Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

rotinaj posted:

Am I wrong, or didn't Bryan Danielson used to have big chop battles, way back when? In the ROH days, him vs Morishima or McGuinness had extended chop segments, right? Or am I misremembering?

I just thought it was a little strange that Danielson wouldn't do any knife-edged chops against Suzuki.

edit: that first knockout elbow that actually gashed danielson's cheekbone is still so insane looking

Hell he had a big chop battle a couple weeks ago with Kenny Omega.

I liked seeing the variation in strikes myself; felt like they were trying to find an effective strike that would do the most damage against the other guy. I'd have to rewatch to see if Suzuki shifted away from the forearm after he dropped DB though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

rotinaj posted:

I want Archer to recruit someone into an American Suzuki-Gun.

Maybe he and Suzuki can get Bear Country to be killers.

Bear Country would be a good call, but Garcia feels like such a perfect fit. Of course that would mean taking him away from his dads and that would make me sad.

E: Actually I could see 2.0 in the Taka role of rat faced shittalkers

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

rotinaj posted:

I would be kinda into a two-on-one feud of 2.0 versus Archer with Garcia's soul on the line.

That would be pretty cool.

But I can just hear Matt staring coke eyed into the camera and screaming "you want a taste? Suzuki-gun, ICHIBAN!" and Jeff a split second late with the Ichiban and I want to throw money at it.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

BUDGE

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

I am loving this episode. Everything feels justified or earned, everyone is committed and I'm just excited to see what's next.

Only real complaint is Mox Yuta and that was clearly set up for the future and I can live with that.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Pharoah is such a good doggie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Did folks have the same meltdown when the Bucks had the belts?