Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Yeah, it feels like one of those sci-fi muscle suits. Which I guess makes sense given that punching out aliens is a major mechanic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

:allears:

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

"It's like a metroid prime hunters thing where there's only two bosses so they only show the cutscene once"

Oh I wish hunter's did that.

Also Emmi Rald is clearly friends with Crystal and Amber :colbert:

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

OK that kraid intro was great. Samus jumps down into the obvious boss arena, primed and ready for action. She peers forward into the darkness weapon ready as something big can faintly be seen in the darkness.

Then suddenly she just relaxes and goes, "oh its you again" before the camera pans over to kraid and the bit where she nonchalantly blasts him(her? It?) in the face.

The game really wants to be a horror game, but Samus just gives zero fucks. It's great.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Not gonna lie, I forgot about the switch because I didn't get a good look at it when the boss whacked it off and assumed it was busting a door and locking you in with it.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

I like how olive branch suggested beakface would get a comeuppance by the x when my guess for why he didn't kill Samus was that he was already infected. Especially so now that we found the x contained in an overrun warrior base.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

FeyerbrandX posted:

Yeah its obvious why they don't do it, just one of the few things the game drops the ball on.

Maybe the brain actually is controlling it to a slight extent and is the thing using the cool options they got. Once the brain is gone they default to stock factory model "crawl or walk and eye spike" modes.

It would have been cool if they had the beam slowly freezing you as you slowly melted it's face off.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

ADAM: hey Samus, somebody is freezing the planet over to keep you from getting a mission critical item. Go thaw things out and come back so you can get it.

Samus: I just went and got the mission critical item first, is that ok?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

So revenbeak has been on a ship in orbit this whole time. If it weren't for the x infected guard just outside the lift up I'd say he had a chance at not being x infected before Samus even got here.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Saying that you did an lp of a game and you not only enjoyed it but wanted to immediately play it again is some hefty praise.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Looks like when he went gold it was indicating he was invulnerable and you had done enough damage to earn a counter opportunity.

And I am really freaking surprised that the x hadn't already eaten the guy. At that point I was kind of disappointed the coup de Gras wasn't on ravenbeak himself, one super soldier monstrosity to another.

Goddamn I love everything about the design of the metroid suit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

He appeared to have an X proof suit and was on a ship high in the atmosphere.

Well yes, but until the big reveal at the end the only bit we'd seen of him was when he wordlessly beat the poo poo out of us at the start. We didn't know where he was or that he'd been gabbing with us since the start, and we did know that he fought the x and won in some unknown manner. It really felt to me like they were going for a twist where raven beak had been dead long before we made planetfall.