Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

No JD Martinez on the Red Sox WC roster b/c he tripped over the second base bag on his way out to the outfield. Nice job doofus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Thom P. Tiers posted:

JD has a 307/369/560 in his last 85 PA's lol this is a lot of words to oddly say that your are *fine* with one of the best players being unavailable for tonight's win or go home game.

Seriously. It's bad that he's not playing for you guys Red Sox fans.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

lmao every time

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Wow we're talking about this fascinating topic yet again are we???

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Giants vs. Braves will be a drat good NLCS

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

MrMojok posted:

It will end in a few years when there are no players from that team left. Until then, nobody gets to dictate when it’s allowed to be talked about.

e: and yes,it’s quite fascinating

Not dictating anything. Whatever floats your boat.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Charlie Morton starting game 4

Love Morton but not sure that's the right move

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

mcmagic posted:

gently caress the rotten cheating astros.

Love you too

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Praying to every god for braves/astros so this subforum gets sucked up its own rear end in a top hat.

CHOP

Same

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Knebel to start for Dodgers tonight. Guess its an opener type situation?

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

did you consider scoring more than one run prior to that

What does that have to do with the ump missing the call

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Popete posted:

The blown call isn't about the Giants would have for sure won that game, it was just a huge wet fart of a way to end a super tight game in a very fun series against the two best teams in baseball.

As a mostly neutral fan it's just a poo poo way to end it.

Yeah I mean I don't care since my team is still in it but poo poo man what a time to gently caress up a call.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Sydin posted:

So what's the funniest WS outcome now:

1. Astros vs Dodgers revenge series, Dodgers win and we get a full offseason of Dodger player takes about how the Giants would have lost in 2017 too if they hadn't been banging cans.
2. Astros vs Dodgers revenge series, except the Astros win again even though they're not cheating anymore and Dodgers fans lose their goddamn minds.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

No LMJ on Astros roster. Looks like it's Odorizzi taking the 4th starter spot.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Need Framber, Garcia and Urquidy to step up big time.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

bawfuls posted:

Dodgers are opening with Knebel again tonight, but this is likely a more typical bullpen game and they’ll start Scherzer tomorrow.

Presumably Gonsolin will get a couple innings tonight too

I know Dodgers are heavily favored and all but if they win Game 1 it's pretty much over for the Braves.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

mcmagic posted:

The fact that this is what all the Astros fans talking points are is pretty pathetic. Just embrace your team being dirty cheaters like a loving man.

Yeah you tell'em mcmagic lol

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

just lol if you're an Astros fan and you don't self flagellate yourself every morning

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Hand Knit posted:

this entire topic sucks rear end

Absolutely. Goes nowhere every time and just pisses everyone off.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

I always get way more stressed watching a game on TV vs. in person.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

How you feeling about Buehler on short rest Dodger fans?

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Congrats Braves. Looking forward to the WS

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

This article did not age well

https://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgers/story/2021-10-16/column-dylan-hernandez-on-dodgers-braves-series

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

They can if we all just collectively agree to ignore the racists and assholes and cheaters and just do something else.

Yes go do something else if it pains you so much

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

LMAO that's old school all right

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Looks like I'll be the Astros fan that is confident going into this series. Other than Charlie Morton (which sucks that we have to face him...love him), the other guys seem to have been beatable by equal or lesser line-ups than the Astros. I also think Framber & Gracia continue their recent success. Homefield advantage is huge, since it seems the Braves don't lose at Truist.

MrMidnight fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Oct 24, 2021

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

What does that even mean

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Dinosaurs! posted:

During a game: Be such a ball of nerves you’re incapable of enjoying the moment because defeat is around the corner
After a win: Consume every piece of media you can find
After a loss: Lament the inevitable series loss, tell yourself it’s just an exhibition and you’re proud of your team for winning their league
After winning the series: sit paralyzed in disbelief for a few minutes, then celebrate and consume every piece of media you can find
After losing the series: I wouldn’t know :smug: We’re never going back :negative:

This is a very good summary.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Kirios posted:

It's cool that the we're escaping Atlanta with the series still ongoing but good freaking luck beating Fried and Anderson.

Still better than trying to beat Morton if he was healthy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Intruder posted:

I'm not the most confident in Garcia on three days rest given that he finished the season clearly gassed out having pitched more than ever before in his career but you gotta do what you gotta do. Just glad to still be playing

I didn't think it was necessary to use Urquidy in game 5 but Dusty clearly thought it was

Given how short his outing in game 5 was, I wonder if Framber would be available for an inning or two in a potential game 7. I assume he would be but he hasn't exactly inspired confidence in his two starts

Keep Framber far far away