Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.

One thing that I haven't mentioned is that this game is divided into five acts. Act one ended when we went to bed in our apartment in the second video. This video covers the end of the second act and the start of the third, act three starts when we wake up after a bit of a nap. In this video, McCoy explores DNA Row and speaks to several people associated with Tyrell to gather more information on the Nexus-6. A lot happens in this video in a very short amount of time and it's also very plot and dialogue-heavy.

I was almost tempted to do a re-recording as I have a habit of talking and clicking on things at the same time, I also clicked on McCoy while trying to move him around and ended up bringing up the KIA. Nothing major but I do like to try to give some semblance that I'm a professional who knows what I'm doing and am prone to re-record if I feel like a recording could be going better. I like the randomness of this game and these were two moments that lined up nicely at the start of the video that I wanted to keep: The guy in the red suit is called Gordo, in my practice run and a scrapped recording he was completely silent when I clicked on him, during this occasion he decided to actually stop and talk. It was also my first time seeing Gaff walking around too.

I do want to talk more about the "Questionables" but I really don't want to spoil anything. If anyone has any theories then please feel free to share your thoughts. I'll try to upload some more character profiles over the weekend.

Kibayasu posted:

Is Bob's reaction to Izo just controlled by the order of who you speak to? There's a pretty stark difference between both videos.

I apologise for not answering this in my original reply, I kinda got side-tracked with the "Player Mode" pictures. I've just reloaded both of the save files for the third update. I flew directly to Animoid Row, spoke to the vendors in order outside and then visited Bob and spoke to him about "Weapons". He gave me the exact same responses that you saw in each of the playthroughs. I wonder whether his reaction is determined by whether Izo is a replicant or not, when I start the third playthrough I'll test this theory out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

You know its easy to forget Blade Runner is set in 2019 until a line like "Sinatra has been dead for 20 years" happens or someone mentioning spinsters.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Kibayasu posted:

You know its easy to forget Blade Runner is set in 2019 until a line like "Sinatra has been dead for 20 years" happens or someone mentioning spinsters.

Curious thing is that the writers kind of took a guess that Sinatra would be dead for 20 years at that point. The game was released months before Sinatra died (and probably the dialogue was written way earlier than that too).

Also, as it's brought up in this episode during the Moraji incident, the game gives you opportunities to play McCoy as a real jerk. And usually it's irrelevant of the chosen "mood". He can be a horrible person. But, I kind of love these little extra stuff that they put in there; some of these chances I didn't even discover until only a couple years ago (...). And, in a future version of the restored content McCoy will also be able to "retire" Sebastian's friends.

Something I'm still puzzled about is McCoy consistently introducing himself as "LPD". Shouldn't it be "LAPD"? My theory is that it's some kind of homage to the early Sierra's Police Quest games, where the main character, Sonny Bonds works for "LPD", California, with "L" standing for "Lytton". With Jim Walls working on this game too, it could be a possibility, albeit a bit farfetched perhaps.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
I've yet to record the Sympathizer video but I have been testing some things out. There isn't going to be a whole lot of difference between the recordings of both runs/ I can do things slightly out of sequence by visiting Chew first and then returning to him after the Dermo Design incident to trigger a couple of more lines. I can leave Moraji and just run the hell out of there, it doesn't accomplish anything but it's a different scenario. There are more options when we speak to Sebastian before we're cut short, but some of them trigger Sebastian's distrust as soon as we talk about them. I can ask him an additional question that I didn't before but asking him about Runciter or Nexus-6 makes him cut things short like it did when I asked about the Twins.

Kibayasu posted:

AbstractNapper posted:

Curious thing is that the writers kind of took a guess that Sinatra would be dead for 20 years at that point. The game was released months before Sinatra died (and probably the dialogue was written way earlier than that too).

Also, as it's brought up in this episode during the Moraji incident, the game gives you opportunities to play McCoy as a real jerk. And usually it's irrelevant of the chosen "mood". He can be a horrible person. But, I kind of love these little extra stuff that they put in there; some of these chances I didn't even discover until only a couple years ago (...). And, in a future version of the restored content McCoy will also be able to "retire" Sebastian's friends.

Something I'm still puzzled about is McCoy consistently introducing himself as "LPD". Shouldn't it be "LAPD"? My theory is that it's some kind of homage to the early Sierra's Police Quest games, where the main character, Sonny Bonds works for "LPD", California, with "L" standing for "Lytton". With Jim Walls working on this game too, it could be a possibility, albeit a bit farfetched perhaps.

Sinatra was 81 in 1997, they took a punt but they didn't exactly have a wide margin to miss.

I will most likely return to this game long after the LP has ended to check out some of the planned improvements. I've uploaded new videos for a couple of LP's that had ended a few years prior.

It's been a while since I last watched the original film so I can't recall how Deckard referred to himself in the original film. But after a search online there are numerous references to Deckard working for LPD's Blade Runner Unit, in the sequel it was changed to the LAPD.

I've read a rumour that Rutger Hauer recorded a cameo for the game but he was cut out of it.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

I've read a rumour that Rutger Hauer recorded a cameo for the game but he was cut out of it.
Interesting. I don't think I've read anything about this. I vaguely recall someone (Louis Castle?) saying something about being able to witness the scene with Roy and Deckard on the Bradbury rooftop, but I think it was mostly to explain how the game took place alongside the movie -- there's nothing in the code or game resources on Roy's character.

Note that the "wanted" posters on the Police Station, in the high definition version of the rooms, all show either the incept photo of Leon or Zhora (both from the movie). None show Roy (or Pris).

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

AbstractNapper posted:

Interesting. I don't think I've read anything about this. I vaguely recall someone (Louis Castle?) saying something about being able to witness the scene with Roy and Deckard on the Bradbury rooftop, but I think it was mostly to explain how the game took place alongside the movie -- there's nothing in the code or game resources on Roy's character.

Note that the "wanted" posters on the Police Station, in the high definition version of the rooms, all show either the incept photo of Leon or Zhora (both from the movie). None show Roy (or Pris).

Do you mean the room where we speak to Dino?

It was just a rumour that I heard but was sceptical about, you've just confirmed what I had thought as I'm sure if there was anything to do with Roy Batty in the game then it would have been big news. Rutger Hauer is credited as being in "The Making Of Blade Runner" promo video for the game, but I've just watched it and he's nowhere to be seen: :siren: There's game footage in this video, nothing too spoilery but I'll give a warning as there is a couple of moments from upcoming scenes :siren: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ3lCAsNm7c

IMDB link: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0162461/fullcredits/?ref_=tt_cl_sm

I'm most likely going to record another video tomorrow.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I have mixed feelings about Sebastian in the movie. I was unsure if his actions towards Pris were borne out of curiosity, compassion, loneliness, or something else. And that ambiguity was a point in giving the character depth and was another showcase of good acting and writing.

I feel that this game is bringing more nuance to the character that didn't come through in the movie. Hiring the original actors for the part is paying off in spades.

I dunno if it was brought up earlier, but there's a good Ars Technica interview done late last year regarding the technical issues that were solved in this game:

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020/11/an-extended-blade-runner-interview-with-westwood-co-founder-louis-castle/

Not sure if there are spoilers so viewer beware.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Do you mean the room where we speak to Dino?

Yes, and also the hallway on the floor with the mainframe and shooting range.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

To be honest, if you have watched the video from the other run then you really don't need to watch this one. I did things in a different order but I still got the same results regardless. The only real difference is an extra line with Sebastian and asking about Runciter instead of the Twins. I probably should have left Moraji inside and ran, we don't get the dialogue but it still would have been something different. Even though I uploaded this video ten hours ago, the HD is still processing and it's only available to watch in 720p at the time of posting this. It probably won't bother the majority of people but I thought that I would mention it all the same.

Edit: There is an additional line if we return to the rooftop, but it's only McCoy talking about the fans on the rooftop and only if we click on them. I didn't think the detour was worth it, I'll make sure to include it in a different video.

sb hermit posted:

I have mixed feelings about Sebastian in the movie. I was unsure if his actions towards Pris were borne out of curiosity, compassion, loneliness, or something else. And that ambiguity was a point in giving the character depth and was another showcase of good acting and writing.

I feel that this game is bringing more nuance to the character that didn't come through in the movie. Hiring the original actors for the part is paying off in spades.

I dunno if it was brought up earlier, but there's a good Ars Technica interview done late last year regarding the technical issues that were solved in this game:

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020/11/an-extended-blade-runner-interview-with-westwood-co-founder-louis-castle/

Not sure if there are spoilers so viewer beware.

Thank you for the link, I'll have a gander when I have some free time.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Nov 7, 2021

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

To be honest, if you have watched the video from the other run then you really don't need to watch this one. I did things in a different order but I still got the same results regardless. The only real difference is an extra line with Sebastian and asking about Runciter instead of the Twins. I probably should have left Moraji inside and ran, we don't get the dialogue but it still would have been something different. Even though I uploaded this video ten hours ago, the HD is still processing and it's only available to watch in 720p at the time of posting this. It probably won't bother the majority of people but I thought that I would mention it all the same.

Edit: There is an additional line if we return to the rooftop, but it's only McCoy talking about the fans on the rooftop and only if we click on them. I didn't think the detour was worth it, I'll make sure to include it in a different video.

One additional optional thing to try at Sebastian's (adds a bit more dialogue, but it's entirely skippable):

The doll to the left of the room with the pool table can be shot. (This could be done in the vanilla game, albeit not easily and it was particularly glitchy -- I think they were testing it and forgot that they left it in-game. In the Restored Content version it plays largely as it's supposed too, although if you know the glitch or I guess if you're very observant, you can spot where I tried to cover the buggy behaviour).

Sebastian also reacts if McCoy draws his gun. Again skippable, but it helps to know that some characters and situations may be affected just by McCoy drawing his gun

Like, a bit earlier, the encounter with Leon can be slightly changed depending on whether McCoy just watches idly, or draws his gun or tries to talk to Leon before he shoves the hotel receptionist.

An interesting detail: if you follow the strategy guide, it mentions that, just before entering Chew's Eyeworks, McCoy sees a homeless guy sitting in front of the entrance blocking his path. They're supposed to have a short dialogue and then he takes off. On the final code, there's only vague leftovers of this encounter, and the character was cut from the game (he also has no recorded voiced lines) -- but the model is there, albeit heavily compressed, and also McCoy's side of the conversation is recorded. I'm still not sure why this character existed. I have a few theories but not worth getting into those now.
However, I do find it interesting that apparently the writers of the strategy guide had access on an earlier build of the game, where this character existed.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

AbstractNapper posted:

One additional optional thing to try at Sebastian's (adds a bit more dialogue, but it's entirely skippable):

The doll to the left of the room with the pool table can be shot. (This could be done in the vanilla game, albeit not easily and it was particularly glitchy -- I think they were testing it and forgot that they left it in-game. In the Restored Content version it plays largely as it's supposed too, although if you know the glitch or I guess if you're very observant, you can spot where I tried to cover the buggy behaviour).

Sebastian also reacts if McCoy draws his gun. Again skippable, but it helps to know that some characters and situations may be affected just by McCoy drawing his gun

Like, a bit earlier, the encounter with Leon can be slightly changed depending on whether McCoy just watches idly, or draws his gun or tries to talk to Leon before he shoves the hotel receptionist.

An interesting detail: if you follow the strategy guide, it mentions that, just before entering Chew's Eyeworks, McCoy sees a homeless guy sitting in front of the entrance blocking his path. They're supposed to have a short dialogue and then he takes off. On the final code, there's only vague leftovers of this encounter, and the character was cut from the game (he also has no recorded voiced lines) -- but the model is there, albeit heavily compressed, and also McCoy's side of the conversation is recorded. I'm still not sure why this character existed. I have a few theories but not worth getting into those now.
However, I do find it interesting that apparently the writers of the strategy guide had access on an earlier build of the game, where this character existed.

Thank you for the heads up, I'll make sure to include them in another video.

The strategy guide tends to have it's own narrative so I just put it down to artistic license, it's interesting to know this though.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I'm going to record the next video in the next day or two, I'm still working out where I'm going to go with them as from this point on is where things really start diverging. I did a test run of both playthroughs last night and one of them really didn't go as expected as I was blindsided by the reveal of one of the Questionables as I was expecting a different reaction.

Spoiler: There's a piece of evidence that you can pick up that can relate to one of two characters, there's also a news story that also reveals that one of those characters is a replicant. I got both indications for that particular character so I was expecting the other to be human, that person did not turn out to be human.

There are three different paths that we need to go down in this act and we can do them in any order that we want to, I just need to rethink the order for the second playthrough. When I do the third playthrough I'll make sure that I switch things around again. I need to make sure that I have a different combination with the Questionables so I can show off the other outcomes for them.

Spoiler: According to the strategy guide: Despite the early warning indicators, when you have the option of which order to track the Questionables the last one you choose last will always be a replicant.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Spoiler: According to the strategy guide: Despite the early warning indicators, when you have the option of which order to track the Questionables the last one you choose last will always be a replicant.

A clarification on how this works:
The nature of the suspects is determined at the start of a new playthrough. But whatever the permutation they can never all be human, and in particular the set of the three ones that McCoy hunts down / investigates in Act 3 cannot allbe human.

So, now in Act 3 you'll have at least one Replicant suspect. There is some randomness involved in actually finding the suspects in their designated locations *but* the game will also make sure the last suspect you encounter is a Replicant.

The reason I'm clarifying this is because it typically leads to a frustrated player from going back and forth to locations and not encountering a suspect they know (probably from clues or a previous playthrough) they should be there. And it's because the game may intentionally be postponing a certain encounter.

I'm sure they could have tweaked this mechanic a bit more, if they had the time, to make it more friendly to the player.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

In this video, we investigate more leads, speak to more witnesses and start to piece together more evidence. Zuben was the first branch that opened up to us, it's the choices that we make from here on out that will ultimately determine McCoy's fate. From here on out, the pathways are going to split completely. In the next video, McCoy is going to see a man about his cheese!

Edit: I've turned the Director's Cut dialogue off in this pathway now that we're at this point.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

We've seen some differences with the variables before now, but it's from this point on where they really start to become more prominent. I'm not going to spoil anything too much with this video, I made sure to do some things differently to trigger different scenes and there are a few pieces of evidence that are different because of the variables. One of the spoilers is in the banner and the video thumbnail, we could have triggered this scene in the other playthrough but I decided to include it in this one. The scene with Lucy can happen at the same time in the other playthrough and it can be played out in a more involved way, I'm doing things in a different order for a reason. We could have entered Larry's rooftop in the other playthrough, I left it for this playthrough and skipped the scene that involves handing over Holden's card to Guzza instead. The next update for each playthrough is going to be entirely different, from here on out the playthroughs are going to take their own courses completely. I think that I may have triggered the ending that I was trying to avoid with this playthrough :stonk:

I keep meaning to upload more photos from the strategy guide, it's been a very hectic week but I will try to do something this weekend.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
The elevator meeting with Rachael is probably the first thing that I restored for the game.
If you don't find her on the elevator she will be in the street level (as long as McCoy went to the Tyrell meeting earlier).

Entirely optional, of course. It can go a bit differently if McCoy is "Polite" and ehrm... it should also go that way if McCoy is a Replicant sympathiser but I guess the pertinent variable is not updated at that point as I expected. Something for me to fix....

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

AbstractNapper posted:

The elevator meeting with Rachael is probably the first thing that I restored for the game.
If you don't find her on the elevator she will be in the street level (as long as McCoy went to the Tyrell meeting earlier).

Entirely optional, of course. It can go a bit differently if McCoy is "Polite" and ehrm... it should also go that way if McCoy is a Replicant sympathiser but I guess the pertinent variable is not updated at that point as I expected. Something for me to fix....

I was wondering why she was annoyed with McCoy, I'll try out the polite mood in the third playthrough.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Interesting that in one playthrough Larry has never met McCoy but in the other they're at least familiar. Wasn't expecting that.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

I wasn't sure with just with the tiles, but based on Rachael McCoy and Deckard live in the same apartment building. Deckard's apartment was played in the movies by the Ennis House, made by Frank Lloyd Wright. Here's a video that shows off the house.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJF5JAekN6A

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Apologies, I meant to upload some photos over the weekend but I had issues with my other LP. Here is a batch of character profiles, I'll try to upload more this weekend:

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I spoke too soon at the end of the last updates. Due to the nature of the variables, some people may not spawn until we've tracked down other people first. I said in the Blade Runner playthrough that I'm going to investigate Gordo but he is nowhere to be found, but the person that I need to progress with the Dektora investigation is available. In the Sympathizer run, the person that I need to progress with Dektora isn't there while Gordo is available. I could just change plans at the start of the next recordings or I could investigate until I hit the brick walls on both sides, which won't take too long, and then switch to the other naturally. I still have to find Lucy in the Blade Runner playthrough so it may mean tracking her down after Dektora to make Gordo appear.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

This is the end of Act III and to say that it didn't go as expected is an understatement. Gordo was nowhere to be found, we had to jump through a few hoops to get to Dektora and Lucy was in no mood to be questioned. We eventually caught up with Gordo, who was more than happy to show us his routine and then finished it by showing us one of his magic tricks.

Kibayasu posted:

Interesting that in one playthrough Larry has never met McCoy but in the other they're at least familiar. Wasn't expecting that.

It's hard to tell what triggers either response. I would have thought that if Larry was involved with the replicants then he would have heard McCoy's name through them, but in the first playthrough, the car wasn't bought by Dektora. The strategy guide doesn't have a whole lot on Larry, just one sentence on asking about Lucy's photo and the Sedan conversation which is only triggered with the information that Dektora had bought it.

Maigius posted:

I wasn't sure with just with the tiles, but based on Rachael McCoy and Deckard live in the same apartment building. Deckard's apartment was played in the movies by the Ennis House, made by Frank Lloyd Wright. Here's a video that shows off the house.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJF5JAekN6A

Interesting, thank you for the link. I found a link with some more information too: https://www.thepropgallery.com/blade-runner-deckard-apartment-tile

There's also a VR project in the works to turn Deckard's apartment into a fully modelled 3D tour: https://www.br9732.com/

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
That Mccoy... he's got a GREAT rear end!

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I remember Deckard also adopting a similar nebbish affect to his voice when he first talked to Zhora in the strip club in the original Blade Runner. But he was trying to pull off a different persona than a hardened blade runner. I can't see why McCoy needs to adopt a similar act if he's just going to announce himself as a blade runner anyway and VK the suspect.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

I know nothing about this. :D

I tried to make that (restored) quote super rare

sb hermit posted:

I remember Deckard also adopting a similar nebbish affect to his voice when he first talked to Zhora in the strip club in the original Blade Runner. But he was trying to pull off a different persona than a hardened blade runner. I can't see why McCoy needs to adopt a similar act if he's just going to announce himself as a blade runner anyway and VK the suspect.
I think the whole Dektora sequence is a tribute to the Zhora one, to the point that they copied or re-"touched" parts of the original film sequence.

But other than that, Blade Runners are supposedly not likeable people and in fact even most human civilians plain hate them, are scared of them, or are at the very least really suspicious of them; because (in their view) a Blade Runner can potentially frame anyone with a false positive VK test -- or maybe just a "hunch".

So McCoy (like Deckard) probably thinks it's clever to go uninvited backstage under the "weirdo fan" cover (as blatantly fake as it is) to interview a suspect on his case, without having her call security, react violently or flee immediately.

If you stick around doing nothing for a couple of minute, eventually Hanoi (the big club security guy) will show up and Dektora will tell him that McCoy is being annoying and he will throw him out.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

AbstractNapper posted:

I know nothing about this. :D

I tried to make that (restored) quote super rare

You need to make this McCoy's opening line with every character.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

So do you ever get confirmation about Lucy? :ohdear:

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

You know, this being the LAPD and Blade Runner being pretty cyberpunk, I really expect him to get away with it either way.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I was meaning to upload this a couple of days ago but life got in the way. I thought that I'd re-record this an hour ago as I wasn't 100% content with my commentary (I said Crystal instead of Dektora at the end of the video) but that recording suffered from an infrequent X-split bug which makes the video stutter in random places and I'd rather not delay things any further.

This is the end of Act 3 in the Sympathizer playthrough. We have different scenarios with Gordo, Early Q and with Dektora. The endings in both playthroughs have been pretty tame so far as Crystal can potentially show up and complicate things even further depending on certain factors.

Kibayasu posted:

So do you ever get confirmation about Lucy? :ohdear:

This is her entry in the Strategy Guide. I'll do more photos when I have a little more free time:

Without knowing this information you can't tell if she is a rep or not depending on which direction she runs. In the Blade Runner playthrough, that brochure we picked up mentioned the entertainment model, which hints that Gordo is a replicant and it overrides the clue about Lucy. We actually got two hints for Gordo as there was also the news story. Under certain conditions, we can VK her regardless if she is a replicant or not but I'm not sure on those conditions right now as she runs off if I try to test her in both playthroughs. If she does agree, we can find out for sure one way or the other for sure. In the Sympathizer playthrough, we did find the brochure that mentioned the Lolita model which you're somehow meant to pin that on Lucy as the KIA doesn't make the link for you.

In the Blade Runner playthrough, without the strategy guide's knowledge and the lack of hints, it's down to a judgement call to either let her go or to shoot her. To be honest, without the strategy guide I would probably have just let her go if I hadn't had already known this information. I've even replayed this scenario in the middle of typing this out and not even Crystal shows up if you let her go and follow directly behind her after leaving the maze, Lucy just disappears.

In both playthroughs she is a replicant so I can't test this theory until I start a new playthrough and ensure that we get different variables.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Nov 23, 2021

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
In this Act, it's not possible to VK Lucy, so you go by her reaction and hints and clues McCoy already has.

If she is Replicant, and she is the *last* Replicant you encounter, then Steele will confirm that Lucy is Replicant. That scenario is a bit glitchy though (in the original game too) -- I have to fix it at some point.

If Lucy survives into Act 4 and is friendly with McCoy, then there's a VK option.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

AbstractNapper posted:

In this Act, it's not possible to VK Lucy, so you go by her reaction and hints and clues McCoy already has.

If she is Replicant, and she is the *last* Replicant you encounter, then Steele will confirm that Lucy is Replicant. That scenario is a bit glitchy though (in the original game too) -- I have to fix it at some point.

If Lucy survives into Act 4 and is friendly with McCoy, then there's a VK option.

Thank you for clarifying this, I'm starting to think that I should have just let her run off because of the lack of evidence but I am trying to make both playthroughs the polar opposite of each other where I can. Even if it means McCoy is pulling the trigger and asking questions afterwards in one of them.

I'm starting to work out in my head how I'm going to approach the third playthrough as it means I can be a little more open with my choices.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

This video is the first half of Act IV. In this video, we discover more people trying to kill us as well as tracking down the other people trying to kill us while dealing with everyone else who wants us dead. McCoy has stepped out of the frying pan in this video and he's forgotten to wear his asbestos underwear.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Poor McCoy has landed himself in a lot of poo poo with that job, thus always to blade runners.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I believe that I have made quite a large error and I'm putting this one down to the strategy guide and partly down to not exploring the storyline further. The strategy guide is useful and adds more to the narrative but it also has its errors, which may be attributed to AbstractNapper recognising that the guide may have been written with an earlier build of the game.

As it turns out, the guide has seven pages and its own section midway through the walkthrough called "The Suspects." I was following this section throughout both playthroughs and they weren't exactly playing out as they were written. I mentioned a few things that I was expecting to happen but weren't happening but just rolled ahead and thought that I might catch them in the variables in other playthroughs. As it turns out, even though Act III is firmly in the corner of this section it's actually an amalgamation of events in both the third and fourth acts.

I've just completed a practice run of the Sympathizer run and there's going to be a few surprises compared to the other run. After recording this section, I'm going to start more runs soon until I find one with a unique set of variables compared to the current two playthroughs.

SIGSEGV posted:

Poor McCoy has landed himself in a lot of poo poo with that job, thus always to blade runners.

This job seems stressful enough without your boss trying to screw you over and selling you out.

More character profiles, there's still more to come:

Edit: Resized photos.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Nov 27, 2021

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The rat and plank is such a "classic" adventure game thing, especially if it just stays there forever if you do shoot it in the wrong spot. I would hope it would disappear if you left the screen and came back, and maybe a new one would respawn until you did it right, but that has a lot of the marks of a soft lock.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Kibayasu posted:

The rat and plank is such a "classic" adventure game thing, especially if it just stays there forever if you do shoot it in the wrong spot. I would hope it would disappear if you left the screen and came back, and maybe a new one would respawn until you did it right, but that has a lot of the marks of a soft lock.

I've just double-checked as the rat's corpse did disappear later on in the video. If you shoot the rat while it's on the middle of the plank, you can leave the screen and the rat will have completely disappeared when you return and it won't respawn. Even if it did remain to make the plank impassable there is a long way around into Luther & Lance's laboratory.

While I was finding the long route to Luther & Lance's laboratory I was shocked when I randomly saw Zuben and had a conversation with him, which I've never encountered before.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

This is the second half part of the fourth act. I recorded Act IV as a whole but decided to split the recording up due to the length of the video. This part of the game contains a lot of dialogue and a lot of plot development. I'll be recording this section for the Sympathizer run in two or three days time.

We can get Guzza's file from Luther & Lance without the need to enter the Tyrell building. We can just shoot them and take the file from the terminals behind them. Which, in retrospect, I should have done so with this playthrough. I'll try to show this off in the Moonbus playthrough as killing them both isn't integral to the endings.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

What were the people you were shooting at in the sewer? I'm a little unclear as to who/what they are. Also I kind of feel bad about shooting the twins, but it also feels...appropriate given the setting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

kw0134 posted:

What were the people you were shooting at in the sewer? I'm a little unclear as to who/what they are. Also I kind of feel bad about shooting the twins, but it also feels...appropriate given the setting.

To he honest, I don't actually know. The strategy guide doesn't seem to mention them so I'm wondering if they are part of the restored content. We don't get a blurb on their corpses like we do with the rats. The guide mentions rats and cops but doesn't seem to say what those particular creatures are or why they want us dead.