Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Lola Reyes, The Mortal

Hello, my name is Lola Reyes! I am :siren:THE NEW KID:siren: in Winford, so I'm kind of a big deal I guess! Well okay maybe I'm not THE new kid, but I do feel like I get singled out for just being here.

Dad got some fancy telecommunications job with Prometheus, so he moved the family over here from Utica. He seems to be settling in fine, but Mom and me? Not so much.

For me I'm always stuck between choosing to crawl into a hole to disappear or struggling to make (and keep) friends. The hole usually wins. Mom thinks I should play my guitar and sing in school and that can help me make friends. Unless they think I suck and I lose them anyway. Dad thinks...well, he doesn't really give a poo poo about what I should do.

Look, don't think I'm some moody, gloomy teenager (despite all the songs I'm writing tend to lean in that direction). I know what I want in life, it's just hard for me to get there! Real hard! I mean, a lot of people have it hard but they always have someone close to help them. I just have me and I don't know why. It's not like I'm hosed up or anything...I think.

But it's not going to last. I'll find someone to walk down this road with me...even if I have to drag them kicking and screaming along the way.

quote:

Name: Lola Reyes
Skin: Mortal
Look: Awkward, Doe Eyes
Origin: New Kid In Town

Stats
Hot: 2
Cold: -1
Volatile: 1
Dark: -1

Moves

True Love
You always have exactly one Lover. The first is chosen during your Backstory. If you ever fall in love with someone else instead, give them a String and they become your new Lover. You always carry 1 forward to earning your Loverís heart or fancy.

Sympathy is My Weapon
Every time you forgive someone for hurting you, and excuse their base nature, gain a String on them.

Excuses Are My Armour
When you ignore some blatant problem with your Lover or how they treat you, mark experience.

Sex Move
When you have sex with someone, it awakens something sinister within. The next time you take your eyes off them, they become their Darkest Self.

Darkest Self
Nobody understands you. Nobody even tries. You do so much for the people you love, and they walk all over you. Enough is enough! Betray them. Show them what its like to be uncared for. Reveal their monstrosity and yours. Only seeing the pain that youíre causing your Lover will let you escape your Darkest Self.

Backstory
Declare your backstory last.

Choose one person to be your Lover. Give them three Strings on you. Take one String on them.

Roman Reigns fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Oct 2, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Lola Reyes, The Mortal

quote:

What's the biggest thing you wish you could change about yourself?

My heart, haha...

Not really joking, though. I wish I could make it not hurt, y'know? Feels like whenever I open myself up to someone, like REALLY open up, it just sets me on a path of inevitable disappointment and misery. I know everyone's got that problem but I'm just sick of dealing with it. Sick of trying over and over to get better and improve only for it to end up being a waste of time.

And the worst part of it all? It's me. Just me. I'm doing something wrong, or something is just built into me that I can't fix and I just end up tearing myself down. For no reason. Like I can't let myself be happy, or let other people in my life be happy because I'm just flat out not comfortable with it.

Do you think that's possible? To open your heart to people, but be strong enough to endure when they try to hurt it?

I guess all I can do is keep trying until I find out.

quote:

What happened between you and the last person that you thought was the "one". Why didn't it work out?

Oh, okay, let's just move on to this loving bright and sunny chapter of my life.

I told him "I love you". He said "I love you too". And that should have been it. But it wasn't. At some point he stopped loving me, and just started saying that because he knew I like hearing it.

"I love you but I'm not in love with you" was the last thing he said when we broke up. Why not?! What the gently caress does that even mean?!

What did I do wrong? We went to the movies, we ate out, we gave each other gifts, we talk to each other for long hours into the night (although it was mostly me talking and him listening). Was I a terrible kisser? Was I just not pleasant to be around? What was the loving roadblock or hurdle that stopped you from being "in love" with me?!

He never gave me an answer and he never will. But I know what it is. See my answer to your first stupid question. It's just me, isn't it?

quote:

What do you miss most from your time in Utica?

...What? Why are we suddenly talking about Utica? I...ok, whatever. There was some fun stuff to do in Utica, but it was overall mostly boring. Just did not compare to other cities, ESPECIALLY New York City.

But y'know what? I kinda miss how boring it was. Here in Winford everything and everyone seems to be moving fast and plowing on ahead, and running you over if they think you're slowing them down. I feel like I'm out of my element here.

Dad says I'll get used to it, Mom says I should just throw myself out there in the world and sink or swim, so to speak. I guess I'm just not used to change, especially when it feels like I'm entering a whole different world. Maybe at some point things'll start getting boring for me here as well.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

bump

We still got room for more goons n' goblins if y'all are feeling the Halloween spirit

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

[] [] [] []
[] [Serina] [Luke] []
[Lola] [] [Shankar] []
[] [] [] []

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

quote:

Backstory
Choose one person to be your Lover. Give them three Strings on you. Take one String on them.

Okay so you know that whole speech I gave earlier about how I miss the boredom back in Utica? That's still true BUT when it comes to relationships? I need someone to light my fire, y'know what I mean?

And boy does Serina do that for me. She's breathtakingly beautiful and cool and so mysterious at the same time. And then there was that time that I friggin' saved her life after she parked her car into a tree. Okay maybe I'm exaggerating the "saved her life" bit but she seemed really grateful I got her to the hospital.

So that's like destiny, right? Yeah I think that's destiny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Lola

quote:

What did Ashley Stone ask you to keep a secret? Have you kept it?

Soooooo...Ashley's my girl, right? She's one of the first people in class--actually all of Winford now that I think about it--to make me feel comfortable since I started here. Well, tried to anyway.

Soooooo when she confided to me that a guy she was seeing got her pregnant and she had to get an abortion, you bet your rear end I kept that a secret. Hell, even if we weren't friends I'd keep it a secret anyway because that's the kind of person I am. Especially since it would have been a HUGE problem with her parents.

I never knew who it was she was seeing, and she never told me. But she seemed to be on friendly terms with a lot of the boys in class...

quote:

What is it that creeps you out about Eve OíConnor?

Eve is, like, your typical goth slash Wiccan chick who is in touch with nature, and spirits, and um Satan sometimes? Which by itself doesn't creep me out since I had my own little phase not too long ago when I listened to Meliora by Ghost that one time (that counts as goth music right?).

What does creep me out is when she talks about how she can actually see spirits and demons and stuff and gets extremely upset when we don't take her seriously. She also draws what she sees and, honestly, I think she's too good of an artist. Some of the things she draws can be...terrifying. The kind of stuff you can only see in nightmares.

Lately she seems focused on drawing this goofy looking skeleton in a top hat. So I guess that's a step up?

quote:

Jake Robinson is obsessed with something, What is it and why does he keep talking about it with you?

Jake is a really big fan of supernatural and horror drama shows like The Walking Dead, American Horror Story, Supernatural and so on right? And he likes talking about them, and all the monsters they have, and all his fan theories like why the vampires in one show are different than in another show or what would happen if Rick Grimes was a werewolf...

I do not care. I REALLY do not care. I used to like monsters and horror stuff but Jake is quickly turning me off it all because he simply will not shut up about it.

I think I'm the only one whose ear he talks off about it. Which leaves me with this weird feeling like he's talking to me because he's trying to get my attention. Like he's trying to ask me out, I think? I don't know...it's just a weird feeling. But he's going about it the wrong way if that's the case.