Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

For anyone here following the tremendously captivating Alex Jones dumpster fire of a trial...

https://twitter.com/MNateShyamalan/status/1554922604619866112?t=gqIgfEe20ii79yu54B-4Fw&s=19

His body language was so good.

Edit: Roman’s, not AJ’s lawyer (I’m guessing)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Wow, I thought the last episode was going to be everyone dealing with Kendall's death.

My prediction from the start was that Waystar Royco would end up being picked apart by vulture capitalists and lose any semblance of being a family company, but I figured that it would be happening over Logan's dead body.

DurosKlav posted:

So like his character on the show. Claims to be an activist but when it comes time to prove it he does a little as possible. Of all things going on in this country right now, thats what he wants to protest, loving plant based milk? Oh no his coffee might cost 15 cents more.
To me the main thing Logan and Ewan have in common is that they have no compunction about using other people, but take it personally (or at least make a big show of pretending to take it personally) when others behave the same way.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Aug 12, 2022

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
What are your blokes thoughts on Dasha from Red Scares character Comfry being written out of the new season

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I sure wouldn’t want to hang around the Roys any more after her s3 experiences with Kendall, so seems fair

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Wizard Master posted:

What are your blokes thoughts on Dasha from Red Scares character Comfry being written out of the new season

It's a bloody disgrace is what it is. Her character added literally nothing to the show though and the most entertaining thing the actor did for Succession was the additional melodrama she gave to Brian Cox's award speech.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Doesn't she hang out with the likes of Steve Bannon and Alex Jones though?

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG

Wizard Master posted:

I had to Google who this was and when I saw a picture still didn't know who it was, so :shrug:

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Oh dasha isn't in S4? That's a shame, I liked her in it. Much much more than red scare which I listened to for a wee while before clicking that I actually loathe the dirtbag left people. But somehow I feel she works in this show, a show full of characters I enjoy hate watching hmm.

Doing a rewatch of random episodes and noticed the eldest son, forgot his name, always quotes ww2 poo poo like mother fricking Peep Show Mark. And also, I think it's going to end, at least tonally, with the main characters in the same way as pp. Roman is going to van it to Macedonia.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
What age is Connor Roy supposed to be? Jeremy Strong (Ken) is 40 but Alan Ruck (Connor) is like 66 and only ten years younger than Brian Cox (Logan).

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Bedshaped posted:

What age is Connor Roy supposed to be? Jeremy Strong (Ken) is 40 but Alan Ruck (Connor) is like 66 and only ten years younger than Brian Cox (Logan).

50s was my guess

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Wizard Master posted:

Greg seemed to be trying to "upgrade" from her already as part of his fall into depravity. So it seems to fit where S3 was going.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Bedshaped posted:

Connor's had a lot of stress in his day. Logan didn't take kindly to him absolutely wrecking his car, and he also married the first woman he slept with, and she treated him like poo poo.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Wizard Master posted:

Fitting punishment for breaking Adam Friedland's beautiful heart

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Wizard Master posted:

she's too big for this show

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Greg once again at odds with his grandfather over becoming a “tradcath.”

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Bedshaped posted:

I think the thread discussed this before, as it has confused me too. I think there's at least a 10 year age gap between Connor and Kendall.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Connor is from his first marriage, all of the other kids are from the second

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Kendall: 40
guessing their ages:
Connor: 54
Shiv: 36
Roman Roy: 34
Greg Hirsch:31

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Greg reads as younger than 30 but who knows how long he was bumbling around before getting involved with the Roy side.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
He goes by Gregory now.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
When is this show coming back anyway

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
At the beginning of the series I assumed Kendall was in his late 40s and Connor his late 50s. Made sense since Logan is 80, right?

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

prom candy posted:

When is this show coming back anyway

Q1 2023 seems to be the most common guess

They filmed it in June

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

Q1 2023 seems to be the most common guess

They filmed it in June

drat that's sooner than I thought, hell yeah

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Bedshaped posted:

drat. He looks great for his age

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

drat I had no idea Ruck was that old. So he was almost 30 when he filmed Ferris Bueller!

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/dorisaurusrex/status/1580898309887397888?s=61&t=KbHocA5KX3ssMFWk728tpA

Lmao

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
There's a new short trailer (:11) for season 4 out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kXn7GhSxAk

Quick observations

- "this is not the end... we're killing the opposition!" seems to heavily imply a sale to GoJo, especially when coupled with:

- "I'm gonna build something better, faster, meaner, wilder!" is Logan talking about building a loving social media app? because lol

- "I love it here, I loving love it!" and the big monitors on the wall also implies GoJo HQ

- everyone looks loving miserable, except for Greg lol

- Tom is at Logan's right hand, and Cyd his left. Given they loving hate each other if they're co-operations officers in whatever this new thing is that'll be pretty funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKnG06-oYcg

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

ex post facho posted:

There's a new short trailer (:11) for season 4 out.

- Tom is at Logan's right hand, and Cyd his left. Given they loving hate each other if they're co-operations officers in whatever this new thing is that'll be pretty funny

I am searching my memory and finding nothing: who is Cyd? I even found a picture of her and have no idea who this is. :stare:

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Read After Burning posted:

I am searching my memory and finding nothing: who is Cyd? I even found a picture of her and have no idea who this is. :stare:

From my memory, she is an exec in their television division and Tom was clashing with her when he transferred to news.

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

Yea I get that the showrunners like the ensemble cast thing but there have been too many one line characters that are referenced like 10 episodes later that viewers are supposed to remember a deep character trait about. One of the annoying things in an otherwise fantastic show.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica
Don't look at your phone while you watch, then it's ez pz

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
We are expected to just sit there and stare at the tv?

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
That's what knitting is for

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Cael posted:

Oh so that's why Jeremy Strong is so good as Kendall, he's just completely insane.

My dear boy, why don’t you try acting?

that very same article posted:

“Basically, in order for Jeremy to have his fantasy of meeting Al Pacino play out, he nearly bankrupted a hundred-year-old college-theatre company,” an alumnus said. “But he had one wonderful night of getting to hang out with Al Pacino.”

Strong admits to being a “rogue agent” in the Pacino affair, but he doesn’t remember the cost overruns. “I never really felt accepted by the Dramat community,” he told me. Within the soap-opera bubble of college theatre, his sheer determination was polarizing. “You always had the feeling that he was operating on some level that was past the level that you were at,” another classmate recalled. “I’d never met anyone else at Yale with that careerist "

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

I'm watching some Greg n' Tom moments on YouTube and I completely forgot about Greg asking "Have you ever visited the California Pizza Kitchen?" :allears:

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

BrotherJayne posted:

My dear boy, why don’t you try acting?

Saying someone is the most careerist Yaley is like saying someone is the most smarmy tech-bro at Stanford, it means something

Propaniac
Nov 28, 2000

SUSHI ROULETTO!
College Slice
https://twitter.com/taylorgraysen/status/1596234361640198147

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe
new trailer / teaser for season four is out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWlURhM5P5Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1628932508141371392