Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zO7i9P8mGE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Someone’s a Star Trek fan. The Bezos skit, Kenan’s singer called Levar (B) Burton, and they stole a joke from last week’s Lower Decks for Weekend Update!

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

continuing the proud tradition of snl after season 40 of having one (1) good joke per episode

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I was hoping they’d all just forget to continue making this show.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Wait... Lower Decks is back?

(I am over 3000 posts behind in the new Star Trek thread; I haven't followed it since the last season of LD or Picard finished up.)

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

tarlibone posted:

Wait... Lower Decks is back?

(I am over 3000 posts behind in the new Star Trek thread; I haven't followed it since the last season of LD or Picard finished up.)

Yeah! We’re 8 eps in already!

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Not as bad as I expected, and it’s cool that JAJ is already getting decent screen time. He’s considerably funnier than most of the cast, IMO. As always, needs more Melissa.

We watched this on the Peacock service and it seemed strange that there were no terribly unfunny and overly produced music videos. Were there any on the television run that were cut from the streams?

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

The_Doctor posted:

Yeah! We’re 8 eps in already!

Jesus Christ. Gotta love CBS's amazing marketing department.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

They definitely weren’t silent about it! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
I didn’t know the LD was still even around, so they weren’t very loud about it...

a new study bible! posted:

Not as bad as I expected, and it’s cool that JAJ is already getting decent screen time. He’s considerably funnier than most of the cast, IMO. As always, needs more Melissa.

We watched this on the Peacock service and it seemed strange that there were no terribly unfunny and overly produced music videos. Were there any on the television run that were cut from the streams?

I’m glad they gave the ~weird~ one a poop sketch at the end (must have been in honor of Beck’s retirement :v:). Did I see Lorne come out to shake her hand after while going into the final commercial break?

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I watched for the first time in a while because Sarah Squirm followed me back on twitter. She did well I thought.

Do the hosts always read all their lines off cue cards nowadays or was that just an Owen Wilson thing?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Everyone reads from cue cards because the scripts can change right up to the end.

I did have to laugh that Owen kept flubbing the lines for Cars while the others had to tell him how great of a job he was doing.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I've never heard Bezos speak before, was that at all an impression of him or just owen wilson being a cowboy?

Haha Sarah Squirm was on Office Hours talking about how hard of a time she had getting contacts in and if she was on the show with glasses on, it's because she still couldn't figure it out in time. Just seen her with glasses on haha

She did great that was fun

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Oct 3, 2021

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

I was hoping they’d all just forget to continue making this show.
[...]
We watched this on the Peacock service and it seemed strange that there were no terribly unfunny and overly produced music videos.
I'm so sorry you're being forced to watch this show that you hate!

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Sivart13 posted:

I'm so sorry you're being forced to watch this show that you hate!

This is how TV sometimes works when you are in a relationship with someone. Perhaps one day you will experience it.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003

This is how TV sometimes works when you are in a relationship with someone. Perhaps one day you will experience it.
I'm usually the one trying to get my spouse to watch something they don't quite like but I usually lay off pretty quick because it's a bad vibe!

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

JAJ’s Biden was so good that I actually enjoyed an SNL political cold open for the first time in years. Could they finally be done with stunt casting major political figures? That would be neat

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I won't be overly negative when watching with the Wifey because I don't want to ruin the Sunday morning vibes. And neither of us thinks it's great comedy or anything, but I'm still interested in it as a cultural artifact.

For as negative as I was going in, I'm positive about the new cast members (even if some of the older ones should have been long gone). The show itself had a few okay jokes-- weekend update, the school board thing, sexpest lightning mcqueen, NFL, and funeral song were all good enough imo. Didn't care for the poop testing service, but the only outright bad skit was the The View parody.

JAJ is a really talented impressionist and I think he'll make a great addition. I remember from his podcast that he has a pretty good Bob Dylan, too, so expect some of those down the line.

Give Melissa Villasenor more screen time, please.

a new study bible! fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Oct 3, 2021

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
Melissa has deserved more screen time for her entire run. She’s always so funny and endearing, you would think the show would want to lean on that more.

I was glad we got to see most (all?) of the new players, but I also think that may be the last skit most of them perform for a month or two...
:shrug:

pwn
May 27, 2004

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

I didn’t know the LD was still even around, so they weren’t very loud about it...

I’m glad they gave the ~weird~ one a poop sketch at the end (must have been in honor of Beck’s retirement :v:). Did I see Lorne come out to shake her hand after while going into the final commercial break?

I don’t know who that was but it wasn’t Lorne

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

pwn posted:

I don’t know who that was but it wasn’t Lorne

I think she walked over to Aristotle after the sketch ended.

It is really curious that they were able to write 3 bits for JAJ to flex his impressions right off the bat and yet they still can’t find a way to really write any for Melissa.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I thought for sure they would work in her Owen Wilson impression somewhere.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003

Melissa has deserved more screen time for her entire run.

Freaquency posted:

It is really curious that they were able to write 3 bits for JAJ to flex his impressions right off the bat and yet they still can’t find a way to really write any for Melissa.
After four years I think it's enough time to declare that whatever Melissa's style of comedy is, this is not a great place for it.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Freaquency posted:

I think she walked over to Aristotle after the sketch ended.

Pretty sure all of the featured players had more lines this episode than the regulars.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Is Forrest Gump about to whoop someone’s rear end???
:stare:

Oh poo poo she did do a Jenny:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/kacey-musgraves-bares-cowboy-boots-205941033.html
:popeye:

frogbs
May 5, 2004
Well well well
I'm a little surprised that Owen Wilson was willing to do the Cars 4 sketch, don't Disney have a reputation of not taking kindly to that kind of thing from people they've given boatloads of money?

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
https://decider.com/2021/10/06/saturday-night-live-season-47-worst-ratings/amp/

quote:

The Saturday Night Live Season 47 premiere set a record this year, but not in the way that NBC likely anticipated. The Wrap reports that the episode, which was hosted by Owen Wilson and featured musical guest Kacey Musgraves, was the show’s least-watched season premiere of all time.

This year’s season premiere drew a 0.92 rating in the 18-49 viewer demographic, and 4.9 million total viewers. Nielsen numbers dropped 41% overall from SNL‘s Chris Rock-hosted Season 46 premiere. The previous all-time ratings low for an episode was Keegan-Michael Key’s episode from May 15, 2021.

However, it’s important to note that the Season 47 premiere isn’t the least-watched episode overall in terms of total viewers, just for the initial broadcast; and that over time, more and more viewers watch episodes on digital platforms instead of live. Wilson’s episode ultimately scored the second-highest ratings number in the 18-49 demo for any comedy airing during this year’s Fall TV Premiere Week, only trailing The Simpsons.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

pwn
May 27, 2004

;

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

How much of a disaster is this Kardashian episode going to be? I'm guessing she'll par with Paris Hilton

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Sekhmnet posted:

How much of a disaster is this Kardashian episode going to be? I'm guessing she'll par with Paris Hilton

Now you just made me watch the promos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOxRNvSVQ4Y

Zeluth fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Oct 9, 2021

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wf31yBoGA4

pwn
May 27, 2004

You were, indeed, a book filled with word meanings, Norm

Promos yadda yadda

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVxCOvYJ7NM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_Sgt0fP6eM

In more exciting news: Tonight’s Vintage is Brendan Fraser with Bjork from October 18 1997! Watch Brendan swing into your living room tonight at 10/9c, only on NBC!

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I haven't listened to any of Halsey's latest music so I dunno if there's a reason she's gone goth nun here or if she's gonna stick with it the whole show

Lot of hate for Kim K out there, I'm sure it will be medium-fine like most episodes. She's gotta have more on-screen acting experience than Barkley.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Sivart13 posted:

I haven't listened to any of Halsey's latest music so I dunno if there's a reason she's gone goth nun here or if she's gonna stick with it the whole show

Lot of hate for Kim K out there, I'm sure it will be medium-fine like most episodes. She's gotta have more on-screen acting experience than Barkley.

Her new album she partnered with Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross from Nine Inch Nails. Great album too.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Bjork rules.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Halsey’s playing these tracks tonight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Azv0G85lh8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P158PdiRJ1Q

You can also expect to see her in a pretape, though—as always—poo poo changes between dress and air.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Halsey is cool and should've just hosted too

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
This newsletter reaches my constituents. It says Love before hate. Also, This Print Shop is bugged.

Yo. bible, what's up?

Zeluth fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Oct 10, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwn
May 27, 2004

Hey Tom :unsmith: