Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

I got married 2 weeks ago after the plague made us cancel twice, we went up to Lake Windemere in the UK and had a wonderful couple of days with just four of our nearest and dearest.

And the dogs.

Now the important bit. Henry the dog, who loves water but wouldn't actually swim took the plunge and went off the deep end! :dadjoke:
He discovered that he likes swimming and actually getting out the water to come take wedding pictures is what he doesn't like. I would post some pictures but it's basically a dogs head disappearing into the distance on all of them. He also managed to climb up onto an Island and then find he couldn't climb back in the water, so that was fun! Luckily he was about 10m from shore in knee deep water but was hilarious [for us on shore] watching my new stepson go out and get him off there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

My mother in law has terminal cancer. She elected not to have chemo as she wanted some quality of life before she succumbed, but she was given a fairly new antibody treatment instead. She went for a cat scan 6 weeks ago to see how the disease had spread and to give her some idea of how long she had left and got the results yesterday.

It hadn't spread one single iota.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Second sober New Years. I'll take it.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

After 44 years working on the tools I have finally laid them down and have a new job. Teaching apprentices how to use tools. :smugdog: