Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
I’m surprised it took this long for people to realize that Rudy is manipulating an unregulated market. He’s been doing this since the beginning. Hell he compared himself to the Wolf of Wall Street and clearly quit his own Wall Street job because of regulations. I’m constantly baffled when I see discussions from other FLGS owners thinking Rudy is helping them in any way.

The biggest giveaway for his manipulation for me was MTG Iconic Masters a few years ago. It came out in December and content creators put a ton of effort into talking the set down and devaluing it. Suddenly a bunch of game stores are panicking because they’re on the hook for some big bills for an unpopular Magic set.

Well don’t worry because uncle Rudy to the rescue. He puts out a video offering to buy an unlimited number of Iconic Masters boxes for $5 over cost to bail out these poor game stores. Wow what a buddy! He saved Christmas!

A year later iconic masters spiked like crazy and it turns out it was a great set with plenty of value the whole time.

He did something similar with Kaladesh inventions cards, called them trash for a year and whoops lol they’re actually super valuable who knew? His scams are so obvious but people eat it up anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Did they actually promise their cards would be in print indefinitely?

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Did nerds on Usenet get upset when MTG Unlimited was only in print for a year back in ‘94?

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Lmao if your example is FFGs incredible track record of keeping their LCGs in print and easily available at all times. At no point this year have I been able to stock all 6 mythos packs of a given cycle at the same time.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

You could always fire up another thead for FAB fans and discussion of the actual game, but I imagine the finance drama will leak into that pretty quickly. Doesn't hurt to try though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

ShaneB posted:

Sometimes I'd really rather see that than what I see in the magic threads.

What do you see in the magic threads? I haven't ventured into one of those in years.