Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Really weird seeing a show kinda perfectly subtly foreshadow a shocking final act twist and then do so little with it that you figure they could've cut it entirely.

Nothing the Old Man said on the deathbed changed the audience understanding of The Game any more than you could already infer. I thought there'd at least be a more in-depth challenge of the premise that the game puts everyone on an equal playing field, but ACTUALLY features just as much random luck, external factors and born physical difference that every single game was as unjust and unfair as capitalist society. Bootstrap your way through a tug o' war as an 80lb woman, like what?

And seeing someone care about the guy on the street re-motivating 456 could've happened without it, frankly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Would've saved a lot of time in the storytelling if they'd made it clear before the knockout gas that you could potentially die in the games, as all the desperate people would've signed up anyway and not needed the vote plotline - that was pretty much just a point of getting inevitable audience shock at sniped bodies piling up rather than anything that made sense from a character motivation perspective for the masterminds.

HOMOEROTIC JESUS posted:

It's not clear to me that the character is actually dead - there was no headshot, no view of his body after falling into the water that I can recall. It's unclear if he was shot in the heart or not.
He was very specifically given the non-lethal shoulder wound and disappeared suspiciously far from the rocks below the actual cliff. So yeah, they're 100% ready to bring that dude back.