

Everything finally fell into place, positive encouragement, finances/insurance help, stable prescription, and motivation to do it. I played "nurse" for the past few days making sure she was comfortable, took meds, had cats to snuggle with, etc.

Today she just left the house to drive herself to her follow up appointment without any corrective lenses. The other day she woke up and casually read the thermostat from across the room, before she wouldn't have been able to even see that there was a thermostat. For the first time in her life, she was able to wake up and see things.

This was a boost I needed today.❤

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

bulletsponge13 posted:

This was a boost I needed today.❤

Happy to help. I'm just so excited for her. I like hearing the latest bout of amazement when she notices things.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

ASAPI posted:

Happy to help. I'm just so excited for her. I like hearing the latest bout of amazement when she notices things.

Please share those weird little joys! We take things for granted until they are pointed out. It's part of the reason kids are awesome.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

bulletsponge13 posted:

Please share those weird little joys! We take things for granted until they are pointed out. It's part of the reason kids are awesome.

She always claimed that one of the cats didn't like her enough. She didn't believe me that the cat waits for her to wake up every morning and gives off the classic "happy cat" motions (squinting, bobbing the head towards her). Yesterday morning when she woke up, she finally saw it. She cried, "because it was soooo cute."

Today she was concerned about her follow up because of her slightly "hazy" vision. Turns out he bandage contact they use had a mild prescription on it. When they removed it she said everything was so clear that she cried tears of enjoyment.

Getting this done has to of been one of the most nerve wracking things she has ever done. She has some anxiety issues, I was afraid that this might have been too much to handle. I've never seen her display such determination and sheer will to do something.

I'm just so proud/happy/excited for her.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I wish I could give y'all both a hug.
I'm so happy for her!

❤❤❤

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

This owns, you both own, and thank you for sharing.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

That’s excellent news glad it went great

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

This owns, you both own, and thank you for sharing.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

So, 6 1/2 years in...

My debt to the IRD is finally gone. you can see it there - zero balance remaining.

Pay your taxes, kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

That must be a massive weight off of your shoulders. Happy you get to relax some!