Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Atari 2600!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Khanstant posted:

it's really funny they are almost spilling off the stage in the outro. In a dozen years there will be so many cast members that the live audience ends up getting cut for places for players to sit if they didn't get a scene that episode.

i miss when a bunch of your favs would leave and it was just some new randos and the ppl you kind of forgot were there but then it's a new show and sense of humour and is exciting even though a lot of people will immediately moan that it's bad unlike X cast. now all your favs are trapped in purgatory and jason sudekis comes back to host and you're like "oh did you even leave" kinda assumed everyone was just still here.

Yea they need to purge like 6 cast members next year

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Purge anyone who has been around longer than 3 years other than Kenan. Even Jost and Michael.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Get rid of Jost and rehire the 18 dudes Lorne fired for looking too much like Colin Jost!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Colin Jost's job is to laugh uncomfortably at Michael Che's jokes.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I really hope Jost and Che are gone next season.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
I’d be sad to lose Che

Jost can go

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Jost just sits there grinning the entire time.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

I like Jost + Che more than I liked Seth + Amy or Tina + Jimmy.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

GreenNight posted:

Purge anyone who has been around longer than 3 years other than Kenan. Even Jost and Michael.

I love Kenan and I've been watching him since All That but his time to go seems long overdue. Maybe at this point they're gonna let him hit 20 years for the prestige, but honestly think about how long that is on SNL.

I'm sorry.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

The Nastier Nate posted:

Yea they need to purge like 6 cast members next year

that's a start, but even 15 seems like a bigass cast.

and as for kenan, like, as a society we owe him to find some other sketch comedy show to live in, can't just turn the guy out on the streets. like let's pitch in for a new madtv or even bring back all that and let him be on that.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Khanstant posted:

that's a start, but even 15 seems like a bigass cast.

and as for kenan, like, as a society we owe him to find some other sketch comedy show to live in, can't just turn the guy out on the streets. like let's pitch in for a new madtv or even bring back all that and let him be on that.

Doesn't he still have a sitcom with Don Johnson? Or was that cancelled?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

As someone said recently, there’s not really anywhere to go upwards from SNL.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
oh nobody knows about that one way or the other and obviously it's not a solution to the kenan housing problem. sketch comedy is his natural biome, he can't survive on a sitcom alone.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I've been watching Kenan in sketches my whole life, he must sketch until he dies or I die.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

wearing six kenan watches on my arms in case one stops

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
kenan can stay on until lorne michaels keels over and NBC anoints him as his successor

everyone else can get cut

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
Why would Kenan want to leave SNL to full-time a sitcom that will almost certainly be cancelled within a year when he has perfectly positioned himself to be the next Eddie Murphy/Lorne.

Just let Kenan host the show. :shrug:

frogbs
May 5, 2004
Well well well
Unrelated to the Keenan discussion, but if you haven't seen it, you should watch the 'Orange Julius' sketch from when Sylvester Stallone hosted in 1997. It gets taken down frequently because some of the dialog is outdated, but I think it's still worth seeing:

https://videoshub.com/videos/25309560

Stallone actually commits, and seemingly has his lines memorized? Unbelievable. Best acting from Stallone in the last 30 years, easily.

Does anyone know who wrote it? My hunch is Ferrell, because usually if you write it, you produce it, and get to cast it, but maybe it was someone like Downey or something.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

frogbs posted:

Unrelated to the Keenan discussion, but if you haven't seen it, you should watch the 'Orange Julius' sketch from when Sylvester Stallone hosted in 1997. It gets taken down frequently because some of the dialog is outdated, but I think it's still worth seeing:

Stallone actually commits, and seemingly has his lines memorized? Unbelievable. Best acting from Stallone in the last 30 years, easily.

Does anyone know who wrote it? My hunch is Ferrell, because usually if you write it, you produce it, and get to cast it, but maybe it was someone like Downey or something.

mckay

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

frogbs posted:

Looks like snl got to it, video won’t load anymore. Too bad, I remember that sketch being fun when I saw it as a kid.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
It's still working for me: must be region locked?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

It's still working for me: must be region locked?

Huh, weird, now that I’m at work and not on my home pc, it works.

Maybe my pc just didn’t want to work this morning yet. I feel like that before I have some caffeine, can’t blame it.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Why would Kenan want to leave SNL to full-time a sitcom that will almost certainly be cancelled within a year when he has perfectly positioned himself to be the next Eddie Murphy/Lorne.

Just let Kenan host the show. :shrug:

Is he though? I feel like I've viewed it this way and said it a bunch, but I also feel like I've read more rumors of him leaving at some point that ended up not being the case than articles of him getting ready to takeover for Lorne. I root for him there because mostly I've seen him doing sketch tv my whole life, but I don't actually know his strengths or weaknesses in a role like lornes?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyeyqSFdMhg

Came across this, due to it being the Halloween season.

Good lord, Tim Curry is not remotely conscious for this.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Was watching the American Crime Story Impeachment show and there was a 10 second clip of John Goodman playing Linda Tripp. Imagine if they ran that sketch today? How much groveling would they do in the subsequent weeks for hurting the feelings of someone who absolutely deserved it?

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
https://twitter.com/nbcsnl/status/1455595709693145092?s=21

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Getting the worst musical guest out of the way is a tactic I can get behind.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I didn't recognize any of the hosts and then I googled them and I recognized all of them, just not their names. Jonathan Majors will be fun to see, Lovecraft Country was one of the coolest shows I've ever seen period.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

ngl, excited for tay tay

also simu liu is fantastic

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
:lol: Saweetie can’t do any of her songs???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5c2iRHlAHA

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

She has a netflix special coming about about how to be horny again in a post-covid world.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I haven't heard of Kieran Culkin in a while. But he has been funny in small roles that I've seen so here's hoping that he can do a good job. It can be hard to guess though, I would have never thought Adam Driver could be really funny but the Career Day sketch is my favorite of recent years.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Kieran was great in Scott Pilgrim.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Kieran is currently a main character on Succession.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Fezz posted:

Kieran is currently a main character on Succession.

Oh ok, that makes a lot of sense then, I haven't seen it. Hopefully not too many laser focused Succession jokes like the Kim K one? Please?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/nbcsnl/status/1456415536682872835

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

i thought ed sheeran got covid and couldnt do snl, are they just pushing him onstage anyways???

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Paper Lion posted:

i thought ed sheeran got covid and couldnt do snl, are they just pushing him onstage anyways???

"Ed Sheeran says he's cleared to perform on Saturday Night Live after quarantining for COVID-19"

tho not clear enough to appear in the promo i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Nice new threads bruh