Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Colonel Whitey posted:

Greg's gonna make serious bank with a tell-all book deal about everything that went down

The last scene is him pitching it to HBO for a series order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica
If they follow through on the King Lear vibes from Season 1 then the children fighting over the kingdom will end up tearing it apart while the old king goes mad and blind. Greg feels like a good stand in for the fool so he'll probably be the last one at Logans side.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I’m doing a rewatch now, in preparation for the new season.

I’ve posted in here, as have many others, about Logan’s “gently caress off” that he does all the time. Everything from normal-voiced, dismissive gently caress offs to explosive, volcanic gently caress OFFs.

One thing that’s really stuck with me this time around though, is Logan’s Mmm-hmms.

Normally used when someone is saying something to him and he thinks they’re full of poo poo, or they’re saying something Logan thinks is totally preposterous, or just unacceptable.

I just love Brian Cox. And it is totally insane just how loving greet the writing on this show is.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
I've been getting into this show over the past few weeks and that culminated in binging all of season 3 in one night. Can't wait to rewatch. This has to be the best show on TV now right? The writing is brilliant.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Yes.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
The episodes are all bangers

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
The episodes are all burgers

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
This just reminded me that Spotify has the full playlist from Kendall's 40th birthday party:
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4ul5G0Xv8nGIVNDgOKhTYZ?si=TNZp2-sBSyKW_-pnTL2t5A

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

mutantIke posted:

The episodes are all burgers

They should be raked over the coals

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
The more stories come out about the cast and composer not knowing this was the final season until they got the finale script, the more this seems unplanned. Brian Cox seems to be a lot more crotchety lately, so I wonder if he decided he was done, and that is why they ended it. HBO themselves didn’t even start marketing it as the final season for a while after the teasers started to come out.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Sepinwall’s pre-air review talked about how there’s plenty of final season stuff even early on and Armstrong has said a lot over the years about it being four seasons max, I definitely don’t think it was a sudden decision at all.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I bet it’s just Jeremy being method again. The ending takes Kendall completely by surprise so no one told him either

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

sticksy posted:

This just reminded me that Spotify has the full playlist from Kendall's 40th birthday party:
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4ul5G0Xv8nGIVNDgOKhTYZ?si=TNZp2-sBSyKW_-pnTL2t5A

"Don't Gas Me" is so loving catchy.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I think there'll be some finality to it, maybe in the same way (or hopefully better) that Breaking Bad S4 finale had, and they just decided they were going to leave it there.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
can someone give me some info on Jeremy Strong being a douche bag? Maybe highlights of the New Yorker article so I don't have to read it all

edit: Okay I got through it all. It was exhausting. I dunno, is it weird that I feel bad for him?

escape artist fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Mar 22, 2023

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Marathoned all three seasons a few months back, when ever I see Kendall all I can see is the mascot from Blue Mountain State

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

escape artist posted:

can someone give me some info on Jeremy Strong being a douche bag? Maybe highlights of the New Yorker article so I don't have to read it all

edit: Okay I got through it all. It was exhausting. I dunno, is it weird that I feel bad for him?

I think that’s the natural takeaway from his pointless tortured soul act that he apparently can’t turn off.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

a sexual elk posted:

Marathoned all three seasons a few months back, when ever I see Kendall all I can see is the mascot from Blue Mountain State

I just found this, ha.

https://workretiredie.com/2019/12/05/investigative-report-is-living-with-yourself-paul-rudds-confession-that-he-is-a-real-life-clone/

:tinfoil:

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

TyrantWD posted:

The more stories come out about the cast and composer not knowing this was the final season until they got the finale script, the more this seems unplanned. Brian Cox seems to be a lot more crotchety lately, so I wonder if he decided he was done, and that is why they ended it. HBO themselves didn’t even start marketing it as the final season for a while after the teasers started to come out.

Back during Season 3 and the show's bigger breakout success, there was an interview with Cox about how many seasons were left and he said it was still up in the air between one or two more, but that the important thing was not to go on too long (he was also paraphrasing Armstrong in that).

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

succession’s back in less than a week but my current preoccupation is the notion that matt mcfadyen would slay the role of middle-aged morrissey in a hypothetical biopic

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_AbzFADBEc

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

escape artist posted:

People trying to paint Jeremy Strong as the same kind of douche bag method actor as Jared Leto always felt silly to me. Worst he ever did was the time he asked to be tear gassed for real during a scene and was told no because it would also endanger a bunch of extras and even that came across more as oblivious than anything (it's not like he insisted afterwards).

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Wow, that scene swap was incredible. Not necessarily the swap itself but how well it highlights just how specific and nuanced each of their actual performances are on the show, and how many subtle choices they each made in the scene that make it work so well. They are each perfect for their characters.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I don't think Strong comes of a douchebag per se, I just think he sounds incredibly exhausting to be around.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

christmas boots posted:

I don't think Strong comes of a douchebag per se, I just think he sounds incredibly exhausting to be around.

Yeah everyone seems more concerned about him than annoyed

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Gonna make a season 4 thread today!

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

christmas boots posted:

I could watch him run down the street and break his foot all day.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
NEW THREAD: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4027843

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

Well it turns out I have been pronouncing Tom's actor name wrong for the past 4 years.

Macfadyen, not Macfayden.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Yeah, me too. I’ve been pronouncing it wrong and reading it wrong for years.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Same with me and Mariska Hargitay.

Forever, I thought it was Hart-i-gay. Nope!

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Gerri? Been sent anything funny lately?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

kanonvandekempen posted:

Well it turns out I have been pronouncing Tom's actor name wrong for the past 4 years.

Macfadyen, not Macfayden.
I had one of these moments with NBA star Dwyane Wade. well, it's still pronounced the same. It's just... spelled that way for some reason