Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

henry fumbled a lot one year but stopped kind of like how kickers are great and then unplayable and then great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Remember when the Titans were shopping Derrick Henry because they signed Patriot Way knower Dion Lewis?

Seems like they dodged one there.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Diva Cupcake posted:

Remember when the Titans were shopping Derrick Henry because they signed Patriot Way knower Dion Lewis?

Seems like they dodged one there.

No that never happened lol

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Metapod posted:

No that never happened lol
It was Mort! Has to be true.

https://www.musiccitymiracles.com/2018/11/4/18061482/report-titans-tried-to-trade-derrick-henry-at-the-trade-deadline

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

Derrick Henry sucked his first 1.5 years.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

half cocaine posted:

Derrick Henry sucked his first 1.5 years.

Marshawn was pretty mediocre in his years with the Bills!

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

agree

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

tiki barber always sucked his whole career

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Henry wasn't bad he was extremely frustrating and passive

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

Ronde was the superior Barber imo

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Metapod posted:

Sounds like a bad running back to me

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Metapod posted:

I don't know how much of Henry's improvement was like one convo with Eddie George but, https://www.tennesseetitans.com/news/tough-love-eddie-george-lit-a-fire-under-titans-rb-derrick-henry-and-he-s-been-a

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

Why doesn't it? I mean with the improvements we've made to the passing scheme we would win a game like that now. Look at the Denver game. And many others this year.

Both times we've faced Buffalo with Lamar they have managed to shut down our running game even though they don't have a great run D on paper. Even in 2019 where we were really firing on all cylinders. And this caused us major problems because even though they weren't doing much in the playoff game offensively we couldn't take advantage of that ourselves. But now that the Texans took Culley from us and the team seems to have taken criticism of their passing schemes to heart they have actually made an effort to improve that. So you see things like the Denver game or even the Colts game where our run game is not effective but we actually have a plan B that we executed. So many Ravens losses over the years have come in this sort of game and just now we are finally seeing the team come up with a counter by using our talent.

i'm not reading all that. your thesis was that 'we would have won that game if it was this year' which is a pointless statement. there's no certainty that the defense stops the bills offense in the same way as the playoff game. there's no certainty that the ravens offense doesn't just go cold like it did for the playoff game. the offensive line is still starting villenueva and mekari as tackles.

its just vacuous. 'the game wouldve been different if it was this year'. yeah of course. even if it was a shutout again, it might be a different kind of shutout. and if we were to travel back in time red alert 1 style and erase david culley from the 2020 ravens, well, now you're just writing fanfiction.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Borsche69 posted:

its just vacuous. 'the game wouldve been different if it was this year'. yeah of course. even if it was a shutout again, it might be a different kind of shutout. and if we were to travel back in time red alert 1 style and erase david culley from the 2020 ravens, well, now you're just writing fanfiction.

Which future genocidal empire is David Culley going to create?

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

cheesetriangles posted:

Which future genocidal empire is David Culley going to create?

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

and the memories come flooding back

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Borsche69 posted:

i'm not reading all that. your thesis was that 'we would have won that game if it was this year' which is a pointless statement. there's no certainty that the defense stops the bills offense in the same way as the playoff game. there's no certainty that the ravens offense doesn't just go cold like it did for the playoff game. the offensive line is still starting villenueva and mekari as tackles.

This is the exact thing you and others saw as a big issue last year that was highlighted by the Kurt Warner video that has been shown on video and stats to be working much better this year. In 2019 we only beat Buffalo because Allen hadn't taken his great leap yet--otherwise we get blown out in that game.

All I am saying is that we can win those types of games now more reliably where our running game isn't working as well and you take some dumb issue with it that overanalyzes and misses the point completely.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Derrick Henry kinda suckes and then he suddenly had a game where he flattened the Jaguars. It was like watching a steamroller crush a bunch of canned hams and it turned him into the man he is today and the Jaguars all died.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

It was amazing how fast he ran away from DBs after contact on that long TD run yesterday.

He hit the highest speed of any NFL player this year on that run, too.

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

I love the Derrick Henry just clowns secondaries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wWJqRPOvlk&t=12s

Yeah eat poo poo josh norman and earl thomas

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

lmaoooo here's Henry posterizing Jamal Adams while at Alabama and LSU.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wWJqRPOvlk&t=268s

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Quiet Feet posted:

Derrick Henry kinda suckes and then he suddenly had a game where he flattened the Jaguars. It was like watching a steamroller crush a bunch of canned hams and it turned him into the man he is today and the Jaguars all died.

Yeah, I remember watching that game. It's like someone stuck some Energizer batteries in him and he just never stopped going

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Edit: this is not the N/V thread.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Yeah, I remember watching that game. It's like someone stuck some Energizer batteries in him and he just never stopped going

That game was absolutely mesmerizing. Like watching a grown man throwing around preschoolers

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Oct 20, 2021

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNi7DIgKMoQ

week 6 mic'd up. some good stuff from Cameron Heyward and Hasaan Reddick with a little Jared Goff for comedic relief

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Man including Goff after the week he had seems just kind of disrespectful.

Just because you gave him a microphone doesn't necessarily mean you have to play the recordings.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Shout out to my boy Kenny Robinson, someone mountaineers can be proud of :)

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Asproigerosis posted:

Shout out to my boy Kenny Robinson, someone mountaineers can be proud of :)

Wasn't he a proud St. Louis Battlehawk? I think he had like two picks in only a few games. Then was actually drafted into the NFL after being drafted into the XFL. What a legend

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Yeah he went to the xfl for the paycheck to help with his mom's cancer treatment.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Eifert Posting posted:

Man including Goff after the week he had seems just kind of disrespectful.

Just because you gave him a microphone doesn't necessarily mean you have to play the recordings.

Being Jared Goff must be awesome.

A few successful seasons, got paid, no pressure any more and going to wash out of the league at like 30 with hopefully minimal CTE.

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

CTE would probably be an improvement on the infinite emptiness inside Jared Goff's skull.

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

I don't think Goff is a bad guy. I just hate him as a mediocre qb. He's like a less successful west coast version of Joe Flacco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

So... not elite, then?