Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Netflix has Blade Runner (the final cut) in its US service and I'm watching it again. The influence of the movie really shines in this LP.

Also, Edward James Olmos was easy to pick out but it's crazy to see him significantly younger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I have mixed feelings about Sebastian in the movie. I was unsure if his actions towards Pris were borne out of curiosity, compassion, loneliness, or something else. And that ambiguity was a point in giving the character depth and was another showcase of good acting and writing.

I feel that this game is bringing more nuance to the character that didn't come through in the movie. Hiring the original actors for the part is paying off in spades.

I dunno if it was brought up earlier, but there's a good Ars Technica interview done late last year regarding the technical issues that were solved in this game:

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020/11/an-extended-blade-runner-interview-with-westwood-co-founder-louis-castle/

Not sure if there are spoilers so viewer beware.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I remember Deckard also adopting a similar nebbish affect to his voice when he first talked to Zhora in the strip club in the original Blade Runner. But he was trying to pull off a different persona than a hardened blade runner. I can't see why McCoy needs to adopt a similar act if he's just going to announce himself as a blade runner anyway and VK the suspect.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Kibayasu posted:

Having the player stand in a specific spot in a 90's adventure game on a time limit seems like a bit much. Suppose that's why its cut content (if I'm reading those posts right).

I dunno. Standing in a specific spot in a time limit seems like a very 90s adventure game thing, especially a sierra game.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Kibayasu posted:

Well even ignoring the (apparent) ages that bomb dialogue sure is a :catstare: moment.

and if a ten ton truck
kills the both of us
to die by your side
well, the pleasure
the privilege
is mine

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

I'm not sure whether or not McCoy feels that way.

McCoy is just like: "hold that thought, Lucy. I've got a better plan"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016