Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

drat he was definitely meaning every word he said, and he really isn’t wrong. I liked that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Part of me hates the sentimentality of modern SNL but part of me was touched by that.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Also i caught myself saying, “not EVERY one” because there were a handful of episodes in ‘76, ‘82, and ‘84 which were broadcast from elsewhere when NBC News commandeered 8H for election coverage.

The most notable of these: Steve Martin’s first time hosting.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Melissa is the main character and she still has hardly any lines...
:thunk:

That was a great sketch, though!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Balls!?

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
And if you’re like me: you hate throwing your underwear in the trash.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Wow a GBS SNL sketch.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Wake the kids up, pour some coffee in em, then send them back to bed, because we about to find out what up with that

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Finally some good music on this show.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
surprised we didnt get an Alec Baldwin mention on weekend update

well actually not at all surprised

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

holy poo poo

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

pwn posted:

Wake the kids up, pour some coffee in em, then send them back to bed, because we about to find out what up with that

The prophecy came true!

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
I called it. What's Up With That.

Where is jogging siuit dancer?

THERE HE IS!

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
The Hee-Bee Bee-Gees :lol:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I missed What's Up With That so much.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The Nastier Nate posted:

NBC likes Alec Baldwin enough to not take a cheap shot at him :smug:

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

The Nastier Nate posted:

The lady who died is highly respected in the industry, as is Alec; who is also a friend of the show, so no surprise at all. There really isn't anything funny about it to mine for jokes, to be honest.

pwn
May 27, 2004

At least they posted the cut WU bits, which they don’t usually do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es28_nb-Y2k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du6dPyEMO7Q

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSWlwM4s1Ds

this guest host may be a professional. what a tight sketch

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Sekhmnet posted:

The lady who died is highly respected in the industry, as is Alec; who is also a friend of the show, so no surprise at all. There really isn't anything funny about it to mine for jokes, to be honest.

Baldwin may also face legal repercussions, given his role as a producer, if they can show he had any part in hiring the scabs or ignoring the union complaints. Not only was he the person who fired the fatal shot, but he is also a multi-millionaire and the principle actor: given the frequency of safety issues, it’s not going to be hard to argue he had a role to play beyond just being the actor who was handed what he was told was a cold gun.

A tragedy all around: there really is no comedy here. The show ignoring it was the best they could do...

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
call me crazy, but I like it when there's a joke in an SNL sketch, and I'm fairly sure the mellen sketch was half of a joke stretched out to three minutes

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Maybe it was the delivery of the initial pitch but the Declaration of Independance gave me serious Tim Robinson vibes.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I was getting that too, it was the ‘maybe you think it’s for kids? It’s not for kids’ line that set it off.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

pwn posted:

At least they posted the cut WU bits, which they don’t usually do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es28_nb-Y2k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du6dPyEMO7Q

Okay, I thought it was strange that they did barely a dozen jokes and only had one “guest.”

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I’d call that two good episodes in a row.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
That Science sketch was the best of the season.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

sudeikis' execution was flawless

pwn
May 27, 2004

Hey pwn is posting TWiSNL tweets again huh

https://twitter.com/thatweekinsnl/status/1452286922441859082?s=21

Well he just keeps being absolutely correct. There were four sketches cut after Dress, including this but excluding the two WU pieces which have been uploaded. I imagine they’re saving the PDD film for another live show but let’s see some sketches please and thank you.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Have they let Punkie Johnson do a single funny thing yet? I try to remember every time I see her on screen. Like I honestly don't even know what her comedy style is because she's always just playing the straight man or an extra with a single line. The only thing I really remember her role in is as the director in the Dionne Warwick sketches and she's pretty much the straight man there too.

SNL has always been bad about playing favorites with the cast but it's even worse when you have a couple dozen players total.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

I kind of hated the science sketch, but I was happy to see a What's Up With That, so maybe I'm an idiot

I was also very happy to see a Biden sketch without Jim Carey. It wasn't great but the sniffing got me pretty good

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Puppy Galaxy posted:

I kind of hated the science sketch...

I liked it, but maybe it's because I'm old. It was clearly a Mr Wizard parody right down to the similar set and Jason is just a little older than I am. I assume he was watching Mr Wizard like any respectable little kid would have at the time.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

That's not the first time they did that sketch. I enjoyed it just seeing everyone bust up at Jason.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
His hair in the monologue looked super weird.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

An Ounce of Gold posted:

I liked it, but maybe it's because I'm old. It was clearly a Mr Wizard parody right down to the similar set and Jason is just a little older than I am. I assume he was watching Mr Wizard like any respectable little kid would have at the time.

I do remember Mr. Wizard but mostly because I’d change the channel as soon as it came on

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Ror posted:

Have they let Punkie Johnson do a single funny thing yet? I try to remember every time I see her on screen. Like I honestly don't even know what her comedy style is because she's always just playing the straight man or an extra with a single line. The only thing I really remember her role in is as the director in the Dionne Warwick sketches and she's pretty much the straight man there too.

SNL has always been bad about playing favorites with the cast but it's even worse when you have a couple dozen players total.

it's really funny they are almost spilling off the stage in the outro. In a dozen years there will be so many cast members that the live audience ends up getting cut for places for players to sit if they didn't get a scene that episode.

i miss when a bunch of your favs would leave and it was just some new randos and the ppl you kind of forgot were there but then it's a new show and sense of humour and is exciting even though a lot of people will immediately moan that it's bad unlike X cast. now all your favs are trapped in purgatory and jason sudekis comes back to host and you're like "oh did you even leave" kinda assumed everyone was just still here.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
He might actually sound ok on 11/6:
https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/pop-culture-news/ed-sheeran-has-covid-will-do-performances-home-n1282239

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Puppy Galaxy posted:

I do remember Mr. Wizard but mostly because I’d change the channel as soon as it came on

Don Herbert forgives you

BUT I DON'T!

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

No big huge laughs from me this time, but I just had a good time with the episode and what's up with that is great and will continue to be every time they can manage to put it together. The new cast does need some chances to tell some jokes though, drat.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Man, I feel bad for Aristotle. The man is way way too handsome to be a comedian. Like it's actively distracting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I still can't read his name without thinking people mean the original Aristotle and not the dude on SNL.