Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ayin
Jan 6, 2010

Have a great day.

Sir Bobert Fishbone posted:

There's a lot of music on 78rpm records that doesn't really exist anywhere electronically, which means they run the risk of being lost or nearly inaccessible to anyone without a physical copy of the record. When I find that one of my records doesn't have a presence online, I rip it myself and post it to my YouTube playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL9AR7WdrQg&list=PLY_7vE78x3GfGRn0iIkqIGE8QiU9BZNFF
Nice work! I once found at a thrift store a stack of Vocal Record Collectors' Society annual CDs, where the most tech-minded takes requests and records from the other members, rips them, and puts them on disc. I really admire that.

I then went on an hyperfocus bender, looking up information about the tracks. I still ended up with no information on a couple compositions, possibly due to inconsistent translations or straight-up typos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU