Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

really enjoying the new content, thank you Tann

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

I want to say "gently caress you, tann" because this game makes me late for work when I play it for 45 minutes every morning

I think my only balance complaint is that ranged damage is ridiculously valuable now with the addition of Thorns and more on-hit effects, to the point that Ranger and Sharpshooter are way ahead of the other orange upgrades

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

Mend will also reduce a hero's HP to 3 if it's more than 3 so that's probably what happened. Like the spell says, it sets it to 3 no matter what value it was previously

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

The game is definitely harder across the board now but the accursed Goblins + Wisps level 13-15 room that was harder than either of the final bosses no longer exists, so it's a net loss in difficulty IMO

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

The Aguamoose posted:

Statue's great, I've taken it a few times and always get an item or two which makes their dice useful through replacing blank sides.

The best statue combo was I got an item which turned blanks to mana and another item which increased the value of any sides with a matching side, by the number of matches.

So basically I got 6 mana a turn just from Statue.

Lol, I literally just opened this thread to post this picture and be like "hey I finally made Statue useful!"

It's good poo poo

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

BitBasher posted:

I picked this up and love it, but I suck bad at it. In a dozen easy playthroughs I have made it to the final boss once. Any basic tips?

per the creator of the game:

Tann posted:

roll better, scrub

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

really though i think it's just a matter of playing more until you get comfortable with the enemy types and have learned which heroes/items suck (guardian) so you can avoid them. and a fair bit of luck

i honestly cant believe guardian made it through to 2.0 unchanged. he's so bad

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

Cantrip combos are all well and good until something puts Pain on you

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

lol

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

Getting Angel Feather when you don't have and can't get Valkyrie is truly painful

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

Ace really is just bad bc even in a perfect 3-pip team setup, you get 9 mana to use on... Draw? He should have a more impactful spell at the very least if setting him up for big mana turns is gonna stay his gimmick

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

Boost 3 is good but again it requires a lot of setup and it's the only thing that hero is doing that turn. And like... how often do you have two other 3-pip sides and then also a side you really want to give boost 3 to? I guess you can do all of that to give, like, yellow a good cleave somewhere. I dunno

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

whirl is great as a combo with caldera. you might even get the triple whammy with druid and trivialize all non-boss fights