Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
if we can split the earth's mantle with a few thousand simultaneous hydrogen bomb explosions deep in the crust, the resulting apocalyptic lava eruption could very well seal in the entire area and the water would all turn to steam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
I’m a space pump engineer with a secondary specialty in core pumping

I’m pretty sure we can solve this water problem with pumps

Boner M
Sep 21, 2021

by Hand Knit

Lord Decimus Barnacle posted:

So should we pump it to the core then?

This would be good in conjunction with the engineering marvel of making the worlds largest bamboo steamer.

Kablammo
Oct 23, 2010
I propose running a pipeline downhill from the gulf of Mexico to just south of Chicago. We won't get a complete drain of the gulf, but we will increase the arable land by about 40%. We will also wipe out most of the midwest. Win/win.

Kablammo fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Oct 15, 2021

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Lord Decimus Barnacle posted:

So should we pump it to the core then?

I don't think we can actually do that

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
Through pumps, all things are possible

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

hold on chief, calling a guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sBFkfcB8WA

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Kablammo posted:

I propose running a pipeline downhill from the gulf of Mexico to just south of Chicago. We won't get a complete drain of the gulf, but we will increase the arable land by about 40%. We will also wipe out most of the midwest. Win/win.

maybe we should just make the Chicago river change direction again. Didn't hurt me last time we did that

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
How many beavers do you have access to, OP? I have an idea

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Just asking how much would it cost to annex the beach of cuba

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

SRQ posted:

we'll use paper mache instead.

Okay but make sure to put the funnies on top, I don't wanna be staring at any letters to the editor while we're working.

gently caress Jersey. They don't loving count.

duddits
Dec 22, 2009
uh you guys are dumb. just wait til winter when it freezes then fly it off with some helicopters.

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

humpthewind posted:

How many beavers do you have access to, OP? I have an idea

Approved, 100 billion budgeted.

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

Crimson Harvest posted:

Just asking how much would it cost to annex the beach of cuba

we gave the shadow council of Cuba some bourbon for it already.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Drop OP’s mom in the Gulf to displace all the water.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I wanna help and I've got a big roll of paper towels. Like industrial size.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

Sid Vicious posted:

i saw we hire a lot of guys to drink it all up with straws

lol no way, straws are terrible for the environment. they can end up in the water, and—

oh. hm. ok we can do the straw thing

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

What if we just raise the height of the United States, then create a sort of "land bridge" over the Gulf? Seems like that might help with the water table or something, I don't know.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

I'll dig the trench through Tennessee and Georgia to reroute the Mississippi River, so it doesn't just refill.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Just keep dropping nukes in the middle of it until all the water evaporates, amateurs

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

kdrudy posted:

I'll dig the trench through Tennessee and Georgia to reroute the Mississippi River, so it doesn't just refill.

we already did this once with the Chicago river. It did not go well

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

kdrudy posted:

You're thinking too small. Reverse the flow of the Mississippi so it does the draining of the gulf for us!

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

If we just drop enough concrete down there then we’re bound to have a good sea wall eventually. I’ve got a buddy we can subcontract here, he does good work

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Lemme just finish up performing this nuclear experiment with a screwdriver and I’ll be right over to help.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

A Fancy Hat posted:

What if we just raise the height of the United States, then create a sort of "land bridge" over the Gulf? Seems like that might help with the water table or something, I don't know.

Finally someone with a good non-pump idea

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Well one thing is for sure, we need to use nukes to carve the foundation of the dam.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Lemme just finish up performing this nuclear experiment with a screwdriver and I’ll be right over to help.

I know you were joking, but this is probably how it happened in the 40s

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Dislodge Cuba and push it in between the Yucatan peninsula and Florida.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Let's assume that the Gulf is a sphere...

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

The problem is you're not factoring in the rain that's going to refill the gulf. We need a giant umbrella to stop that, otherwise we're right back where we started.

Actually, scratch that, what if we build a giant "roof" and have a gutter system direct that water towards the Atlantic?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

A Fancy Hat posted:

The problem is you're not factoring in the rain that's going to refill the gulf. We need a giant umbrella to stop that, otherwise we're right back where we started.

Actually, scratch that, what if we build a giant "roof" and have a gutter system direct that water towards the Atlantic?

there's no rain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qVPNONdF58

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

ok so, i just called nestle and told them they can't have any of that water, it'll be drained in a week.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I know you were joking, but this is probably how it happened in the 40s

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demon_core

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

lots of people died to kill lots of people

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
demon core would be a kick rear end punk band name

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

obviously the USA will need to invade and occupy cuba for this to work.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Let's think outside the box. What if instead of damming the gulf, we dam the Mississippi and prevent it from filling the gulf?

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Does anyone know if bugs bunny is available?

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Erode more of the ozone layer right above the gulf so the sun can evaporate that spot better.

Really you're wasting your money here OP just be patient.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
1) Use 1/3 of trillion dollar budget to purchase sovereignty of Gulf Islands from Canada with a guarantee of protection. Bequeath them to Mexico.
2) Use 1/3 on Facebook ads to convince USA and Russia to conquer Mexico. Gulf of Mexico renamed Gulf of West Belgorod.
3) Gulf Islands are now Mexico's only Gulf. Use 1/3 budget on a few km of seawall and a load of Orbeez.

Xaintrailles fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Oct 16, 2021