Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Jolo posted:

I've got an MLBTV sub but the wildcard game tonight is on ESPN so it'll be blacked out there. Can a VPN in a non-espn broadcast area allow me to watch the game on MLBTV or am I outta luck?

You would have to get the postseason package and then also use a VPN. Yes, it's incredibly stupid.

e: honestly if you really want to watch the playoffs and don't wanna dick around with VPNs too much, just get YouTube TV for a month. They've got a free trial for a week or two, then it'd be $65 and the base package includes all the channels you'll need

camoseven fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Oct 5, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Jolo posted:

Pffffttttttfffffffttttttttt

Thanks for the response but also

Faaarrrrrrrtttttt

Yea, see my edit for another (more expensive) solution.

I hope MLB is looking at these stupid streaming and blackout restrictions, but I think the last thing I saw is that they massively hosed up the last contract round cause they didn't expect streaming to take off. At least the NFL is trying to fix their streaming issues this off-season (though I'm quite certain the resulting package will be in the several hundred dollar range)

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Slimy Hog posted:

So if you don't have cable, you HAVE to pay for cable (or I guess youtube tv?) on top of paying for MLB's "postseason" package? Does MLB know how much eaiser it is to google "mlb streams" than deal with that bullshit?

No it's one or the other: postseason plan + VPN or just get YouTube TV

(or :filez:)

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Can't believe I've gotta wait nearly 6 more hours to watch baseball again, ugh!!!

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

MerklesBoner posted:

Wait, so are you saying that if I’ve had an active subscription all season, I have to buy the postseason package as a separate thing to watch the playoffs? Because I would expect they’re selling that as a prorated subscription for people who haven’t bought in yet this year, which has always been the case in the past.

As long as you’re subscribed and have a VPN, you should be good to go.

Oh looking at it again, I think you're right. It's been quite a while since I tried watching the postseason on MLB.tv, and they charged me extra. But it looks like if you use an international VPN with an existing MLB.tv sub you might be ok now

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
I just wanna see some good NL baseball. Gimme a pitcher dinger and a double switch, baby!! Woooo yea!!!!!!

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

elentar posted:

yeah I wish Albies had held out for more but I also understand taking the guaranteed payday that will take care of your family for life. Really just taking advantage of people whose countries our own has dedicated itself to destroying.

America sucks but I'm not aware of any specifically anti-Curaçaoan policies

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

bawfuls posted:

Why didn't we think of this sooner?? It's perfect.

https://twitter.com/RuthKapelus/status/1445826511399907333

I endorse the hell out of this plan

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

Hella happy, but why a Monday?

Probably a pandemic reschedule. My cousin is actually getting married the same day!!

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

mcmagic posted:

Almost like divisions are stupid!

You're stupid!!!!!

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Dinosaurs! posted:

I got home with a newborn on Tuesday and had given up on being able to watch the game. Found a moment to pull it up on my phone while helping the little guy back to sleep, right as Taylor came up to bat.

Also beginning to think I have The Power.

1) congrats!!!
2) phone streaming west coast and aussie sports all night while my baby slept on my lap is maybe the only thing that kept me sane during the fourth trimester

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Gerblederp posted:

Enough of my life is controlled by algorithms, give me incompetent old narcissists calling balls and strikes.

:agreed:

Mr. Fix It posted:

umps are cops and should not be allowed to collectively bargain

:agreed:

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

LeeMajors posted:

Having watched ~12hrs of maddeningly halting CFB yesterday with them reviewing like every single play, I’ll take the mistakes as a matter of course just to keep the game watchable.

I went to a college field hockey game yesterday and they have video review in that, too! It's a scourge!!!

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

I like video review, but it should either a) be an immediate decision to challenge (like in tennis) or b) an actual penalty for requesting it and losing. I really don't like how on every close play the broadcast goes to the manager holding his hand up in a "wait a second" position while someone in a TV booth somewhere watches every replay.

Yea tennis (and cricket usually) does an OK job at it, it's pretty quick and the decisions they're looking at can be figured out by looking at physics instead of a million camera angles that turn into just another judgment call

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Bird in a Blender posted:

I’m not complaining because I’m not playing the game, but it seems a little ridiculous for MLB to have a playoff game start at 11 EST. Regular season games usually don’t start that early, but it’s fine for the playoffs I guess.

The games don't start til 1pm eastern today

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Barstool loving sucks

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
I'm deeply unhappy about the teams that are left in the playoffs. I'm just rooting for meteors now

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Tatsuta Age posted:

I know you're hurt right now, but you should come around and cheer for Americas Team

A Large Meteor??

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Kirios posted:

Friend what do I have to do to get you to root for the Astros?

$1000, I accept PayPal or Venmo

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Sab0921 posted:

Lance McCullers is likely done for the postseason - or so says Astros twitter.

Oh sure, wait to shut him down til after he beats the only cool team left!!

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Intruder posted:

The offense can't score 10 runs every game

Why not?

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
I saw the replay just now and from the way people are moaning about it I expected it to be a much more clear cut bad call. That's easily a 50/50 call and if it didn't happen when it did no one would be talking about it (also if he called it the other way and the Giants walked off then people would still be mad)

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Anyway I hope the Braves win cause they're extremely racist and it would be funny to see the articles about why Cleveland and the WFT had to change but Atlanta doesn't for some reason

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
If the Dodgers wanted home field advantage they should have beaten the Giants more often and won their division. It's not complicated!

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Tatsuta Age posted:

what's unlikable about a scrappy group of young upstarts, the real America's Team since the mid 80s, the Atlanta Braves? (honest question)

All the racism is pretty off putting imho

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Craptacular! posted:

Considering I've read hot takes from people who think the umpires are unfair to the Braves as a punishment for Georgia's voter suppression, I'm pretty much Atlanta/Houston now because it means either result causes a bunch of overreactions from somebody. A Houston win will aggravate the church of baseball, while an Atlanta win will be held up as proof of triumph over some vaguely defined conspiracy by the sorts of people who thought the election was stolen.

I like this and am on board

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

kaworu posted:

Weell, just had listen to my roommate who is currently in the process of breaking up with my other roommate cry and complain about him for an hour :v: Being the third person in a house with two other people at the end of an 8-year-relationship isn't easy

Oooh the area code game!

Is this about the Astros

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Whoever posted about the shallow depth of field camera angles in these playoff games is a loving rear end in a top hat cause now I can't stop seeing and noticing and being annoyed by it

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Intruder posted:

Weirdly the thing that stood out to me in the defector article was that she keeps a scoresheet while watching games on tv. Who does that in the age you can hop on bbref?

Let people enjoy things

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Play it at the Iowa cornfield stadium

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Hmm tomorrow is my last day at my current job and my new one doesn't start til Monday, so as long as they don't need a game 6 or 7 I can be blackout drunk the entire World Series and not have to remember watching two teams I hate. Nice!!

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
There's only ONE ring that I respect:

mod edit: removed goatse.png

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
I got a covid booster today and I've got a real arm barn

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
I hope they let Trump throw the first pitch but then he just doesn't leave the mound and throws all the rest of the pitches for both teams. I wanna see dingers!!!

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Imagine believing anything Maggie Haberman tweets lmfao

E: hm this isn't cspam but y'all started it so I'm leaving it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
I hope the Astros win today and lose tomorrow