Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Android Apocalypse posted:

I still hold out hope that Snyder is ousted with a controversy so big it can't be ignored.

I hope so too but the Lady Snyder being in "charge" gives him plausible deniability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I'm just thinking about the Lawyer who's obviously at the top of their profession working for an NFL team having to write in real words that as part of the settlement a grown rear end man wants a nice text message from another grown rear end man to say congratulations on hiring a dude.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lol

https://twitter.com/MarkMaske/status/1471247933765033992

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Whew. Thank goodness Goodell cleared that up. I was starting to get worried.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

“Jerry and the others told me to say this in case they get investigated too.”

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I noticed my birthday came and went with not a peep from all my posting "friends" in TFF.

You will be hearing from my lawyer

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

My reading of this is that Dan did try to interfere but he was so bad at it that it didn't make a difference

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Chucktesla posted:

My reading of this is that Dan did try to interfere but he was so bad at it that it didn't make a difference

I read this as acknowledgement that he did interfere and the NFL knew about it and they won’t do a drat thing about it because ultimately Goodell works for Snyder and Jerry Jones et al. Protect the shield.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

chamois posted:

The NFL is a company. It's not like we vote for NFL commissioner. Who is he supposed to be working for?

The owners? The people that hire and pay him?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
The owners of the other NFC East teams want Dan Snyder to keep the team because they know the team under him will always suck you heard it here first.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Diva Cupcake posted:

I read this as acknowledgement that he did interfere and the NFL knew about it and they won’t do a drat thing about it because ultimately Goodell works for Snyder and Jerry Jones et al. Protect the shield.

It's likely both of these. But since there is no physical report of anything, he can just say that and there really isn't any way to dispute it. He got what he can claim is a satisfactory report from her no matter the other goings on and who is to say otherwise

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Update:

https://nypost.com/2022/02/03/dan-snyder-hit-with-6-new-sexual-harassment-abuse-claims/

posted:

Six former employees of Washington’s NFL franchise levied new allegations of sexual harassment and abuse against team owner Dan Snyder Thursday — with one claiming the owner instructed the team’s video department to splice together a sexually suggestive video of cheerleaders exposing their private areas.

In a roughly two-hour long roundtable hearing with the House Committee on Oversight and Reform, former cheerleaders Melanie Coburn and Tiffani Johnston recounted their own experiences with Snyder, accusing the owner of ruling “by fear.”

According to Coburn, Snyder had the final say over who made the cheerleading squad and fired women despite their skill “because they weren’t the prettiest, in his opinion.”
Coburn also recalled taking an “awards trip” with several of her colleagues to Snyder’s home in Aspen, Colo., where she recalled a co-worker being pressured to drink alcohol “despite being a recovering addict.” When the party returned to Snyder’s house, Coburn said she was told to go into the basement and stay there.

“I later learned from a colleague, who was there, that it was because the men had invited prostitutes back,” Coburn said.

Johnston accused Snyder of inappropriately touching her at a team dinner, where he placed his hand on her inner thigh under the table. That same evening, she alleged, he attempted to coax her into his limo until his attorney said it was a “bad idea.”

"The next day, I learned when I told a senior co-worker about Dan Snyder’s sexual advance that I should ‘not repeat the story to anyone outside this office door,'” Johnston recalled. “That was when I also learned there was no one to go to about Dan Snyder’s advance, no path to report the incident.”

posted:

Brad Baker, a former video production manager for the team — then known as the Washington Redskins, then rebranded the Washington Football Team, followed by the Washington Commanders — recalled Snyder ordering employees in 2008 to edit cheerleader calendar photoshoot footage to create a “Good Bits” video featuring nude images of the women.
While passing through the editing suite, I saw several images on both the editing monitor and the monitor of our tape deck that featured the cheerleaders posing for their photoshoot,” Baker said. “But it was like outtakes, and their breasts and pubic areas were exposed.”

“It became crystal clear that my worst suspicions were true,” Baker added. “The video department had been told to edit together lewd footage of the cheerleaders at the request of Dan Snyder.”

Nothing to see here though, his wife is in charge now so everything is just water under the bridge

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Yeah but they changed the team name.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
GAAAAAARRRRHHHHHHHHH

gently caress this guy

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Dan Snyder has decided you don't need to know what the NFL found out about him.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33215649/washington-commanders-owner-daniel-snyder-ok-release-findings-nfl-investigation-team

quote:

The NFL may not be able to publicly release the findings of its internal investigation of the Washington Commanders without the explicit permission of owner Daniel Snyder, according to a document released Friday morning by the congressional committee investigating the NFL.

The House Committee for Oversight and Reform also released a second document Friday that shows how the team requested a "written investigation" from Beth Wilkinson's law firm when she was hired to conduct an internal investigation of the team.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

loving hell.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The correct answer at that point is to just say whatever you want was in that report and that the league simply doesn't care that the league found that Dan Snyder raped children on his many trips to Epstein's estates.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

How did they request a written investigation when Roger Goodell said there was no written investigation, only an oral report

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
We need a Woodward & Bernstein-level investigation.

Preemptive :lol: "Deep Throat" jokes too.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
It would be nice if there were still actual journalists in sports.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

It would be nice if there were still actual journalists in sports.

It’s really impressive how the NFL has pared the media that covers it to team bloggers and PR release launders.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

I mean that seems simple to get around. "The only reason you're a monopoly is because we're allowing it."

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Nodoze posted:

How did they request a written investigation when Roger Goodell said there was no written investigation, only an oral report

That whole 'oral report only' bullshit was one of the most bald-faced lies of all time. Just incredible

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1489708360303796229

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

shut down the nfl permanently. after the super bowl

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
WFT Dance member

https://twitter.com/madonna_monroe/status/1489419709103620097?s=21

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Dan Snyder takes allegations made against the perv Dan Snyder very seriously. Don't worry he's hired a woman to get to the bottom of what the perv Dan Snyder did

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1491409569397886978?s=20&t=He1lFg3wlsqISM98_BlvRw

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Schefter always ready to be the mouthpiece as to why this is different.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1491414689099952128

:sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Plot twist: Wong finds a ton of shady poo poo and Snyder backed further in a corner.