Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Joe West is retiring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

bawfuls posted:

Several local guys already pull double duty with contracts for national games (and occasionally even call their own local team ie Joe Davis in the NLCS last year). For the guys that are good and worth elevating, they’re professionals perfectly capable of playing it down the middle for a national audience. What’s dumb is that there are any broadcasters of national games who *don’t* get the regular reps of doing a local team every day.

Jeff Francouer did at least one Braves-Brewers game. (I wasn't paying attention the lineup for the rest of the series.) Frenchy's pretty good and I hope no one steals him away from Atlanta.

I'm glad Smoltz is hated nationally. He was always an rear end as a player and I'm glad he isn't a main Atlanta announcer.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/josi_elder/status/1451026091393617920

Atlanta's not even paying Rosario's full salary.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Eddie Rosario's son on TV :3:

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

D.N. Nation posted:

Stadium's still there, hosting tens of fans for GSU games and the occasional Foo Fighters.

Also, the high school state football championships because Mercedes-Benz Stadium started wanting $Texas money to play there. It's not the prettiest venue for football, but it works.

Also,

https://twitter.com/japatrick200/status/1452137678057742336

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Joc also posted this recently.

(It's a real shirt, though I can't remember the website.)

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Snitker said they did a quick x-ray between innings and it showed no break. Morton said it only really bothered him when he ran, so he went back out. They think the impact of that pitch to Altuve finished the job on the break.

Mentioned it in the GDT. Seeing Morton hurt reminded me of another time the Astros broke Atlanta's bone: Ken Caminiti trying to score on a sac fly, barreling into Greg Olson in 1992 and snapping Olson's ankle..

RC and Moon Pie fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Oct 27, 2021

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Tucker Davidson has been named Morton's replacement.

Davidson was pretty good in limited shots. Those being the key words. Davidson is a rookie who's had limited shots.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

elentar posted:

I feel like it wasn’t all that long ago that teams in these series had a defined fourth starter even if they sucked and that person would get the start. Is that wrong?

I guess what I’m asking is when did bullpen games get this comprehensively normalized?

Baseball Reference claims it was the 2017 Brewers who got the idea rolling mid-season, then it really picked up traction when the 2018 Rays went with it long-term. It also had use in the 2018 postseason.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Parrotine posted:

On the other hand, if the Braves take it, their win will come out as a HUGE underdog win with their overall season being pretty mediocre, but they've donned the most racist name in baseball history for decades, have an owner that flat refuses to change it, racist chops and all, and on top of it all they get a rousing approval from the former president who almost pulled off a coop on our functioning democracy.

Atlanta's only had the most racist name in MLB since July 23. December 13, 2020 at the latest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

If Atlanta closes it out tonight is there an obvious choice for series MVP barring somebody separating himself tonight?

Soler?