Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Don’t stop making new Dread LPs until I have to break down and add a “no more Dread LPs” rule to the forum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
A detail I like about the current Power Suit is how a lot of Samus' limbs just kinda obviously have these floating armour chunks grafted onto the muscle suit underneath, and it's really just the chest and face that have full coverage. There's also a lot of little animations on the armour chunks as they shift around while Samus moves. You can clearly see the armour on her feet in several of the cutscenes in this video. It's neat, and also accounts for why the Power Suit doesn't have as much damage protection as the other suits.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Hang on I think we've mixed up Don't Dead Open Inside with the Long-time Nuclear Waste Warning. This a place place is of not honor?

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
There's kind of a more fundamental problem with the way Metroid Dread uses the pre-boss cutscene to highlight the boss's weak point; it's fine if the message is received, but if the player ever misses that message, for any reason, and it's not something that begins and ends with what bit of the motherfucker you shoot to make its HP go down, it's lost forever, because every player on earth is going to skip that cutscene on subsequent attempts, unless they specifically pick up on the fact that the game is using the cutscenes to teach you things, and that's just not a thing that most people think about while playing video games.

Also, when was the last time we even saw one of those shooty generator things? I think there have been like three of them in total, and they were all in like the first pass of Cataris or something. Normally in a videos game it would be the done thing to put one of these right before the boss fight, just to remind players that these things exist and you shoot them when they're green, and its kind of a weird uncharacteristic misstep for Dread to not do this, especially given how deftly it wields other variously subtle and blunt design tricks.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
It was actually "only" 3, but getting jammed in that one room and managing to flash shift out counts as an honorary fourth counter