Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Is Punk just the 4th man in the booth now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

IGgy IGsen posted:

Who's this CM Punk guy? Who'd he ever beat.

Matt Sydal!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Good lord those heels on Paige. I really hope she doesn't have to do any running. :ohdear:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

So the Pinnacle is just dead now?

They literally did an angle where they laid out Darby last week.

People can lose feuds without breaking up. And people don't have to literally only wrestle matches with their stablemates to still be in the group.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MorningMoon posted:

Men of the Year will get a title shot on a random Dynamite when the Lucha Bros are knee deep in another angle and the finish will involve MotY vanishing after the pin.

I think they're aiming for Sammy defends the TNT belt against probably Scorpio.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

smarxist posted:

i hope the FTR boys get The Super Frogs added to their cagematch now

Let's be honest, AAA is not above booking frogs.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

CapnAndy posted:

So why did FTR feel the need to do that, though? Why not just challenge as themselves?

Kayfabe: So the Lucha Bros weren't scouting them.

Shoot: So the fans get mad because they were expecting Dragon Lee or Black Taurus.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Tony's a little salty about Punk just immediately blowing the game.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I mean, FTR and Andrade were both in WWE/NXT together, I guess?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
So, yes, the Pinnacle 100% broken up.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

CapnAndy posted:

Okay I have been wondering if that was the same Serena as used to be in the Straight Edge Society

thank you for the joke, Punk

If you haven't, go and watch Deeb/Riho from the pre-show a few PPVs back. It's a legit 4.5 star banger.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Good. The best spot for him.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I appreciate that they are trying to give you a reason to like Cody. But it's got about a 50/50 shot of working and I'm not sure how Cody will react if it doesn't.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
That's called 'physically', Max.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'm not the biggest fan of MJF's mic shtick, but the repeated foreshadowing to Wardlow turning face on him is very good.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Interesting, they are loosely tying Britt to the Elite.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
"And if you do not listen, TO HELL WITH YOU!" - Miro

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
That sign says Cowboy Shot

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

karmicknight posted:

he's getting a title shot.

:hmmyes:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

WE'VE DUCT TAPED BRYANS SKULL BACK TOGETHER AND HES READY TO FIGHT

No, he murdered the old man and took his power. It's like Highlander.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

karmicknight posted:

I hope it's just that they don't want to spoil the Danielson/Fish match by announcing Danielson in the tournament.

I mean, you could just put both guys on the bracket. (Or have made this the first round)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I like JR pretending he read Tony's comic. Like, Punk, sure, he's a bit of a comics guy. Excalibur, 100%. JR, bullshit.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
HE DID THE DEAL

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
YES. Danielson's doing the thing where he can beat you with a million different moves.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

RandolphCarter posted:

No Miro in the tournament :(

No room for weak necks in the bracket.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

xbilkis posted:

Folks, Mox is working heel

I figure Danielson kills Eddie in the semis to really dig the knife in.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

dromal phrenia posted:

hell yeah

most wrestlers have a finisher that they hit and if they hit it, they win. danielson has a rage meter and if it fills, every move he does is a finisher :unsmigghh:

there's an alternate mode where he builds up a technical meter and if it fills, his small package is unescapable

I really, really wish Tekkers didn't have to be in the tag league, cuz Danielson/ZSJ would be a thing of beauty and we're probably not gonna see it until like April at the earliest.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

DLC Inc posted:

it will be exciting to see Mox legit lose or even have to loving tap, clean, to Bryan Danielson

I think the finish is the elbows to the head/stomps to the face and the ref stops it.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Gumball Gumption posted:

I feel like it's either Mox winning the tournament so that Hangman can beat him working heel or it's going to be an interesting upset with someone Hangman can beat in his first defense

I can definitely imagine Tony's eyes lighting up when he heard Mox getting heat for attacking Page in the ladder match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Bryan just gonna collect the heads of these old fuckers.