Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

In perhaps the greatest upset in the history of sports, Marc Curles made a call that resulted in a fanbase throwing garbage on the field, but it was the *correct call*. AJ Green should send him a fruit basket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Taerkar posted:

Offensive touchdowns on Georgia's D are a moral victory.

TDs scored against Georgia this season

UAB: Carson Beck threw a pick-6
SCAR: 4th quarter TD on the backups when the refs blew a Georgia fumble call
Auburn: Nix Nix'd around and Tank ran his rear end off to cut a 24-3 lead to 24-10
Kentucky: Inch away from the QB almost taking a knee on third down, inch away from the QB fumbling, a bunch of trickery and misdirection later, TD
Kentucky: 11-minute drive to score a TD with 4 seconds left to cut a 30-7 lead to 30-13, blocked PAT

RC and Moon Pie posted:

There's Reggie Ball. Don't forget Reggie Ball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJndREUn8yw&t=3668s

If it doesn't start late in the video, the magic begins at 1:01:00. Watch all of the last two minutes.

I miss the Verne/Blackledge CBS era. Todd's incredulity at at Reggie Ball's turdwittedness is great.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Grantham's defense let some LSU rando run for the most yards ever on Florida, surpassing Herschel's record by 50 yards.

Though as a solid Democratic voter in Georgia, I say go that guy.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

maxallen posted:

I'd just like to say that, as a vols fan,...

that ruled. Fan revolts rule. Zebras are just football cops, and :acab:. Pop off all day long. Without fan revolts, would we have the legends of ten cent beer night, the malice at the palace, bottlegate, or throwing batteries at santa? I'm proud of our fanbase, that was legendary

Marc Curles is a Birmingham-based banking middle manager and most certainly voted for Trump, but he's not a cop per se

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

2018 LSU was pretty good – 10 wins, destroyed Kirby's best UGA team (on paper), beat undefeated UCF in the Fiesta, should've won the 7OT game.

But otherwise yeah, outside of the interim stuff he's either been forgettable or bad.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

It didn't make the Athletic story but this might actually be my favorite part of the Orgeron thing:

https://twitter.com/MCTrent23/status/1449802320070561797?s=20

General Dog posted:

Georgia may not give up 20 points until the playoffs, and that includes Bama.

UGA has an off-week, then Florida. After that: Missouri, @ Tennessee, Charleston Southern, @ Georgia Tech. I mean....guh.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/briancrice/status/1449601813938950145?s=20

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

RumbleFish posted:

Imagine being proud of melting down over a correct call so badly that it delayed the game 20 minutes and evacuated the opposing team's sideline lol

I was embarrassed when our student section threw some water bottles into an end zone once, catch me never thumping my chest over the other team's cheerleaders and poo poo catching strays to an extent the game may not have been able to continue (and, again, over a call that was justified by the game's rules).

I've been winkingly referencing it but Marc Curles is literally the same Muppet-voiced pud who flagged AJ Green for being excited about football twelve years ago, a dogshit call that he followed up with an even worse series the next week in the Arkansas/Florida game where he gave Tebow a first down despite being two yards short and called a blindside block against a Razorback who himself was blindside blocked. You might notice the names here: Tim Tebow, AJ Green. Curles has been so bad, for so long.

And yet! He got this call right! Bless his pallid visage, his beer belly, this sexless, witless middle-aged shameful ghost of a man; he got this call dead right. Might even put in some extra skim milk in the oatmeal tomorrow morning, he deserves it! Now why this guy is still somehow stalking around SEC primetime games in the year 2021 is beyond me, but you know, none of us littered the field with poo poo when he's blown calls before, and hoo boy he has. As I recall, UGA fans in 2009 went home and bitched on the Internet like normal people

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I missed the end of Michigan/Michigan State '15 because I was at Georgia/Missouri, one of the worst games of football ever played. At the same exact moment Sparty crossed the goalline, Greyson Lambert tossed a game-opening pick that Mizzou returned to the UGA 1. They ended up scoring 6 points for the entire game.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I've seen UGA get its rear end kicked by DOA Zook and even more DOA Muschamp in the Cocktail Party, but that said, lol:

https://twitter.com/SoderquistGC/status/1450253448008634372?s=20

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

LeeMajors posted:

I guess it depends on your point of view. He’s a halting, repulsive man but I guess he’s charismatic to morons.

the median of "witty" in this country is "bad puns plus racism," alas

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

the Pope himself says to get the shot, these mutants are guided solely by their deep devotion to Donald Trump no matter what title they give to their chin-stroking

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

His bad decision making hosed a bunch of young men, so he's definitely still catholic.

:eyepop:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

letter took longer to draft than either of my two Moderna shots.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

UGA's defense was great in 2019 and...we'll say "inattentive but good" in 2020, especially the secondary, and then they brought back the entire front 7. UGA's DBs have yet to truly be tested, partially because of the QBs they've faced, but also because UGA can destroy other teams' OLs without even blitzing.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

LLCoolJD posted:

They gave up 44 points and 474 passing yards to Florida last year. It's going to be painful to see the year-to-year comparison.

That's why I said "inattentive but good." There was a whole lot of "gently caress it" in the Bama/Florida games when it became obvious the offense wasn't going to hold up its end of the bargain.

Also Florida would probably throw on even this UGA defense too; that offense was sick.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

All of us here know he's a putz but don't discount how sly Grantham is at getting his pudgy octopus arms all over an athletic department; the guy talks an enormous game and is clever about surrounding himself with randos convinced of his genius. Before the jig was up, he used to have all sorts of true believers demanding fealty to his genius on UGA message boards, that he had a 6-year plan if only UGA would adhere to it.

I'll never know what people see in him, but guy can draw on a whiteboard like no one else, the ol' "baffle 'em with bullshit."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

dirty shrimp money posted:

I reckon the playoffs looks like -
Georgia
Oklahoma
Alabama
Ohio State

If UGA gets past Florida next week, then their chances of going undefeated in the regular season are like 99%, which is rare air for the program and it'd be intriguing how they'd play the SECCG against Bama knowing the Dawgs were already in the CFP.