Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

ASAPI posted:

HA! I also have acquired a Banjo Ukulele!

I mentioned that it might be fun to learn the banjo, but didn't want to spend money on a new instrument (I get squirrely when spending multiple hundreds of dollars). In June I received a tiny banjo in the mail. Turns out you are NOT able to play it like a normal banjo.

I want a banjo-uke, they look very fun.

I have taken up banjo multiple times over the last 20 years, it's super fun and relatively easy to learn, especially if you have little baby hands, the neck is a lot thinner than most guitars it seems. If you are still looking, try to find a used Deering Goodtime, you should be able to find one for like 200 or so, depending on how fancy it is. Or maybe look for an early 2000's Fender, they are/were rebadged Chinese instruments, but the quality is pretty decent and you can probably grab one for under $100 if you are patient.

I might need to dig mine out of the closet and start paying again when my hand is healed up. Thanks for the inspiration thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I love Halloween, took the kids out, and got to chat with the neighbors and watch all the little ones have a good time. Now I'm watching football and handing out candy.
We used to have a neighbor that would fry up donuts, and this year we had a bunch handing out beers. I want to do something like that next year, like make tacos or get a hotdog steamer set up on the driveway or something.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

ASAPI posted:

I wonder if the texture gets all crazy with that shape. Definitely have to look out for it now to try.

Also, Congrats on a happy life!

Dan Pashman is a national treasure.
I keep meaning to order some of his noodles, I feel like they would complement my marinara, but they always seem too be sold out when I remember to check.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

TheWeedNumber posted:

I’m past two weeks on quitting weed and about a week on tobacco. I’ll take the small victories where I can.

That first week off tobacco is the worst, congrats on holding out buddy!

bengy81
May 8, 2010
So I don't love to put a ton about myself out on the internet, or brag for that matter, but I finally scored a pretty big promotion that I've been angling for recently, and since I don't have IRL friends, I'll tell you guys about it. The job comes with a 12 dollar/hr raise, a fancy job title, and a move across the country, with moving expenses paid for. I'm pretty pumped, as my line of work has been a nightmare through COVID, and I had been thinking about taking a pay cut and swapping to a less stressful job.
I'm super pumped and I'll probably be bugging the civ thread about PM certs in the next few weeks.