Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Does Vegas take bets on over/under for game length? I think I'd take the over no matter what for tonight's AL Wildcard game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1445544684982472706

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
I'm gonna start calling singles off the wall "Stantonian Home Runs".

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
My rooting order would be:
  • 1. White Sox
  • 2. Giants
  • 3. Rays
  • 4. Dodgers
  • 5. Red Sox
  • 6. Braves
  • 7. Astros
  • 8. Brewers
  • 9. Cardinals

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

No Safe Word posted:

Man, how can you put the Brewers below the Astros?

Because gently caress the Brewers :colbert:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
On one hand, gently caress the Cardinals. I never want to see them win.

On the other, it would be extremely funny if the Dodgers won 106 games and then got booted in the WC game.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
I just realized the Dodgers have multiple players named Max

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Magic is never afraid to say what we're all thinking.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Sydin posted:

Teams love to have a guy in the post season who can PR in big moments. If things go right Hamilton will never see a single AB and will just be a guy to come in late and swipe second.

Basically Dave Roberts in 2004.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
The best part of this postseason for me has been social media reminding me of posts I made 5 years ago during the Cubs' World Series run. :unsmith:

5 years ago today was this game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bySJ3BX_1fY

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

more falafel please posted:

The weirdest homer in history. "Oh poo poo, that's on Waveland" to "oh my god that's gonna die before the track" to "holy poo poo i love the basket" in 2 seconds

I was in the stands and remember it being chilly and windy. Javy hit it HARD into the teeth of that wind and it was just barely enough to get into the basket.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
I love being able to watch 4 MLB playoff games back to back. :dance:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Popete posted:

Upper 50s

Yeah but the wind makes it feel like the lower 50s!

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

GoatSeeGuy posted:

Shoulda read that label that said for 9th inning use only for Kimbrel.

And with no runners on.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

My dad is a huge sox fan and he is grumbling that Kimbrel can't pitch in the vastly superior American League lmao.

hahaha

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Kris Bryant and Tommy LaStella went a combined 5-5 tonight with a walk and a homer. Go (former) Cubs go :sax:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

JosefStalinator posted:

The Giants being blessed by the presence of Barrold has convinced me that they will win this series.

If there's one thing Barry Bonds is known for, it's winning in the postseason.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Tweezer Reprise posted:

Yeah it’s funny, bonds contributed about as much as any player can contribute offensively to a World Series in 2002, but it just didn’t get them over the line

In 48 postseason games, Bonds slashed .245/.433/.503, which is a little worse than his career slash line of .298/.444/.607. His team in those games, however, has a record of 20-28.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Holy poo poo the Rays got jobbed by a ridiculous rule. Runner on 1st, Kiermaier hits a deep drive, it bounces off the wall, bounces off the ground, then bounces off the Red Sox outfielder into the stands. The umps get together and decide it's a regular old ground rule double and the runner at first is required to go back to third, despite him scoring on the initial play.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Yeah the umps actually got it right by the rulebook, but holy poo poo that is a stupid rule.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
This never would've happened if the Sox didn't stupidly pull Schwarber in the 8th for a pinch runner who never attempted to steal and never left first base. The beefy lad would've walked it off in the bottom of the 11th, instead of his replacement who struck out on 3 pitches. :colbert:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Pretty sure he isn't a sox fan, just a Schwarber fan.

Yeah I was rooting for the Rays to win and Schwarber to hit all the dongs.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Tomorrow is another 4-playoff-game day :circlefap:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Some Barstool dickhead confronted John Cusack, saying he wasn't allowed to cheer for the White Sox, so John Cusack asked him some White Sox trivia and the guy had no idea.

https://twitter.com/barstoolchicago/status/1447351741498990597

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Feels Villeneuve posted:

im always confused by this genre of video where people just post themselves getting Owned. You get a lot of anti-mask people shooting videos of this in stores too

The top reply sums it up nicely

https://twitter.com/Pliny_theElder/status/1447375939726462978

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

STAC Goat posted:

And obviously this sort of thing happens with ground rule doubles all the time and its always kinda bs. But its just elevated by the stakes and circumstances.

But at least with most ground rule doubles, the ball never touches a player. In last night's case, the ball never would've ended up in the stands had it not hit the outfielder first.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Intruder posted:

Dusty threw some shade by saying he doesn't know who Tepera is

He probably should since he's the guy who threw two perfect innings against his team yesterday.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Just realized there's a sort of Chekov's gun situation that will let us know when Atlanta's about to be eliminated. At some point, Joc has to have those pearls break and scatter all over the place, so until that happens, you know they have to live another day.

Close, but it won't be Joc's pearls, it will be the bat he took from Anthony Rizzo shattering.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
As long as any player from the 2017 roster, none of who received any sort of punishment for what they did, remains on the team, Astros fans should expect nothing but loathing from any other baseball fan. No one is going to just forget about it because it was four years ago. Players who were actively involved in the scandal are still playing for the same team and the only downside for them has been they get booed more at away games.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Intruder posted:

but you've already said you don't care what anyone says you'll never let it go so :shrug:

Again, you shouldn't expect anyone to let it go while there are any players from the 2017 team still on the roster. They are still playing and never got punished for what they did. Assuming there are no trades or extensions, here's how long you should expect to wait:
  • Jose Altuve: 2025
  • Alex Bregman: 2025
  • Carlos Correa: 2022
  • Marwin Gonzalez: 2022
  • Lance McCullers: 2027
  • Yuli Gurriel: 2023 (if club option is exercised)

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
I want to know what Crawford's vertical leap was on that catch because it seems like he jumped impossibly high.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
I hope the all-cheater ALCS just has buckets of sticky stuff on the mound, batters wearing DBZ-style scanners to analyze pitches as they come in, corked bats, and used syringes discarded across the field. Just really lean into it.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
"Dishonest" is actually pretty tame when you're talking about the Astros.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
The fact that it was Hader giving up the winning homer and Yelich making the final out makes it even better.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Tatsuta Age posted:

are we watching different freddie freeman? he shoots the poo poo with literally every batter that gets to first, dude is downright jovial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paaFLpJg79o

Freddie is great and he & Rizzo are best buds :3:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

thehoodie posted:

How has Atlanta baseball team avoided the controversy of Cleveland and the Washington football team?

It hasn't, but they don't have a racist caricature as a logo and they live in a place with a lot more people who are willing to defend it.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Next year I'm gonna put money on the opposite of all Ben Verlander's picks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Oh god drat it I just realized there are no games tomorrow. :negative: