Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I don't think I'm ever going to pay someone to make me a hot dog outside of a baseball game tbh, I don't care what you do with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The guy who founded GarfieldEATS is angry at A&W because he says there was a staple in his burger.

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

The guy who founded GarfieldEATS is angry at A&W because he says there was a staple in his burger.

conflict of interest

flashy_mcflash posted:

I don't think I'm ever going to pay someone to make me a hot dog outside of a baseball game tbh, I don't care what you do with it.

yeah ultimately i didn't care enough to get one. what about those little street side carts though. those can be worth it imo

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
$4 teen burgers. :letsgo:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I had an elastic in my pizza once, probably not coincidentally being one of the worst I've ever had, entirely removed from that.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Womblemania
Sep 4, 2022

by Hand Knit
as a canadian i can confirm this place is OK.

----------------

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
The Whistle Dog was good when it was a regular but infrequently ordered item, the wieners would sit on the grill all day and get nicely cooked. For the reboot they are barely kissed by the griddle so you're essentially eating a raw hot dog with cheese, bacon, and not nearly enough relish on an outsized bun. :effort:

----------------

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

Womblemania posted:

as a canadian i can confirm this place is OK.

shut up bitch. a&w is insanely good.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

Grandma Panic!
Nov 4, 2006
:stare:

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
atdt16082334828

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

Philthy posted:

atdt16082334828

This.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Consuming a grandpa burger w/extra pickles and an onion ring 4th patty is the emotional and physical equivalent of a Tetris

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Gotta get the extra cheese, a slice per patty is the golden ratio.

These chicken nuggets sure aren’t very good, are they? They can go away any time now, I suspect it’s taking extra long to run out of their stock of them.

----------------

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

EEKA GEEK posted:

Gotta get the extra cheese, a slice per patty is the golden ratio.

These chicken nuggets sure aren’t very good, are they? They can go away any time now, I suspect it’s taking extra long to run out of their stock of them.

I didn't trust em the moment they came on the menu lol. My fast food instincts, sharpened as always *proceeds to purchase 5th Subway Regret Sandwich*

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I haven't had them but that's disappointing. Usually their chicken stuff is pretty good.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I went to an A&W place in Vancouver in 2017 near the main subway/ferry station and the floors were completely sticky.

WineChiller
Dec 19, 2022
Here's a couple secrets from a retired veteran of the grill at A&W.
Teen sauce is mayo
Mozza sauce is thousand island dressing

Teen, mozza, cheese, and plain were the only beef burgers on the menu when I worked there, and chubby chicken hadn't appeared either, so I can't fill you in on any of those.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
They took the root beer tapper out of the local A&W, and now it's just part of the fountain machine. Who came up with the bright idea to remove the one iconic thing that people went to A&W for.

Also, $6 for a $1 gas station hot dog. What the gently caress A&W.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I literally was just in a&w today and noticed the exact same thing. Disgusting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lavender Spliffs
Nov 12, 2023

The chubby chicken burger sauce is hellmans mayo. There was a chicken grill with honey mustard at some point that was really good. I miss the whistle dog, but you had to get it fresh. The places i worked at would cook 2-4 of them before lunch and hold them for hours.

Does anyone remember the pink cream soda? I would do terrible things for a bottle of that.

No, the vanilla cream soda they sell in the US is NOT the same thing!