Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
So... it has the obnoxious mandatory parrying stuff from Other M and the Metroid 2 remake, Samus gets choked by a dude 4 feet taller than her in the first cutscene, and loving Adam is still in the game.
They should have yanked Sakamoto off the series like Atlus did to Hashino.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

MonsterEnvy posted:

Parrying was not a thing in Other M. Nor is it mandatory outside of a few instances, it just makes some things easier and unlike Samus Returns can be used at any time. Also of course Adam would be in this game it’s the direct sequel to Fusion.

I was kinda hoping he'd stay confined to Fusion, and that Samus didn't need an annoying computer sidekick.

StillFullyTerrible fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Oct 17, 2021

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

MonsterEnvy posted:

You're right Samus does not need an annoying computer sidekick. Good thing he is not annoying.

bladeworksmaster posted:

Also ignoring Other M, an easy task considering Nintendo themselves have apparently decided to do such as well, ADAM the AI is perfectly fine.

Hard disagree... lady.

Dr Pepper posted:

How could you pay any attention to Fusion's plot and not see that Adam would be a supporting character in any future games in the timeline

I hated Adam the computer in Fusion as well, I just really really didn't want to see any more of him. :saddowns:

Sorry, to express my reasoning more clearly: I felt like Adam was a weakness in storytelling in Fusion, and that part of the aspect I liked in Metroid games was the solitude of them. Except for specific circumstances, Samus was essentially alone in these hostile situations, and the feeling was different as a result. Having a computer sidekick along for the ride removed that feeling, and made the tone in Fusion different in a way I found unappealing.

StillFullyTerrible fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Oct 17, 2021