Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

im autistic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Keep spending time here and you'll get it back, OP

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Zenquin posted:

Yeah I have actually pushed several women away and turned down one-night-stands and because I thought it was wrong. Autistics tend to be hyper-moral.

Autistics aren't hyper moral, they're lawful neutral, hence the obsession with trains, routines, and the desire to stamp out all individuality and free will.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

im autistic and a serial killer

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

Zenquin posted:

I have literally spent the last twenty years sitting in my room reading random crap on the internet.

Seems like you're still doing this?

Zenquin posted:

I actually am a 40 year old virgin. Gonna get that fixed.

Probably won't make progress on that here either.

Zenquin
Jul 16, 2005

Xaintrailles posted:

Seems like you're still doing this?

Probably won't make progress on that here either.

Baby steps.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Tips on getting laid for OP:
Treat people like people
Be nice. Genuinely nice. Not "nice"
Be upfront. Don't lie to people or tell them you just want to be friends if you want a gently caress
Basic hygiene holy poo poo

That alone gets you further than most people.

Also eat well, maybe work out, have a modicum of self respect. poo poo ain't hard, don't be a creep basically.

Also if you tweak your nipples from across the room that's the signal and all of the horny folks will flock to you for hot goon sex.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

can they really cure autism now asking for a friend

Zenquin
Jul 16, 2005

vaginite posted:

Still early days, but I don't see why it wont work for others.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

seems i absorbed all of your autism OP

Although it barely made a difference, its just a drop in the bucket really

Zenquin
Jul 16, 2005

Caesar Saladin posted:

seems i absorbed all of your autism OP

Although it barely made a difference, its just a drop in the bucket really

You shall be a new Saint, taking on yourself the autism of others.

Bless you good sir.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
neuron genesis evangelion

Zenquin
Jul 16, 2005

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

neuron genesis evangelion

Kinda, yeah.

epic 2012 username
Mar 26, 2021

by Hand Knit
Hello op my brain is also broken

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Zenquin posted:

You shall be a new Saint, taking on yourself the autism of others.

Bless you good sir.

Bodhisautist vow.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The truth is now you have an even stronger and more deadly form of autism. :shrug:

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

You guys ever wonder if you post on a forum because there isn't really any interaction and it's just all of us posting and trying to get more attention than the next guy? Like we're all yelling over each other to get the empty quotes or whatever internet cred and convince ourselves that this is some kind of social interaction so it's cool that I don't talk to anyone at work or have any friends. I just throw my poo poo at a wall and people have to read it and then they can throw their poo poo at the wall too and this is what I replaced my family with.

Anyway grats on curing your autism op

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Zenquin posted:

Yeah, I feel like I have woken up from a 35 year coma, and you bastards were the first folks I wanted to share it with.

Ask me anything.

Also, I gently caress you not, my first attempt to post this thread got me auto-banned.
There is no more glorious way to return to SA, I am home.

EDIT, this is the content of the previous thread.

Sorry guys I had some stuff to work on, but I am back now. It was autism, I am not joking, I was told not to come back here after doing some stupid poo poo and I listened for fifteen years.

So what have I missed? This place was awesome 20 years ago (how the hell can something on the internet be twenty years old?) and I really missed you guys.! This is Something Awful, God-Damnit! This is the place that birthed so many of the internets greatest memes, hell, THIS IS THE PLACE THAT CREATED THE FREAKIN MEME FORMAT!

God's How I missed you bastards.
It really was autism, they are starting to actually be able to treat it now. I feel like someone who has woken up from a thirty year coma, I am not making GBS threads you. This is day-one of my new life and you goony sons-of-bitches are the first people I wanted to share it with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE4w5vU6pqg

Zenquin
Jul 16, 2005

That is what it feels like.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I wish you well :)

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

what if you were never autistic OP, but everyone else in the world IS, and you were the only normal one?

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Is ketamine fun?

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Hey OP you're cool and good but your farts stink. My farts stink too, so I guess we're even there. But I'm wack and bad so I suppose you win this round.

Zenquin
Jul 16, 2005

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Is ketamine fun?

Actually, it felt like going home. I have always been a bit disassociated ( from the autism). When I tried the drug, it did not feel like anything that I can't make happen to myself with a bit of concentration. Because of this I can see the blindspot in my eyes and project an image there. It isn't perfect, the images are a bit ghostly and it is constantly changing, but I can manipulate my brain to see pretty much anything I want.

Zenquin fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Oct 16, 2021

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Zenquin posted:

I never had any specific obsession. I have literally spent the last twenty years sitting in my room reading random crap on the internet.

hmm thats basically everyone in GBS

:thunk:

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

vaginite posted:

No, but they've made progress treating a bunch of comorbid conditions to a point where quality of life can be significantly improved.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Is ketamine fun?

It's weird even at low doses. I've had it administered for treatment resistant depression. Like going into a dream without falling asleep, kind of. Lots of eye scrolling and emphasis on blocky geometry as far as visuals go.

Zenquin
Jul 16, 2005

endlessmonotony posted:

No, but they've made progress treating a bunch of comorbid conditions to a point where quality of life can be significantly improved.

No, I mean the actual disorder. It requires a hell of a lot of effort and therapy, though.

Zenquin
Jul 16, 2005

Linux Pirate posted:

It's weird even at low doses. I've had it administered for treatment resistant depression. Like going into a dream without falling asleep, kind of. Lots of eye scrolling and emphasis on blocky geometry as far as visuals go.

Yeah, that is right. If I lie still in a dark place with weighted blankets and my ears plugged, I can do it on my own.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Zenquin posted:

No, I mean the actual disorder. It requires a hell of a lot of effort and therapy, though.

You can say that, but that doesn't mean anyone's going to believe you until you have solid evidence.

Zenquin
Jul 16, 2005

endlessmonotony posted:

You can say that, but that doesn't mean anyone's going to believe you until you have solid evidence.

You are right. Though, that I have not been a complete spaz in this thread is some proof.

Zenquin
Jul 16, 2005
EDIT: Double post

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Zenquin posted:

You are right. The fact I have not been a complete spaz in this thread is some proof.

Yeah, but it's proof you have way less autism symptoms, which also happens if you get anxiety and depression adequately treated.

You're not going to like the hangover.

Zenquin
Jul 16, 2005

endlessmonotony posted:

Yeah, but it's proof you have way less autism symptoms, which also happens if you get anxiety and depression adequately treated.

You're not going to like the hangover.

Huh? The movie?

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Therapy and understanding of autism is good. I don't think I've met an autistic person who's happy and capable who's needed drugs tho.

Wanted drugs, that's different.

But whatever works I guess?

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Zenquin posted:

Huh? The movie?

When you first make massive progress like this, it feels like the high is going to go on forever.

It won't. You'll backslide, sooner rather than later. Healing will stall. It sucks. You can get over it and continue healing, though.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Please tell me all your deepest thoughts on professional competitive video games. Then we will discuss your condition.

Zenquin
Jul 16, 2005

endlessmonotony posted:

When you first make massive progress like this, it feels like the high is going to go on forever.

It won't. You'll backslide, sooner rather than later. Healing will stall. It sucks. You can get over it and continue healing, though.

Oh, you are right. Baby steps.

Zenquin
Jul 16, 2005

old beast lunatic posted:

Please tell me all your deepest thoughts on professional competitive video games. Then we will discuss your condition.

I have not followed that stuff in years, but I will keep you updated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Zenquin posted:

Oh, you are right. Baby steps.

The previous phase was the one where you get that goddamn electronic toothbrush and use it religiously, as well as double-check your hygiene, and learn to write down your diet so you can calculate nutrition and fix any deficiencies. As well as get into a regimen of exercise. Not done one of those yet? Now's the time.

This one generally adds reading Camus. Toss on Flowers for Algernon, Grapes of Wrath, and VALIS. Wearing aggressively weird clothing on public transport might not be a great idea with COVID (desensitizes you to public spaces). Getting to know your own emotional responses, and taking the time to stop, think, and listen to yourself is a good idea. Start meditating, it works way better in this phase than the previous one.

Once the backslide starts, it helps to know that's not forever either.

Ain't a cure. Doesn't mean it doesn't make life a lot easier to deal with.