Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Fungah! posted:

in fact:

>Elden Ring's combat will be faster than Dark Souls 3, but not as fast as Sekiro
>>There's some contention on this one, as Vaati said he really didn't notice anything different and Kitao said the speed is closer to 3.
>Elden Ring will have combat and ambient music like Sekiro
>Elden Ring will have stealth attacks and backstabs
>The Allot Flask system from Dark Souls 3 will be returning
>PS5 version will most likely have Haptic Feedback
>The new Maiden is supposedly not as attached to you as the other Maidens in Souls, and will have her own agenda and goals
>The decision for no Solo invasions is not yet finalized, and FROM will be listening and changing it back if enough people give feedback
>Possibly more giant spells: A new spell that summons a giant storm cloud that rains down projectiles on enemies, and an even bigger version of Soul Greatsword
>Transformations are probably not in the game. When asked if you could transform, Omnipotent, who leaked many details about Elden Ring said "I wish."
>The stats in Elden Ring should be familiar to you if you played Souls, though apparently there are some new unique to Elden Ring
>About 10 classes (same as in Dark Souls 3)
>Pyromancy is confirmed
>A giant lightning spell that causes the earth to tremor
>New mechanic: Stances, closest equivalent would be Posture in Sekiro. Hitting your opponent enough times will open them up to a devastating attack. Most likely not visible to player and the game calculates it under the hood.
>Fall damage is greatly reduced to reward exploration
>Due to the size of the world and the great distance between Graces (bonfires), killing enough enemies in the open world will restore your HP.
>If you're outside of combat, Stamina is turned off you can perform as many actions as you want. However, when combat begins Stamina is turned back on again.
>There supposedly are a few ways to gain EXP without fighting.
>STR now increases your equip load as well
>You can jump while firing a bow or casting magic
>A new type of Arrow: Sleep Arrows. An arrow that puts even the biggest enemies to sleep, allowing you to sneak past them or get a free shot on them
>Online is reduced from 6 to 4. This is due to the lesser consoles not running at an acceptable rate with 6 players, likely because of the bigger world
>Co-Op partners *might* not disappear after killing bosses, or at least after killing mini-bosses
>New online mechanic: Group Passwords. Players can now set-up a password if they only want to find and see other players with the same password. Think of it like a clan
>There will be more weapons in Elden Ring than any other Souls game. Most if not all of the familiar weapon types will be returning
>Twinblades from Dark Souls 2 are back
>Over 100 Weapon Arts and they can be gained by killing bosses or finding them in the open world
>One WA seems to shoot wind
>There seems to be some restrictions on what WA can go on what weapon. For example, Quickstep can't go on a Ultra Greatsword
>Killing certain enemies allows you to gain there essence and they become a Spirit (Buddy in the JP version). This ranges from a tiny bandit to a giant firebreathing dragon. This cannot be used Online.
>You can level up these Spirits and they'll become stronger the more you use them.
>Some of Spirits are intentionally useless and weak as a joke according to Miyazaki.
>Yuka Kitamura returns to compose the game's OST.
>Weather and time of day does affect Stealth. Example: sneaking at night makes you harder to harder to detect.
>There are different enemies depending on what time of day and what the weather is. More difficult enemies appear at night for example.
>Weather and changing time of day seems to happen in real-time
>There will be multiple bosses and mini-bosses, but the player only needs to kill the main 6 to beat game
>Said 6 main bosses have dungeons and level design more akin to classic Souls where the map is turned off and your left to your own wits.
>Crafting is in the game. For example, players can kill animals like Sheep to craft Dried Meat, which boosts Stamina regen.
>As of right now it's unknown how far the crafting system will go besides making simple items.
>Players must obtain a Recipe first before crafting.
>Illusory Walls will return.

apparently ths got posted on reddit. no clue how real it all is but its claiming to be a bunch of interviews jammed together about gameplay stuff. four fuckin months!!!

don't see a single thing about horse testicles in that list....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i want to properly devote the time to it so i think i'm dedicating 2022 to clearing some of my gaming backlog and making my 2023 gaming goal "just play elden ring."

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i guess i probably have to wait for my kids to be in college before i can go back to getting high, eating chips for breakfast and playing video games all day.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

you kids sure you dont want to sign up for those loans? in college, you can spend all day getting high and just playing video game with your bros, and, more importantly, with you out of here, so can i.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

extremebuff posted:

[BOOM] [RATATATA] [CLACKCLACK CLACK]*LOUD GRUFF VOICE* HEADSHOT! MULTIKILL!! [BWAO BWAO]

CEO on 200 person zoom call: Uhh, does someone have a TV on hahahaha! Please just mute yourself :)

lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I've been looking for a new job and I'm praying they let me give three weeks notice so I can take one week off tbh.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

oh yeah I probably won't be getting this at launch due to backlog. lol

same. I want to take my time with it and I think I'll be more likely to if I wait.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Completely forgetting what the topic of the thread is for several pages. IZ ftw

anywhere else we'd be getting "That's enough of this derail. Nobody cares about your jobs, and any more of this talk will be punished severely. I won't have another instance of Something Awful's Stephen Universe Speculation Megathread ruined by drama.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I got the tude now posted:

the first month where every post in the thread is completely confusing until you get there in game :yeah:

looking forward to being the guy who comes in like a year later than everyone else and brings back these memories, lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lmao that dude has so many pages of people telling him to gently caress off that i can't even tell who got angry enough to give him the avatar chain

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

oh my god. i may have to change my gaming goals for the year......

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

painstakingly recreating my real life enemies in the character creator for the first couple of characters so that when i get totally wrecked i don't feel frustrated.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i want a ps5 so i can move all my saves over to the next gen, but, alas,

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

a.p. dent posted:

don’t think i can stay up night of release, so i’ll be doing forward time travel with lots of edibles

I really liked your work on Morrowind.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

"Fat roll" is actually what everyone is going to be doing from their bed to their gaming chair during launch month.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

might just bite the bullet and get this and make sure that i keep playing yakuza 6 at the same time

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

chuckling at all the young folks overwhelmed by all the fashion choices as i select "Mature Voice 2"

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

If you're over 70% equipment weight you should squash the poor horse and he should totter along making exaggerated sad noises

-Horse testicles shrink in cold water.
-You can name your horse.
-Horse will grumpily complain "I am sworn to carry your burdens.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

creating 6 different builds and ending up playing the one that you made look like Sam Mallone carrying a club for 100 hours ftw

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

"maker of poemy artefacts" jfc

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

picturing larry wearing the big lawyer wig and muttering "assy one, bring me more turds" under his breath as his client gets increasingly nervous.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i've never met a game yet where horseback combat didn't feel awkward anyway.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Harrow posted:

Gonna use a handwritten notebook and it's going to rule

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

going to use the same notebook i use for the yakuza batting cages so that when my kids are looking through my belongings i look even more like a total psychopath

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i actually have a really sweet leatherbound notebook with a tree on it but unfortunately i used it as my wedding guestbook.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

HolePisser1982 posted:

gonna be raking in fat stacks selling handmade tree notebooks to the 40 imp zone posters

don't buy from this guy, or from Amazon. i've got the true imp zone merch right here:

bringing it to SA Mart soon.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lmfao at this and all the tweets

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

korsakoff's syndrome patient crossing out "I've really started Elden Ring for the first time" in his journal for the 28th time until Oliver Sacks has a moment of inspiration and gifts him a copy of Horizon: Forbidden West

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

tossing this game in the trash after seeing the notepads due to its total lack of accessibility.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lmao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i can't find it but there was definitely a poster on SA who claimed that including spiders a video game was a blow against the disabled.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

I'm scared of real spiders too but I just don't get being scared of ones in games lol. They're not real and more importantly can't bite me.

I even get why people avoid media with weirdly specific things, everyone has their poo poo, it's saying that the media is a slight against the disabled that's beyond the pale to me.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Orange DeviI posted:

What do you think Twitter is

lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lol but also I like to kill all the guys in central yharnam

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

American McGay posted:

Plane to New Zealand just landed. I'm in.

congrats, enjoy the vacation

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

scary ghost dog posted:

can anyone confirm romance options/morality system?

i can confirm that i am married and neutral good. thanks for asking.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lol already got owned twice while my hands were getting used to the controls.

this fuckin rules so far. my only souls game before this was bloodborne and this feels very similar, in a good way. it's going to be tough going back and forth between this and yakuza 6 but i'm going to try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lmao

i only got an hour in last night but it actually eases you in more than other fromsoft games. the tutorial hole is gentle and it nudges you right into it.