Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
It brings me no pleasure to report that the Astros are objectively the best remaining team to root for. It would be very funny and “cheating at baseball” is a lesser sin than racism, being based in Boston (pardon the redundancy) or boring wealthy competence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

xbilkis posted:

It brings me no pleasure to report that the Astros are objectively the best remaining team to root for. It would be very funny and “cheating at baseball” is a lesser sin than racism, being based in Boston (pardon the redundancy) or boring wealthy competence

Well don't worry the Astros also have a racist dude on the team, so check that box too.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Considering I've read hot takes from people who think the umpires are unfair to the Braves as a punishment for Georgia's voter suppression, I'm pretty much Atlanta/Houston now because it means either result causes a bunch of overreactions from somebody. A Houston win will aggravate the church of baseball, while an Atlanta win will be held up as proof of triumph over some vaguely defined conspiracy by the sorts of people who thought the election was stolen.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The Dodgers are a team that spends money in an attempt to win baseball games and doesn't cheat, which when you think about it, kinda makes them heroes.

But also they signed Trevor Baue and did a crimes.xls.

But also, they don't do a chop.

But also, also, and this one is important.

Mookie Betts.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Dodgers are starting Knebel against Fried so the Braves basically have to win this one to stand any chance. Morton's not going till game 3 to give him a little extra rest, if this one is 2-0 Dodgers or maybe even 1-1 going back to LA it's not coming back to Atlanta afterwards.

Popete posted:

Anytime I watch a Braves home game and the chop starts it's just so embarrassing to see a stadium full of mostly white people having zero self awareness or just not caring.

i mean that's just white people generally, just a particularly persistent and galling example

GrumpyGoesWest
Apr 9, 2015

I can't hate a team for fans. Just the other night this dude at the bar saw my dodgers hat and said you gently caress with Texas? Nah I just don't like the Houston infield. He bought me a shot of tequila and wished my team good luck. Most fans are just fans. This post season is real exciting for me. Kiké is doing great. I still wear his jersey. Verdugo is doing ok. Joc is clutch. I'd like a Houston/ la rematch and to actually win it this time just for the closure.

GrumpyGoesWest
Apr 9, 2015

I will say the chop is insufferable at this point. But I don't really watch braves games so I don't think about it much.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
The Astros winning definitely seems to be the funniest option, and I don't see any other team really separating themselves in terms of distinctness.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
I'm only rooting for Kyle Schwarber :shrug: but really

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Why is it that during the spittle-throwing declarations of who to root for and who to hate, that the Giants have always gotten a pass ITT for this?

https://youtu.be/kqmef8sp9aY

This was two years ago, and this guy is still today the CEO for the organization.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The only really funny or karmic or interesting scenario I see out of this is Mookie beating the Red Sox and the Dodgers denying Bauer a ring he whines about for the rest of his life. So I guess I'm rooting for the Dodgers and Boston?

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo

STAC Goat posted:

The only really funny or karmic or interesting scenario I see out of this is Mookie beating the Red Sox and the Dodgers denying Bauer a ring he whines about for the rest of his life. So I guess I'm rooting for the Dodgers and Boston?

Same. It feels dirty.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Boston:
Pros: Kyle Schwarber, Kiké Hernandez, they're not the Astros
Cons: Alex Cora, cheating scandal, awful fans, cheaped out on Mookie Betts

Los Angeles:
Pros: Ownership actually spends money on players, least offensive fans, they're not the Astros
Cons: crimes.xls, Trevor Bauer, Julio Urias, I'm sick of them winning all the time

Atlanta:
Pros: Freddie Freeman, Joc Pederson, Jorge Soler, William Contreras, they're not the Astros
Cons: Racist fans doing racist chants, white flight to a new stadium, Albies' contract, Chipper Jones still hangs around too much

Houston:
Pros: It would be hilarious if the Astros won in the same way that it was hilarious that Trump won
Cons: Cheating scandal and the 6 players who are still on the roster from the 2017 team, "I'M SO loving GLAD WE GOT OZUNA", Gurriel being a racist to Darvish, they're the Astros

I'm sure there are plenty more I'm missing, but this is what I've come up with for now. :shrug:

MerklesBoner
Apr 5, 2003

MrMojok posted:

Why is it that during the spittle-throwing declarations of who to root for and who to hate, that the Giants have always gotten a pass ITT for this?

https://youtu.be/kqmef8sp9aY

This was two years ago, and this guy is still today the CEO for the organization.

I mean, he’s an owner and all owners are terrible.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Craptacular! posted:

Considering I've read hot takes from people who think the umpires are unfair to the Braves as a punishment for Georgia's voter suppression, I'm pretty much Atlanta/Houston now because it means either result causes a bunch of overreactions from somebody. A Houston win will aggravate the church of baseball, while an Atlanta win will be held up as proof of triumph over some vaguely defined conspiracy by the sorts of people who thought the election was stolen.

I like this and am on board

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Dusty Baker is my only pro to Houston winning

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

"I'M SO loving GLAD WE GOT OZUNA"

That was pretty bad. Both the guy who said it and Ozuna himself are gone though

Intruder fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Oct 16, 2021

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://twitter.com/YahooSports/status/1449476922900058113

I thought this guy was a bum who didn't deserve his postseason roster spot???

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

P sure literally nobody said that, he was hurt.

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

Weell, just had listen to my roommate who is currently in the process of breaking up with my other roommate cry and complain about him for an hour :v: Being the third person in a house with two other people at the end of an 8-year-relationship isn't easy

Oooh the area code game!

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Poque posted:

Dusty Baker is my only pro to Houston winning

what about uncle Mike

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
CHOP

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

kaworu posted:

Weell, just had listen to my roommate who is currently in the process of breaking up with my other roommate cry and complain about him for an hour :v: Being the third person in a house with two other people at the end of an 8-year-relationship isn't easy

Oooh the area code game!

Is this about the Astros

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

Oh oops I thought I made that post in the GDT thread :pwn: Just real life getting in the way of baseball

SAY YOHO
Oct 5, 2021
Is it just me? or have they been doing this shallow depth of field camera stuff recently? Or is it some youtube fuckery to blur the background? I can only listen to games and watch highlights.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I've had time to think and I've decided the funniest remaining outcomes are as follows:

3. Houston beats Los Angeles legitimately, gets to have their redemption tour and Astros fans can argue that they didn't even need to trash cans to win in 2017.

2. Boston beats Los Angeles with Kiké Hernandez outplaying Mookie Betts, then afterwards John Henry uses that as a vague excuse to slash their payroll further.

1. Houston beats Los Angeles using some new method of cheating that doesn't get revealed until afterwards.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

SAY YOHO posted:

Is it just me? or have they been doing this shallow depth of field camera stuff recently? Or is it some youtube fuckery to blur the background? I can only listen to games and watch highlights.

It’s new. They started doing it in the NBA this year too. I’m not a fan. I get that everyone has Zoom brain from the quarantine and doing shallow depth of field hides the squalor of your house from your coworkers, but I don’t think it’s necessary to fuzz out the crowd.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Intruder posted:

That was pretty bad. Both the guy who said it and Ozuna himself are gone though

I was more upset about Taubman than sign stealing (which tbf, I dont now and never a single poo poo about sign stealing).

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Just wondering…has there ever been a wild card World Series?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Endless Trash posted:

Just wondering…has there ever been a wild card World Series?

The seven game classic in 2014 between the Giants and the Royals was one

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

CHOP

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

i may never stop chopping

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Carlosologist posted:

The seven game classic in 2014 between the Giants and the Royals was one
So was 2002 Giants/Angels

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Spring Break My Heart posted:

So was 2002 Giants/Angels

So only 2014, got it.

SAY YOHO
Oct 5, 2021

Ammat The Ankh posted:

2. Boston beats Los Angeles with Kiké Hernandez Verdugo outplaying Mookie Betts, then afterwards John Henry uses that as a vague excuse to slash their payroll further.

Kiké is already outperforming Betts.

Dinosaurs! posted:

It’s new. They started doing it in the NBA this year too. I’m not a fan. I get that everyone has Zoom brain from the quarantine and doing shallow depth of field hides the squalor of your house from your coworkers, but I don’t think it’s necessary to fuzz out the crowd.

That sucks, it looks dumb.

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.
it's also incredibly pernicious because it tacitly removes one of the big aesthetic considerations from the game (fans) that the league can't directly control. like obv that's not in its final state yet but you can imagine. fans can be bad but also whatever the league wants to replace them with is infinitely worse

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Go Barves :)

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Albies was being deeply problematic when he described Riley as "big boss", a world famous terrorist and founder of Outer Heaven

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Epic High Five posted:

Albies was being deeply problematic when he described Riley as "big boss", a world famous terrorist and founder of Outer Heaven

Huhuhuhuhuh

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

Does this make Johan Camargo the medic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

As a Dodger fan, I think they’re likely washed.

They have three starters where you need four and two have been used in relief, in the last three days.

The one who started tonight was talking in the postgame presser about “dead arm”, because he loving closed out the game two nights ago. LOL!

The one who starts the next game has pitched more innings this season than he ever has in his career, and he’s been scratching and scrambling to get outs for the past two months.

I think the Dodgers are going to lose this in five.

Barves-Red Sox WS, Red Sox in five and Kiké Hernandez obliterates all postseason offensive metrics