Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

To be fair, gently caress the Salvation Army*

*Please leave bell ringers alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Haven't heard "bacchanal" used in that way for more than a decade.
🇹🇹🇹🇹🇹🇹

Also, is this a read? I think this counts as a read.

EDIT: Whoops, we've moved on. Well at least this was posted sometime today.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Black Sabas posted:

every other day, that is four 9/11s A WEEK.

Week 1 - Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
Week 2 - Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday.

Eight 9/11s IN 2 WEEKS

In your terms,

8x in 2 weeks = 4 times a week, genius.

God, this hit my memory center like ASMR.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Is this last photo real? Jokes aside, this guy's not making it to 2024 right?

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Literally had to "yeah, that part" to someone who threw her a life raft because she just can't publicly disagree with their husband:

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Recognizing the inherent misogyny of Western beauty ideals--once you get out of the core of Fox News Anchors and former press secretaries, it's astonishing how easy it is to identify women whose hateful politics have scared off all the gays and creatives in the world of celebrity hair and makeup.

Can someone post that photo of Megan McCain? You know the one.

EDIT: And wardrobe, but I know there are some chuddy designers of note.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

BrigadierSensible posted:

This is the thing.

These truckers aren't converting anyone to their "cause". They aren't gaining hearts, minds, or even making any sort of convincing argument. They are pissing off everyone, and being laughed at by those that they aren't actually angering.

And if there was a centrist, fence sitter who was maybe flirting with thinking about becoming an anti-vaxxer, well now this person equates being an anti-vaxxer with being one of the annoying fuckwits in this truck blockade and will not want to be anything associated with them.

They are actively hurting their cause. Publicly.

This can also be said for the American CHUDs as well as the arseholes who still march down the Melbourne CBD against "lockdowns" even though we have been out of lockdown for months and months and more than 90% of eligible folks are double vaccinated.

Isn't this the argument that gets raised against most any public protest/demonstration though?

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

I mean, do you see any cannisters in that photo?

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Xenocides posted:

I think they were imagining they were being clever hiding their naughty N-word saying. That they used the plural suggests to me it is not an actual jogger.

Plus I have seen chuds and I have a hard time imagining that they jog in any appreciable numbers. Probably doesn’t matter. I can despise them either way.

It's a reference to Ahmaud Arbery. It's the N-word.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

:same:

He said it was time for him to retire and that the city’s government is in a new era. “My role as a change agent is complete,” he wrote.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Steadiman posted:

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1501323513227010049
The people we need to meet halfway and have open and honest debate with, enjoy

Good news for Trump is that soon Russian commercial planes are gonna be super cheap!

I'm sorry. I know this is from pages ago, but is she wearing actual "deal with it" shades? I thought it was a filter for the first few seconds.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Bogus Adventure posted:

Do your best, goons

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Stoatbringer posted:

Has Jackson said "What the gently caress has all this bullshit got to do with anything?" yet?

Fortunately, she doesn't have to happen. Machin votes for judges, and not even Sinema is dumb enough to torpedo a Supreme Court Justice in the name of bipartisanship. They have enough votes unless something comes up, and what's come up suggests they've got nothing.

Hell, Tim Scott may have to vote for her.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
My man literally has a screaming Trump at eye level for any poor soul who chooses to give him oral sex. Seems like he's not really planning for that scenario.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

ephex posted:

Living in such a culturally lost country that allows and normalises bonkers poo poo like this is absolutely unfathomable to me lol

To be fair, these are Moonies. It's already a literal cult, this is just another aspect of their madness.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

SalTheBard posted:

It's more like Democrats are helping the very Trumpy, very unlikeable conservatives win their primaries so that they IN THEORY have an easier time winning but it's incredibly concerning to me if they summerhouse managed to win

Kinzinger was complaining about it (like Republicans don't do the same poo poo)

Nope, Blackface Carlsonite is a Democrat challenging the progressive in the primary. This isn't a "help the whackjob win the GOP primary so we have a better shot in the general" situation.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Strong Sauce posted:

can someone who can hear things where they drop the bitrate and simulate the speaker directly eating the lav mic while talking please tell me what's being said. i think new york times marijuana jesus?

Basically, he says that the (Phoenix?) New Times is going to come for her about something or other. She then says (basically) gently caress them, it's just a bunch of 20 year olds and the paper is a rag made to sell marijuana.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Fox News Daytime looks like it's starting to turn:

e:f;b

The Modern Leper fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Aug 31, 2022

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/1565731351617277957

I would normally say "cowards," but there is much more malice behind it in this case.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Grape posted:

This heavily comes across like he's trying to pick up twinks.

Big "safe for work" profile pic energy.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

:wtf: would a 15-minute physical even look like?!

“Oh, wow, this is concerning me. Might be cancerous! Oh well, see ya’. Next!”

Dr. Oz is a terrible person and candidate, but 15 minutes is actually pretty standard in the United States. You may spend more time with the technician for your blood pressure or lab samples, but most exam visits last less than 20 minutes.

https://www.healio.com/news/primary-care/20210121/average-primary-care-exam-lasts-less-than-20-minutes

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Outrail posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/PreotescuR/status/1568919261011230721

Can anyone parse this? It reads like brain mush to me but I know there's a point in there.

I THINK they're saying that the left's focus on "culture war" issues like pronouns don't help the cause of liberation, which... whatever.

I do think both sides (BOTH SIDES!!) spend too much national time on the outrage cycle of individual outrages (whether it be some jagoff writing racial slurs on a college student's door, or some library in a liberal enclave meeting their audience's tastes with a drag storytime), but the "culture war" over pronouns has a direct and legitimate impact on the literal lives of the trans, NB, and gender nonconforming, including those prisoners this person pretends to care about (not recognizing pronouns in prison assignments is a real good way to get someone killed or assaulted, or to create a personal mental health crisis that can have broader implications on individual and collective prisoner safety).

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

:stare:

https://www.presidentialpetmuseum.com/blog/george-washington-dogs/

Yeah, gently caress that guy. Not just owning slaves, but hanging their dogs, too. :piss:

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Ghostlight posted:

this is not your opportunity to reinforce damaging stereotypes about what a man or a woman looks like.

it's the one for reinforcing damaging stereotypes about what sort of person wears a bowtie.

"It's the truth that you should never trust anybody who wears a bow tie. Cravat's supposed to point down to accentuate the genitals. Why'd you wanna trust somebody whose tie points out to accentuate his ears?"

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Seth Pecksniff posted:

holy poo poo this letter that Trump sent to the Jan. 6 committee is BONKERS even for him!

https://cdn.nucleusfiles.com/27/27b...123&_nhids=TEST

It's the smallest thing, but he doesn't close the double parentheses in the first paragraph, so the whole letter reads like a madeleine induced reverie/fever dream.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

If this was before the attack, then isn't this just the same as me writing "bestselling novelist The Modern Leper" in my journal when I was a kid? Like, what's there to see here?

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
https://twitter.com/chertz/status/1586540839773392896

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

MrMojok posted:

They can make a windshield wiper that last a hundred years, folks.

They just choose not to.

https://twitter.com/acyn/status/1589796614033522688?s=46&t=0VxGbV9ZwjLgYWCWYQJ-Mw

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!? :psyduck:

EDIT: Like, could you imagine standing in the rain or cold, out in a field, for hours into the night, to hear this for…50 minutes? Jesus, it’s like talking to the familiar old alcoholic in the neighborhood.

The Modern Leper fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Nov 8, 2022

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

The Last Call posted:

She can and probably will do both.

Can you go lobbyist if no one will open their doors to you? Like, if she's just there to carry the briefcase of money, there's no reason to pay for a former Senator. If you're actually paying for the access, the institutional knowledge, or the goodwill, it feels like there's no reason to pay for Sinema.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

hey now they could* also face a $1.6 million fine at a later date

*lol jk

The $4,000 is just for the contempt charge, not the tax fraud conviction. Whether you think they'll ultimately get the $1.6 million fine, they're actually two completely separate charges with different penalties.