Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

I saved the life of a groundhog the other day. It was blindly bumbling around outside the place I work at with a soup can stuck over its head, I managed to get a hold of it and wrench the can off. Someone had just thrown it away and the groundhog had probably shoved its head into the can looking for food and gotten its head stuck because garbage people can't throw their garbage into garbage cans.

The groundhog seemed weirdly calm while I was trying to get the can off, probably because it couldn't actually see me. Once I got the can off it shot away like a missile through. I hope the little fellow is still ok. Pretty sure that if I hadn't gotten that can off its head it had probably wandered off to one of the nearby fenced off ditches where no one could find it and died of dehydration or starvation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

I'm just glad I found it. Afterwards I punched in for a regular semi-dreary shift at work but I knew that no matter how crap my day would be I would still feel good about saving my groundhog bro :)

Also groundhog fur is frickin' coarse.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

:3:

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Icon Of Sin posted:

It feels good to finally play some board games again :unsmith:

I finally got to try a few games of the Aliens board game (Another Glorious Day in the Corps) with a friend, and put my painted models to use.

Of course, we got overrun because we didnít work fast enough, and Newt ran away from the marines into the far corner of the board as a xeno hoard was closing in :laffo:

Ripley had already been lost, tunnels were appearing near our characters, there were more blips on the motion tracker (plus the xenos that we could actually see, pictured above)Öit was a gloriously brutal mess. Each alien you see in the pic is on a stack, so thereís at least 2 aliens on every tile (and up to 5).

Of course, Newt remained unrescued as the marines got their brain-meat sampled and Bishop got torn apart :haw:

That's awesome, I miss painting miniatures.

In what now feels like a previous life (early 2000's) I used to be a bum who spent way too much time painting Warhammer 40k. I had a ton of paints and brushes and varnishes and miniature bits and bobs. I wasn't particularly interested in the game part of the hobby, but I found painting to be a very zen experience. Did a squad of Blood Angels Terminators and a Dreadnaught that I was particularly proud of, all kitted out with expensive custom bits from Forge World. They ended up being put on display in a glass cabinet at a local toy store together with various bits and bobs from other local 40k nerds.

I even had them professionally photographed, though the hard drive on which I had the photos on have now long since returned to dust, and so has the website I had uploaded the photos to. I suspect the toy store is long gone too. I sometimes wonder what happened to them.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caIQBp-6OL4

I've made this recipe a handful of times now and can confirm that it yields 100% awesome bolognese. The only tweak I made was that I added like half a teaspoon of Better Than Bullion roast beef base right before I set it to simmer for like 3 hours, just to amp up the beefiness. Radiatori pasta truly is the ultimate meat sauce delivery vehicle.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

The Eyes Have It posted:

Beatrice looks awesome. Good for you!

I made perogies, cabbage, sassage and onions (using up a few things from my garden now that frost is happening.) Served with dill + lemon sour cream.

I sous vide the sassages & freeze them whole for easy use later. The slow cooking from sous vide means they are practically fall-apart tender, and just need a bit of browning.

I've been thinking about investing in one of those sous vide warm water circulation pump things, which one are you using?

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Jimmy Smuts posted:

Nice watch, and nice cat! He (she?) looks soo cuddly

Thanks! And yes he is very spoiled.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Time Crisis Actor posted:

I recently came across this really wholesome channel called Trybals, which is about rural Pakistani people reacting to stuff. Itís really interesting to hear their perspectives on (mostly) American media and music. Their video about painting along to a Bob Ross video will fill you with joy

https://youtu.be/iX5b5LvbR7Q

The Louis Armstrong one is amazing.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

The great French Onion Soup experiment: success.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

I'm usually extremely skeptical about flavored coffee, but this stuff is amazing.

w