Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I guess I'm following two Metroid Dread LPs now??

Works for me! Great start so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
You can't go back to get those ten missiles submerged in lava for now, I think? I didn't see a valid route on the minimap when you left that area, you blew up the entry point.

The game often enough does an autosave, too bad it doesn't tell you about it. It might just have made a save after acquiring the Varia Suit.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
It seems like it would be easier to use the cloak to escape the yellow EMMI, instead trying to run away from it.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I appreciate Maple Leaf making noises when Samus does something physically taxing, like barely hanging on to a ledge. It gives the LP a better atmosphere :)

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
So I'm really wondering whether our inevitable fight with Raven Beak will be against the chozo himself, or an X version of him.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
If Raven Beak is responsible for the falling temperatures on ZDR because he moved the planet further away from the sun, then maybe for once it won't be Samus' fault if the planet ends up uninhabitable (due to becoming an ice ball, which I assume even the X can't survive), which would be a nice twist.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Nice work! I wonder when you can navigate somewhat freely again, to use all those upgrades to open paths previously inaccessible to you. I actually don't think you will get an item to melt the ice. Adam said that a X must be physically blocking the flow of lava to Arteria, so I assume you're being funneled to Crateria to deal with the boss X there, which will then unfreeze Arteria. I hope the game doesn't railroad you again after this, but instead gives you some freedom to explore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
The other LP didn't sequence break, and Adam didn't speak to them directly after the boss fight, but rather after they also got the screw attack. So the sequencing seems pretty simple, restoring the thermal flow + gaining the screw attack = conversation with Adam.