Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Outrail posted:

Alex Jones isn;t going to pay a dime because if he's ordered to do anything he'll Lowtax away all of his money out of spite.

What kind of rear end backwards jurisdiction doesn't define a rifle in the hands of a kid as a dangerous weapon?

Incredibly enough, this actually seems to track. The "under 18 dangerous weapon" crime in Wisconsin got amended in 2006 in a way that just barely lets the AR15 squeeze through.

Edit: Possessing a shuriken is still explicitly illegal, thankfully.

Aramis fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Nov 15, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

SocketWrench posted:

Then it's incest!

Nah, that's only an issue when baby-making is involved. It's the perfect loophole!

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Tag yourself, I'm the "Leftist-controlled police department."

Lol that their propaganda requires an elaborate unbroken chain of events that must include being an rear end in a top hat towards someone who has direct control over their livelihood.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Buce posted:

How do these people decide which god to believe in? seems like a tough choice if you're gonna go that route.

Most of them just believe in an hand-wavy concept of god that fulfills the strict minimum to fool themselves into not being crushed by nihilism.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Random Stranger posted:

But if he isn't arrested in the upcoming weeks then Biden is even more useless than we though. And we already think he's useless...

The only way this is happening is if GOP leadership asks for it. Biden "could" try to be shrewd about it and publicly ask for bipartisan support for Don's arrest, but even that strikes me as risky.

Aramis fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jun 28, 2022

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Serious_Cyclone posted:

It's not an STD, it travels through more than just casual incidental contact (like being in the same room with someone who has it), but it doesn't require intimate contact. The CDC repeatedly framing it as an illness exclusive to gay people is not only driving an 80s style "root for the disease" mindset among conservatives, but it sets the stage for a huge outbreak among people who thought they were safe because not gay == no monkeypox. There will be a huge surge in cases among children when school starts back up, for example, and the framing of the illness as an STD among gay people will send the right into conniption fits about a grooming epidemic in schools, when in reality some kid will get it by sharing a sip off of a juice box.

monkeypox is already a poor choice of name for a disease in isolation. But having a disease with that specific name happening to have a large case cluster amongst homosexual and bisexual men at a time when a lot of people are primed to believe conspiracy theories when it comes to pandemics sort of feels like some bullshit karmic coincidence.

If there was a deity pulling the strings, I'd be inclined to accuse them of trolling at this point. So yeah, the CDC really could/should be mindful of that within their messaging.

Aramis fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jul 26, 2022

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Stryder posted:

What I would really like to know, and afaik it hasn't been explained, WHY are these people obsessed with the return of JFK? Massachusetts-born "royalty", Harvard educated, Catholic, life-long Democrat... Doesn't he tick all the boxes *against* what they want? Is it because he "stood up to the commies" during the Cuban missile crisis?

And why JFK Jr. who, by all accounts, was not just a Democrat but... A LIBERAL!

Regressives really want to go back to the era of grand narratives, and JFK was the last president in power before Postmodernism started gaining larger momentum.

Aramis fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jul 26, 2022

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

MrQwerty posted:

To be fair, in his planned timeline he was supposed to be President for Life and at least materially helping Russia invade Ukraine right now, and he doesn't seem to comprehend contingencies. At all.

contingencies? You mean planning to fail? That's a loser mindset if I've ever seen one!

Aramis fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Aug 11, 2022

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

This is incredibly pathetic, even by Trump's usual standards.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Wildtortilla posted:

I don’t know enough about DBZ to appreciate crimes goku more than crime elemental

Think of Goku as a "Punching people real hard" elemental who's eternally unsatisfied with how hard he can punch people, and is willing to go to ANY length to fix that. He's also outstandingly dumb.

It's an apt comparison.

Aramis fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Aug 13, 2022

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Automatic Slim posted:

Would Putin allow Trump to stay in Russia as a continual humiliation to the US or would he turn him in for a billion dollar bounty?

What outcome would harm the US and have beneficial gain to Putin?

Considering the tone taken by Russian media whenever they claim responsibility for getting Trump elected, I'd expect him to be treated like a hot potato that was thrown back at them. Or possibly whatever the modern equivalent of a pillory + handing out rotten produce to the crowd is.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

No competent lawyer is willing to represent Trump, and the remaining ones immediately make what feels like disbarment-worthy statements as soon as they are on the case.

How's an overworked court-appointed public defender supposed to deal with this? Because that's all that will be left at some point.

Aramis fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Aug 19, 2022

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

A 4th amendment defense? I know this is mostly just noise, but getting his Supreme Court to rule that a large portion of warrants are unconstitutional, which is basically what it would take here, is some scorched earth poo poo that is sure to play well with his base.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Has Dr. Oz reached Sarah Palin levels of self-sabotaging a campaign despite having the full right-wing machine supporting him? He's definitely hall-of-fame material, and has to be getting close at this point.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

muscles like this! posted:

Hmm, sure are leaving a lot of things out about why he would be banned from services (under investigation for human trafficking in Romania) and instead just talking up his fighting career.

Timing-wise, there was a flurry of alarm-ringing wrt/ him having demonstrably damaging influence on young kids that went viral yesterday.

e.g.
https://twitter.com/tinapunk/status/1560252840769196033

That's precisely the type of stuff social media platforms are quick to react to.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Major lol at putting poop in quotes. He really has an unnatural knack at coming across as the out-of-touch rich weirdo he truly is.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

I'm shocked, shocked I say. Who would have thought that waging war against law enforcement as a whole would not play well with his base?

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

funeral home DJ posted:

I swear to God that the GOP electorate are changing their “back the blue/gently caress the blue” opinions like a Twister game spinner attached to a turbofan engine. It’s like every other tweet is going back on what they said 30 seconds ago.

Georges Orwell identified Doublethink as one of the primary keystone of indoctrination, and he was absolutely spot on.

Aramis fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Aug 20, 2022

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

PhazonLink posted:

why does he have a checkmark?

isnt he just a failson that hangs out at a local cafe/starbucks/fastfood with a sign shouting "lol trigged libs MAGA trump!!!"

people pay for their stars checkmarks. it's purely an ego symbol. they're also in one of the worst parts of LA the internet, which is hilarious.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Furthermore, considering his current legal troubles, I'd imagine that he really can't afford to lose whatever slight edge being a presidential candidate is affording him.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Regarding the MTG as VP discussion from earlier:

I really don't see Trump picking her. One of the weird contradiction about the big T is that while he requires everyone around him to be a complete sycophant, he has nothing but seething contempt for them. The people he really wants around are the scheming weasels that were willing to kiss the ring and to play the lapdog role. i.e. People he's broken/dominated.

It's going to be one of those trophies, not a true believer. Possibly Ted Cruz.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

wilderthanmild posted:

Does Trump even need to have a VP? Can we have a comedy option where it's just TRUMP

Trump just picks Eric and openly says that it's to bypass the pesky 22nd amendment. "This is to prepare him so that I can keep being your favorite president by proxy in 2028"

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Attempt to force a mistrial maybe?

In a case where he's the plaintif? A bold strategy if I've ever seen one.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

More likely than not, this filing is not meant to achieve anything through the courts, but instead just be used as part of his messaging "strategy". It's no surprise that no lawyer wants to have their name attached to such a blatant misuse of the courts.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

I said come in! posted:

In all seriousness, this. I have to wonder what possible crimes these documents might be exposed here. Cause I can't think of any other reason for why Trump would have ignored repeated requests to hand over these documents, to the point where an FBI raid was warranted, and now Trump has committed even more crimes due to the nature of the documents he had hidden away at his home.

He's managed to get away with an actual, honest to goodness, attempted violent coup. He most likely thought that they would just not dare to go through with the raid. Combine this with there being probably a lot of money to be made by selling the info to the highest bidder, and it seems pretty straightforward to me.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

If someone told me 10 years ago that the GOP would dangerously burn through their war chest to save the sinking campaign of an Oprah protégé, I would called them completely delusional. Yet here we are.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

InsertPotPun posted:

that's why "crony capitalism" was invented! demonrats don't legit make their money in a free market system: they benefit from crony capitalism! using their connections and receiving money from the government and family!
the exact same charges anti-semites hurl at their targets. because they're all the same people.

To be fair, if we could get rid of the "earn", "earnings" terms with regards to money, just acknowledge that it's taken/given/received/etc... across the board, and dispel this stupid illusion that it's somehow a reward for good behaviour, the world would be a better place.

But to be clear: I'm in full agreement that "crony capitalism" is some of the thinnest veiled poo poo ever.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

The implication being that it would have been ok if the documents where in the padlocked room? This changes literally nothing.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

The Last Call posted:

Fox loves themselves poo poo stains and potential child traffickers, so they got another

https://twitter.com/TuckerCarlson/status/1562590048003862529

Having Andrew Tate on your show right now is a good way to get deplatformed in a hurry. That could even the point. Getting banned and spending most of his show bitching against YouTube et al. Censoring him would free Tucker from having to defend Trump and the GOP as much, which is quickly becoming untenable, even for him.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

thoughts and prayers posted:

Where are you getting those numbers from? Here's from another source:

The original numbers you quoted were current population, including immigration. Your chart shows births. The actual text from your linked articles has the current numbers in the same ballpark as what you were replying to.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

What does Space Force do that the Airforce didn’t do already? :lol:

My understanding is that space-related activities was starting to become a large enough portion of the Airforce that spinning it off made more sense than maintaining the existing structure.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

I will never believe this no matter how many generals and poo poo say it. To me, Space Force will always be that stupid thing ol’ Donnie did to leave his mark on the military. The equivalent to when Melania tore up Jackie Kennedy’s rose garden at the White House.

“I was here, you fuckers, and even if you disavow me and every thing I stood for, you can’t change the fact that I was here!”

On the flip side, seeing a boring procedural reorganization pass by and latch on to it as an opportunity to have a low effort/high impact quick win is 110% on brand for Trump.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Tell me you are a nazi by telling me you are a nazi

This has been part of their playbook for a long while now. Here's Shapiro in 2018: https://apnews.com/article/f4b3a5d9f11e47c8bdabd78901a5ed3d

Ben Shapiron posted:

[...] But when combined with patriotism, nationalism also can be a bulwark against tyranny. Nationalism can stand up to international communism. Nationalism can refuse to bow before the dictates of multiculturalism, which suggest all cultures and practices are of equal value.

Patriotism is a philosophy of national values: It is a statement your nation has values that are eternal, true and noble. American patriotism prizes God-given individual rights protected by limited government. Were America to lose God-given individual rights protected by limited government, it no longer would be America
[...]

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Look. Increased risks of breast cancer is a real concern. Bigger boobs are exposed from more directions, so they provide a better worst case scenario to study. We just absolutely must have a dummy with the biggest, and more importantly perkiest tits you have to offer.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

The stones on these motherfuckers

quote:

1. The Special Master’s Duties.
In general, the Court should task the special master with conducting a review of all of the
Seized Materials, not only those seized from the “45 Office” and identified by the Privilege Review
Team as potentially privileged, to identify documents subject to the PRA and attorney-client and/or
executive privileges. Thereafter, the special master should have the duty of adjudicating any
privilege or categorization disputes that arise between the parties.

More specifically, the Special Master should designate batches of documents from the
Seized Materials for review. For each batch, counsel for Movant will conduct a review and submit
designations to the special master ex parte. The designations should identify all Presidential
records, and all potentially privileged documents, for which counsel for Movant shall set forth the
basis for assertion of the attorney-client and/or executive privileges; and documents containing
highly personal information, such as diaries, journals, and medical records.4
Any documents not designated as privileged will be re-released to the Government

The impartial special master will make the determination. Oh, btw, he has to do it by asking Trump's attorney to do it for him.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

The only conceivable next steps here is that the accountants deliver some Responsive Documents, claiming that's all there is. 6 months later, the FBI storms Trump Tower and finds the second, third, and fourth set of books in a series of three-ring binders hidden under his bed.

To which Trump will angrily truth-out that the raid is a sham, as evidenced by the fact that those documents are actually in beautiful hard-bound tomes.

It's the only way this show can go. It just writes itself at this point.

Aramis fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Sep 1, 2022

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

The idea that you can lean into "terrorist" and "enemy of the state" the same way you can for labels like "deplorable" is so incredibly idiotic.

It's sometimes hard to determine whether CHUDs' actions come from stupidity, malice, or hypocrisy. Not here. My god is this woman dumb.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Miller is perfectly right. That dynastic mess is indeed the source of all the value that Monarchy brings to the table, by way of curiosity/fascination. The only thing he's missing is that's all they are good for in the first place.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

The poor man's SCIF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

PhazonLink posted:

isnt audio tele-recording tech good enough that even with a light wind and rain, a decent recording can be picked up?

also there's always wires and phones. lol once Again Burn Notice taught me to counter wires, you conduct meetings in hottubs or saunas.

Alright, fine.

The very poor man's SCIF.