Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

Sinteres posted:

Am I crazy for thinking expanded universe content might sell? Like if they decided to tell the story of Front Man's game and what led to him being in the position he is now,I feel like that would be interesting, but probably not sufficient to make an entire new season. Though I guess there's no reason they couldn't make a special or something and also just throw it on Netflix. I feel like this is too successful not to continue in some way, and that filling in some backstory/showing another game might be easier/faster than immediately moving the show forward and dealing with the repercussions of this season.

Yea, I could see a second season if it heavily develops out Front Man’s experience with the games, giving an alternative experience through the games and a concluding perspective that is in opposition the 456’s. If they intercut that with the present story, it might have enough juice to make another 8 episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

I wonder if they’ll address the small private army the games employ in season two. I guess looking back at the games, not a whole ton of people are eliminated ambiguously, but some mentioned earlier that Ali could technically still be alive makes me think it might be interesting if other losers got conscripted. The games look like they’ve been operating for a few decades.