Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
I wish the series had ended on Gihun returning home to his dead mother. It was bleak, but felt like a great thematic capstone to the series. Everything after that either felt like it undermined that killer moment or was just there to set up the second season. The twist about the old man didn't really do much to make me re-evaluate previous events, and in a lot of ways undermined the emotional impact of the marble episode, which was probably the strongest episode of the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

iamsosmrt posted:

Oh yeah, the fifth game, I was kind of annoyed that no one tried anything like tapping or throwing poo poo on the glasses until near the end with the glass worker. It was to the point where I assumed maybe they weren't allowed to but that wasn't the case. But yeah i would at least expect people to try everything they can before being forced to take a leap of faith. Swing a jacket or something ya know? Literally nothing to lose and everything to gain at that point

They made such a big deal out of everyone taking off their shoes and making a big pile of them I was surprised they never came into play really. The fifth game felt like the weakest really; it's hard to build tension when out of the 16 contestants, the three protagonists are in the safest postion, leaving you with 2 antagonists and 11 red shirts in the firing line.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
[quote="iamsosmrt" post="518252118"
Your quarterbacking point has some merit, but I don't mean I know it's going to work, moreso that 16 people should be trying drat near everything before jumping. And even if it's a bung vs. bong, the remaining players do gain some knowledge, which at the end becomes the point of the game's structure anyway. Besides, as a fairly sweaty guy, I know from experience that even damp wet clothes can slam down hard with a good swing. Even if it was fruitless, it's meaningful to show how hopeless it really is. I preferred the bridge game in Kaiji the gambler.
[/quote]

Yeah, for me it less 'I'd of solved this easily' and more that it would of added some flavour to what was the dullest game really. Like I said previously, the majority of the episode is just mooks and some antagonists dying one by one, with the protagonists in the safest postion for the majority of the episode.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
They had enough redshirts for some of them to try something smart and get punished for it.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
When toddlers behave badly they actually face punishment.